Whether you're throwing a brunch party or bridal shower, we've got the perfect idea for you. This crustless mini quiche recipe is so quick and easy to whip up, and it tastes delish!
We love a nice warm breakfast around here, and we also love making dishes that are quick, cheap, and easy to prepare. And guess what? This recipe checks all those boxes and then some!
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
EASY WAYS TO CUSTOMIZE THIS MINI QUICHE RECIPE
These adorable mini quiches aren't super egg-y (is that a word?!). They're textured more like muffins, which we happen to love, and they are so stinking inexpensive to make because you most likely have all the ingredients on hand. That means you can make huge batches for pennies. Yup! Since we're all about shelf cooking (aka shopping your kitchen instead of the store), we thought we'd show you how to make swaps and substitutes if you need to, so here you go:
- Bacon – No bacon? Use sausage crumbles, turkey bacon, deli meat, ham, shredded chicken, or any other meat you have on hand. Cooking for vegetarians? Skip the meat altogether!
- Onion – Out of fresh onions? Use 2-4 tablespoons of dried, minced onion instead.
- Green Onion – No green onions? Sub in some parsley!
- Cheddar Cheese – If you don't have cheddar, just use another cheese. Mixed, swiss, provolone, mozzarella, or parmesan all work beautifully.
- Bisquik – If you don't keep Bisquick (or a generic baking mix) in your pantry, make your own! Just combine 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1½ teaspoons baking powder, ½ teaspoon salt, and 1 tablespoon vegetable oil.
Now you're all set! Let's talk about ways to take this recipe up a notch. The add-in options are pretty much endless, but we'll share some of our faves!
ADD-INS YOU NEED TO TRY
If you've got produce or protein waiting to be used up, add it to this recipe! If you'd like it in an omelet, then you'll like it in mini quiche. Here are a few add-in ideas:
- Diced Sweet Potatoes
You can also garnish or dip these mini quiches in sour cream, hollandaise, mustard sauce, or Greek yogurt and dill. YUM! Our mouths are already watering.
AN EASY MINI QUICHE RECIPE
Ready to whip up your new favorite brunch recipe?! This mini quiche is so dang delicious. Here we go!
10-Minute Mini Quiche
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup Bisquik
- 1 tbsp chopped green onion
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Fry up the bacon until crisp, if using slices of bacon. Drain, crumble, or dice, and set aside.
- Beat the eggs. Mix in all ingredients, then spoon in greased muffin pans (fill cups to the top).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the tops are slightly browned. Allow quiches to cool before removing from the pan with a small knife or spatula.
Want to make a batch to freeze for later? Go for it, because these freeze beautifully! Just allow them to cool, then place in a freezer-safe container for up to two months. When you're ready to eat, warm in the microwave for around one minute, then serve and enjoy! This recipe is perfect for batch cooking make-ahead freezer breakfasts.
Now that you've got all the tips, tricks, and secrets to make the perfect mini quiche batch, we can't wait for you to try this simple recipe! Hopefully, your family will love it as much as we think they will. (What's not to love, right?!)
Let us know what you think, okay? And because we're curious, please leave a comment below and let us know what your favorite quiche filling is!
Looking for a few more brunch or breakfast ideas?
- You won't believe how incredible these cinnamon rolls taste!
- And if you like cinnamon rolls, you'll love these quick donut holes, too.
- Last but not least, try this easy party punch!
Have an egg-cellent day!