First up, some KILLER recipes using your favorite candy:
I gathered a few of my favorite treat recipes from Allrecipes.com that utilize some of those treats you may have hanging around! I plan to make a batch or two, and torture my neighbors by getting the sweets out of my door, and through theirs! Might as well do something useful with all that Halloween loot, after all! Am I right?! Enjoy!
28 additional recipes using leftover Halloween candy:
Just today my husband texted me 28 dessert recipes using leftover Halloween candy, They all look AMAZING! We may or may not have ear-marked 26 of them…
Additional uses for leftover Halloween candy:
- Melt your chocolate down to make dipped pretzel rods like THESE ones, perfect treats for Christmas.
- Use the candy for caramel apple toppings for a caramel apple bar!
- Melt it down, put it into molds (see how HERE), and make new candy for Christmas.
- Take your hard candy (like Jolly Ranchers) and make suckers, see HERE.
- Sell back your candy to dentists! Many will buy it back for $1/lb and will send it overseas, but you’d better hurry, most of them only do it the first few days after Halloween. See HERE for participating dentists in your area.
- Stick it in your freezer to use in baking and desserts.
- Pick out red and green candy to use for Christmas centerpieces like apothecary jars and candle holders.
- Donate it to your kids’ teachers to use as treats and rewards throughout the year.
- Save the red and green candy to use for gingerbread house decorating!
- Stash some for stocking stuffers.
- Dontae it to Sunday School teachers or the bishop/clergymen of your congregation/ward. They can give it out to the kids and make their day!
- Donate it to a homeless shelter.
What do you use leftover Halloween candy for? Share any recipes or ideas in the comments below!