Are you new here? We're SO excited you found us. Welcome to Freebs Nation! Here's a little beginner's guide to help you kickstart your journey and navigate all things Fun Cheap or Free.
To kick things off, here's what you should know about us: We're on a mission to show people how to live their best lives! Over the years, we've helped thousands of families around the world pay off MILLIONS of dollars in debt and take control of their finances. We've also empowered thousands of people to take control of their time and free up their schedules to focus on doing more of what they love.
We share TONS of free finance, budgeting, productivity, and lifestyle advice here on our blog and social media. We also offer two digital courses–Productivity Bootcamp and Budget Bootcamp. If you need a little extra help whipping your wallet or your calendar into shape, definitely check those out!
Since you're new here, we put together a few essential resources to help you get started on your path to living the Fun Cheap or Free lifestyle! Click the links below to learn more about us. Have questions? Get in touch! Drop us a note at [email protected]! Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to follow us on Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, and Facebook so we can keep in touch with you! Now, on to that beginner's guide.
MEET JORDAN PAGE
You may have seen Jordan (aka the Fun Cheap or Free Queen) on the Today Show, Rachael Ray, or TLC. Jordan is the mother of 8 kids, wife to Bubba, a Utah transplant, and a kitchen dancing enthusiast. After going through tough financial times, Jordan got out of debt in record time and is living proof that you can live a millionaire lifestyle BECAUSE of a conservative budget…not despite it. Jordan's innovative money management, organization, productivity, and family systems principles have reshaped the lives of hundreds of thousands of families all over the globe.
THE BEGINNER'S GUIDE TO BUDGETING
If you click on the budget tab on our homepage, you'll find hundreds of free articles with some of our best budgeting advice. Wondering where the heck to start? We suggest checking out these three must-reads first:
- The 70% Budget Rule – This principle is one of the cornerstones of all our budgeting advice. If you only read one of our articles, stop what you're doing and read this one! It will change the way you think about budgeting, saving, and spending your money. No matter what your income is, this works!
- How to Do a Spending Freeze – If you're in a pinch and need some extra cash like yesterday, then you NEED to read this post. In just one week, you can save up to hundreds of dollars. No gimmicks here. Just tried and true principles that work!
- 3 Simple Steps to Get Out of Debt – If you're drowning in student loans or credit card debt, take a deep breath, and then read this post. Getting out of debt is easier than you might think, and you can do it pretty quickly if you follow these steps!
Whip your wallet into shape with our no-stress, no-fluff, on-demand program. Get all of Jordan's best advice in one spot, plus access to 15 exercises for you to complete at home, at your own pace. This highly-interactive video course is anything but boring. And you have nothing to lose because if you don't love it, we'll give you 100% of your money back. Learn more about Budget Boot Camp here, and save 10% with the code FCFBLOG! And be sure to take a peek at our budget planners, too. They're pretty awesome.
A BEGINNER'S GUIDE TO PRODUCTIVITY & ORGANIZATION
Is your calendar a hot mess? Do you feel like you're always falling behind? We've got SO many productivity tips that will transform your approach to time management and give you tons more time to do the things you love. Start by reading these three articles:
- The Block Schedule System – We're not big fans of clickbait or artificial hype around here because we know you're too busy for that. We ladies have to stick together, right? Well, we're telling you, this block schedule is worth the hype! Try it for a day and see how much you get done.
- 7 Things to Do Every Sunday to Organize Your Week – Just another manic Monday! Sing it with us, you guys. Okay, here's the thing. Your Mondays do not have to be so stressful. Give this post a quick read, try out the advice, and watch what happens. Spoiler alert: you'll never go back to the old way!
- Cleaning Schedule + Free Printable – Quick pep talk! Your worth is not tied to how clean or Pinterest-perfect your house looks. That being said, if you find it all overwhelming, here's how to put a plan into action so you can keep your home clean with a lot less effort!
Need a little extra help? Our Productivity Boot Camp shows you how to organize your time, find motivation, and more. Register for our Productivity Boot Camp using the code FCFBLOG to save 10%! By the way, we also offer some of the most gorgeous productivity planners you'll ever see. Just saying!
Pro Tip: For an extra dose of fun and motivation, be sure to join our “Focused In” Challenges! They're totally free, super productive, and a dang good time if we do say so ourselves.
GET ADVICE TO STRENGTHEN YOUR FAMILY
Ultimately, everything we do here at Fun Cheap or Free is designed to help strengthen families. When your finances are in order, and you've got the systems in place to stay productive and organized, you end up having SO much more time and energy to spend with the ones you love. While we don't consider ourselves relationships experts, we do love sharing practical tips and tricks you can use to raise capable kids, keep your marriage strong, and have a happy, healthy home. If that's something you're into, too, check out these articles:
- The Clipboard System – Do you struggle with fights about homework, screen time, or chores? Enter: the clipboard system! Check it out, you guys. It's so stinking easy, and it's a game-changer.
- Our Best Marriage Advice – Find all our best marriage advice in one place. Nothing is off-limits! We talk about fights, money, intimacy, are more.
- Family Conversation Starters – We think eating meals together as a family is SO important. If you're running out of dinnertime topics, be sure to check out our list of conversation starters!
SHELF COOKING 101: A BEGINNER'S GUIDE TO MEAL PLANNING
What the what? If you're new to shelf cooking, you're going to love it. It's a term we coined, and essentially, it's all about learning to shop your kitchen instead of making hundreds of trips to the grocery store each week. Shelf cooking helps you use ingredients you already have to save time and money and waste a whole lot less food. It's a game-changer. Visit our Shelf Cooking blog for all the deets, plus TONS of free, delicious recipes.
LET'S KEEP IN TOUCH
Text FCFTEXT to 833-520-0668 so we can keep you up to date on all the latest news, deals, and happenings! And don't forget to subscribe to Jordan's YouTube page for free video updates each month.
Thanks for stopping by! We hope this beginner's guide helps you kickstart your path to frugal living. Please let us know how we can help. We can't wait to meet you soon!
The Fun Cheap or Free Team