Halloween is almost here! To celebrate the impending arrival of one of my favorite holidays of the year, I thought I'd share my quick, easy, and super-duper cheap (naturally) Halloween mantel with you.
I got a late start on my decor this year, so I needed it to be quick, easy, but noticeable. There's nothing like last-minute decorating, right? It keeps things fun.
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
I tossed up the pinwheel banner that I made last year. It took FOREVER to make last year, but since it's been used for two years now, I guess it was worth the effort. 😉 #NotACrafter (Well, it held up all except part of the “T” that was a recent casualty to my 2-year-old's curious fingers…)
I hot-glued some letters and Halloween shapes to the middle (I used a Silhouette machine but you could buy cut-outs or print them off your computer and cut them by hand). Then I hot-glued the pinwheels to dollar store ribbon and voila! I displayed a few lanterns that I got from the Target dollar bins last year.
The cute candle warmer lantern gives a nice effect…and a great smell while at it. I bought the little textured pumpkins AFTER Thanksgiving years ago for around $1 each.
My kids decorated the mini (real) pumpkins at a party with a sharpie. Aren't they little Picasso's? I bought the spiderweb for less than $3 from Kmart last year in their “after-Halloween clearance”. It's MASSIVE!
The mirror, though non-Halloweenie, was $60 (marked down from $200) at a furniture store that was going out of business. It's 3 or 4 feet tall and weighs about a million pounds.
So, there you have it! Remember to stock up on clearance AFTER Halloween to help decorate your home for next year.
Looking for more cheap and easy Halloween ideas?
- Come learn how we do our easy homemade Halloween costumes, plus tips for finding them for cheap if you don't want to make them!
- Have fun putting together a Halloween party on the cheap!
- You don't have to break the bank on Halloween candy! We have some great tips on where to find the best deals on Halloween candy.
- Celebrate Halloween all month long with these fun Halloween party themes that are easy to do at home!
- Don't let that Halloween candy go to waste! We have 20 amazing ways to use leftover Halloween candy.