Looking for the perfect easy oatmeal cookies? Look no further! This oatmeal cookie recipe is AH-MA-ZING and it's so easy, even the kids could make it. Make a batch for yourself or take them to your next party!
Whether you're craving something sweet at home, or you're looking for the perfect cheap and easy dessert to take to your next potluck, these easy oatmeal cookies check all the boxes. A crowd favorite, these cookies are just plain delicious. Plus, they're versatile!
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Skip straight to the recipe or keep on reading for some awesome tips for baking, storage, add-ins, and delicious ways to repurpose your leftover cookies! Trust us, you cannot go wrong with this easy oatmeal cookie. Now, let's get to the good stuff!
TIPS FOR BAKING AND STORING THE PERFECT COOKIES
For even baking, be sure to use parchment paper. This also makes cleaning up a breeze and prevents and sticking to the baking sheet! Seriously… perfect cookies every. single. time.
When cool, store your amazing oatmeal cookies in an airtight container on the counter for up to five days. Make sure they fully cool first or they may condensate and become soggy. If you want to freeze your cookies, flash freeze them in a single layer on a cookie sheet then add them to a freezer-safe bag!
Pro Tip: If your cookies begin to harden in the airtight container, stick a piece of bread in there to keep them moist!
EASY OATMEAL COOKIES ADD-INS
Add-ins can really make a great oatmeal cookie, right? These are some of our favorites!
- Dried Fruit
- Chocolate Chips
- Chopped Nuts
- Chopped Candy Bar
- Pretzel Pieces
Can't decide which add-in to use? Split the dough into two batches and try two different combos!
HOW TO REPURPOSE YOUR EASY OATMEAL COOKIES
We are pretty sure you won't have issues with leftover cookies, but just in case, here are some of the best ways to repurpose and reuse your cookies so they don't go to waste!
- Crumble Over Ice Cream – Mmm hmmm. Try our homemade ice cream recipe from Shelf Cooking!
- Cookie Sandwich – A cookie sandwich with frosting in the middle? Yes please!
- Ice Cream Sandwich – There is nothing quite as satisfying as a homemade ice cream sandwich!
- Pie Crust – Crush up leftover cookies and turn it into pie crust!
- Cake Pops – But, with cookies! Don't forget the cute little sticks to put them on.
- Yogurt Parfait – Crumble a cookie on top of your yogurt parfait, almost like granola.
- Crumble on Pudding – Nothing like a delicious oatmeal cookie to add a little texture to your pudding!
There are so many ways to use these easy oatmeal cookies!
YOUR NEW FAVORITE OATMEAL COOKIE RECIPE
This recipe is so easy and so incredibly tasty, you'll never need another recipe again!
EASY OATMEAL COOKIES
- 1 pound butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 5 cups rolled oats, ground into oat flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3-4 cups Add-ins (dried fruit, mini M&Ms, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cream butter, sugar, and brown sugar together in a bowl.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Sift and add flour,then add ground oatmeal, baking soda, and salt.
- Toss in any add-ins and mix until combined. Dough will be very thick! (You may need to knead the dough on a floured countertop.)
- Place golf ball-size balls on baking sheet and press flat.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool on a baking sheet before enjoying!
We told you it was easy! And they make so many, so they're perfect to make for parties or to give away during the holidays.
Now that you have this delicious and easy oatmeal cookie recipe, tell us… What is your favorite way to enjoy them? Let us know in the comments below!
Want more delicious recipes?
- This super easy Mexican sandwich recipe is the BEST way to use up leftover chicken!
- This 10-minute mini quiche recipe is a foolproof go-to.
- You have to try these quick and easy donut holes!
Bake today a good day!