This holiday bucket list is the perfect way to fill your time during the whole month of December, including your Christmas break! You'll have a fun time making new memories with your family.
The holiday season is in full swing around here, and if your house is anything like ours, a bit of affordable (or free!) fun is in order! To help bring in some holiday spirit, we've got a great list of the ultimate fun, cheap, and even FREE holiday bucket list activities to keep you and your family celebrating all month long! We even have it in a free printable for you so you can make it an official holiday checklist!
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
The holiday season is basically the best time of year! There's something magical about lights, music, and of course, time spent with family and friends. With so many parties and events, it can be a busy time of year. Our printable holiday bucket list will help your family enjoy all of the fun things the holiday season has in store!
HOLIDAY ACTIVITIES TO DO AT HOME
Sometimes you just really don't want to leave your house to have a good time. Try out these fun holiday bucket list ideas to see just how fun staying at home can really be!
- Write a letter to Santa.
- Build a gingerbread house.
- Decorate the Christmas tree.
- Host a gift exchange.
- Play holiday charades.
- Watch Christmas movies.
- Lay under the Christmas tree.
- Have a holiday music dance party.
- Kiss under the mistletoe.
- Spend time with family.
- Build a blanket fort.
- Read Christmas stories.
- Family game night.
- Wear matching Christmas pajamas.
- Listen to Christmas music.
- Set up a nativity set.
- Create a new holiday tradition!
Don't those all sound like so much fun?! Buckle up because we're just getting started. 😉
HOLIDAY FOOD BUCKET LIST
There are some food-related activities that just scream Christmas! From making sugar cookies to drinking eggnog, here are some fun things to do:
- Decorate sugar cookies.
- Drink hot cocoa.
- Make fudge.
- Roast marshmallows in the fireplace.
- Bake muffins.
- Drink eggnog.
- Make apple cider in your slow cooker.
So delicious and so easy to do! Who knew a bucket list could taste so good?
HOLIDAY CRAFT BUCKET LIST IDEAS
These crafts are a sure-fire way to have some fun at home while keeping the boredom at bay. Have a competition to see how many you can make in a day!
- Cut out paper snowflakes.
- Make ornaments.
- String popcorn.
- Decorate an ugly sweater.
- Make homemade Christmas cards.
- Wrap Christmas gifts.
- Make reindeer food.
- Decorate Santa hats.
- Make gifts for your neighbors.
These are fun for adults and kids of all ages! We promise they're great boredom busters that'll keep kids of any age busy during Christmas break.
HOLIDAY ACTS OF SERVICE
Christmas time is about giving back, and it's so important to do that together as a family! Here are some great ideas to do just that:
- Donate old toys.
- Volunteer with a local organization.
- Perform random acts of kindness.
- Deliver treats to local fire and police stations.
- Donate to the local food bank.
- Elf your neighbors!
We love doing service projects together during the summer and winter is no different! It's a great time to spend together as a family.
OUTDOOR HOLIDAY ACTIVITIES
If you live in a place with snow, then these are probably pretty obvious ideas for you. But if you don't have snow, don't worry! We've got some ideas that will help you out, too:
- Build a snowman. (Use white Play-Doh or treats if you don't have snow.)
- Go sledding.
- Have a snowball fight. (Use fake snowballs if you have to!)
- Make snow angels.
These are fun ways to enjoy some outside time and expend some energy!
OUT ON THE TOWN HOLIDAY FUN
If you like to get out of the house to fight the boredom, try out these fun holiday bucket list ideas!
- Christmas light scavenger hunt.
- Go ice skating.
- Go Christmas caroling.
- Find a local production of The Nutcracker.
- Visit Santa.
- Look at holiday decorations at the mall.
- Go to a local Christmas parade.
- Attend a Christmas tree lighting.
- Visit a live nativity.
What are some of your favorite holiday activities? Do you have any special traditions? Share with us in the comments below!
Want more Christmas ideas?
- See how much we spend on Christmas.
- Learn how to make your Christmas traditions amazing!
- Come check out the Page family gift guide.