As you read in my first post, we had a family of 5 over for dinner on Sunday…on a whim…without having gone grocery shopping at all that week. Potentially a BAD idea, but it turned out amazing! It forced me to get creative and search my pantry, fridge, and freezer for ingredients I had on-hand, to feed 4 adults, 2 teens, 1 tween, and 4 little kids a full-blown, homemade ham dinner! It turned out amazing. I made Brown Sugar Slow Cooker Ham, roasted carrots & mashed sweet potatoes, Easy Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes, a Chocolate Bundt Cake with caramel drizzle, and Strawberry Spinach Salad with homemade Honey Poppy Seed Dressing! Yes, you read that right. (And I don't even like to cook!)
Click any of the other recipes above to get details on them, but for now I'm here to share the my no-fail, delicious, easy peasy crowd pleasing Cake Mix Chocolate Bundt Cake recipe with you! Let's get on with it!
Easy Cake Mix Chocolate Bundt Cake Recipe:
I'm sorry this picture is terrible, but we gobbled up the cake so fast I wasn't able to snap a decent picture! So enjoy this mess and just trust me that this cake will change your life…especially because it's from a CAKE MIX of all things!
Get the printable recipe by clicking here
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup oil
- 1 boxed chocolate cake mix
- 1 small box instant chocolate pudding
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (or toss in leftover Easter candy! I used about 1 cup mini cadbury eggs, chopped)
- Chocolate or caramel ice cream syrup, powdered sugar, or your favorite glaze
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat sour cream, eggs, water and oil together in a large bowl until thoroughly mixed. Add cake mix and pudding mix. Stir in chocolate chips or candy. Place batter in a greased, and floured bundt pan.
- Bake 45-55 minutes, or until a fork inserted into cake comes out clean.
- While cake is still hot, invert cake on serving plate. When cool, drizzle with caramel or your favorite glaze or topping of choice. Serve, and enjoy!
Again, get the printable recipe by clicking here.
Have you checked out ShelfCooking.com yet? Our brand new site is dedicated to helping you cook delicious, nutritious and budget-friendly meals for your family without slaving away in the kitchen! Basically every parent's dream, right? Join our Shelf Cooking Community today!
See any of the other recipes here:
- Mashed sweet potatoes + roasted carrots
- Brown Sugar Slow Cooker Ham
- Easy Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
- Strawberry Spinach Salad recipe