Today we're sharing a chocolate chip cookie recipe that you are gonna want to print and save forever. These are the softest, most chocolatey Chocolate Chip Cookies you are gonna find on the face of the planet.
If any of you have read THIS random list of facts about me, you'll remember that I dislike
, hate, no, I absolutely despise baking. The only reason I can think of is that… I'm just plain bad at it. But these cookies are so hard to mess up. I promise.
I mean, they are loaded with Easter candy – which is pretty much the best candy of all time. So what could go wrong? Alright. Enough chit chat. You ready for the amazing Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe??
Chocolate Chip Cookies with Cadbury Mini Eggs
Okay, so when it comes to Easter candy, we really have a few favorites that we just gravitate towards and stock up on. Cadbury Mini Eggs are one of those. You better believe once they go on sale, we stash away as many bags as we can afford. Anyone else guilty of this?
Lately I've been craving one thing and one thing alone… Chocolate Chip Cookies.
By the bucketful. I made so many batches in the last week that I ran out of butter, flour, AND chocolate chips!
Seriously. Who runs out of flour??
I sent my hubby on a late night run for the butter and flour, but chocolate chips are one of the things I buy from Costco so I decided to hold out on purchasing those. But that left me with a lingering dilemma… How can you bake chocolate chip cookies without chocolate chips?!?!
You can't, of course.
Being the OCD frugalista extraordinaire that I am, I got scrappy and came up with a solution. I ran to my media room, dug through our disgustingly ginormous container of movie candy, found a bag of our favorite old Easter candy (yes, from LAST YEAR!), and made the most amazing chocolate chip cookies. Ever.
Gave it a good, rough chop, but was sure to leave lots of big chunks! (Who doesn't love chocolatey, chunky cookies?)
I made the dough like usual, but substituted the chocolate in place of the semi-sweet chocolate chips.
They are extra sweet since our chopped up Mini Cadbury Eggs are milk chocolate instead of semi-sweet chips. These Chocolate Chip Cookies are a BIG win in my book!
These cookies disappear faster than a bowl of candy! They are soooo good!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Using Leftover Easter Candy
- 1/2 Cup Salted Butter
- 1/2 Cup White Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 Cup Chocolate Chips or Chopped Chocolate Candy
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Microwave butter for about 30 seconds until soft, but not entirely melted.
- Beat butter and sugars until creamy. Add the vanilla and the egg and beat well on low speed.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt and mix until dough forms crumbles. Add the chocolate chips or roughly chopped chocolate candy - Cadbury Eggs are always a crowd pleaser.
- Roll the dough into balls and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes until the cookies are puffy and light golden brown. Do not bake too long. Let cool on baking sheet and enjoy with a nice big glass of milk.