Got a baby on the way? Today, I'm sharing my favorite baby and twin must haves! We're talking baby sleep, baby clothes, baby feeding, strollers, the best diaper bags for twins, and so much more. If you're expecting, this list is full of must have items for twins!
The twins have been around for a while and all of these twin must haves have proven to be so helpful that we decided it was time to share them with you again! I have very firm opinions about what is absolutely necessary, what is a total waste, and what is nice to have if you can save for it!
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
So, buckle down and walk around with me to see what baby items we use, abuse, love and recommend! Hopefully, it's helpful for you guys! I have twins, so I'm going to focus mostly on twin must haves, but most of these are highly recommended for one baby, too.
Click HERE to watch the video online or keep scrolling to find links and codes for my twin baby must haves.
Whew! That was a long one! Don't forget, when it comes to the essentials for a baby, all you really need is clothing, diapers, wipes, and food. At the end of the day you don't “need” much. I recommend looking at this list, think about what you need, talk to other moms, look at your budget, and then decide what YOU need!
MY MOST IMPORTANT BABY TIP
You HAVE to find deals! Make your list EARLY and start shopping in advance so you can watch for sales. You'll know when something is a good deal. I like to use Rakuten because you EARN money on your purchases! Say what?! So let me say this again…you NEEEEED to shop through Rakuten. They partner with over 3,500 retailers so chances are, you're going to find a good deal on what you need!
Right now, they have a $30 welcome bonus on your first $30 purchase, so it's a GREAT time to sign up and start earning! Normally the bonus is only $10, so take advantage of this AH-Mazing deal and sign up for Rakuten here!
MOM MUST HAVES
Besides signing up for Rakuten, there are a few more things you need to consider when preparing and shopping for your new baby or babies!
- Amazon Baby Registry – Even if you aren't having a baby shower, make. a. registry! They usually send a coupon for a discount on your remaining items close to the end of your pregnancy so you can get everything left on your list! Target does the same thing, too!
- Free Audible Trial – You're going to spend a lot of time sitting down feeding your sweet bundle! Grab a book or two on Audible with a free trial and listen away!
- AirPods – Trust me on this! Listening to an Audible Book during midnight feedings might just be the only thing keeping you awake! Here's a cheaper version I haven't tried if name brand ones aren't in your budget.
- Loopy Phone Case – Use code FUN10 for 10% off. This might seem weird on a twin must haves list, but it seriously makes the cut! Ain't no body got time or money for dropping your phone 1,487,289 times a day while trying to juggle it all.
- Daily Baby Log – Whether you have one, two, or three babies, this log is a MUST HAVE! Track everything baby with these tracking pads.
TWIN MUST HAVES FOR SLEEPING
The most important part of baby sleep is safety. If you have questions on safe baby sleep, make sure to ask your doctor or your baby's doctor! Here are a few of my favorite products for baby sleep.
- Snoo – I laughed the first time someone suggested this because of the price, but I'm SOLD! While Snoo did gift two of them to us, I definitely would buy them in a heartbeat! The twins sleep so good in them!
- Minky Blankets – Use code PAGE45 for 45% off.
- Healthy Sleep Habits Book
- Healthy Sleep Habits for Twins Book
- LED Neck Book Light – Sure this one is random, but it REALLY helps you see in those midnight feedings without waking everyone up!
- White Noise Machine
- Purple Mattress for Mom and Dad
- Portable Bassinet for Naps Around the House
- Dock a Tot
- Crib – We got ours at Baby Cubby and LOVE them! (PS…Baby Cubby is one of my favorite baby stores! They price match, too!)
- Baby Monitor – We have a video monitor from Owlet, but we've also used this VTech that's more affordable.
TWIN BABY MUST HAVES FOR FEEDING
All babies need fed! However they eat, breast or bottle, is best!
- Walmart Bottles – Hands down my favorite bottles.
- Boon Bottles – If you have babies with colic, these are a game changer!
- Baby Brezza – This is not a necessity, but it's the handiest feeding tool out there! Think Keurig meets formula! We use our Baby Brezza NON-STOP!
- Formula – Even if you don't formula feed, it's a good idea to keep some on hand in case of emergencies. We buy ours at Costco.
- Cloth Diaper Burp Rags
- Twin Z Nursing Pillow – Use code JORDAN for 10% off.
- Nursing Bra – The ones I got are linked here in my Amazon store.
- Nursing Pads – Because no one needs wet spots on their shirts. 😉
- Binkies – I LOVE Ryan and Rose Binkies! Use our Ryan and Rose link and you'll get $5 off your first purchase with them. I've also used other pacifiers with my other babies.
- Daily Baby Log – This is the perfect way to keep up with all things baby!
TWIN MUST HAVES FOR TRANSPORTATION
Getting your babies from place to place safely is definitely a must have for twins! There are so many options on strollers and carriers, so make sure you pick the ones that work best for you!
- Weego Twin Carrier – Use code JORDAN20 for Free Express shipping. The most comfortable way to carry both babies at once!
- Ergobaby 360
- Solly Wrap
- Colugo Carrier – Use code JORDAN for $20 off orders over $125 for NEW customers
- Colugo Stroller – Use code JORDAN for $20 off orders over $125 for NEW customers.
- Doona Car Seat Stroller Combo
- Trippy Stroller from Europe
BEST BABY PRODUCTS FOR BODILY FUNCTIONS AND BATHING
Bodily functions are a part of life, but sometimes babies need a little extra help! Here are, in my opinion, the best baby products for bodily functions out there!
- Nose Frida – No boogers get sucked in your mouth, promise!
- Windi – For tummy gas issues. It really helps!
- Baby Vac – This hooks up to your vacuum if you need more powerful suction or are afraid to use the Nose Frida.
- Electric Booger Sucker
- Diaper Cream
- Diapers – We buy ours from Costco!
- Diaper Pail
- Wipes – Homemade wipes are SO cheap to make, but if you don't want to make them, we also like the ones from Costco!
- Baby Tub
- Tubby Todd
BEST CLOTHING ITEMS FOR BABIES
My days of denim, lots of buttons, and frills are over! After 8 kids, I now stick with simple and basic clothes that are comfy for baby.
- Lemon & Loom – Our favorite sleepers and comfy outfits! Use code JORDAN10 for 10% off.
- Eleanora & Co – Another cozy baby sleeper brand we love! Use code JORDAN for 15% off.
- Freshly Picked – The cutest baby (and toddler) shoes! Code FPxjordan will give new customers 20% off of their purchase.
- Adorable Baby Bows
BONUS!! THE BEST DIAPER BAGS FOR TWINS
Check out the best diaper bags for twins and singletons! I'm SUUUPER picky about my favorite diaper bags, so that should tell you how awesome these are.
- Fawn Design – Use code JORDAN for 15% off. I have a few of their bags and love all of them! I packed my hospital bag using their weekender!
- Freshly Picked – Code FPxjordan will give new customers 20% off of their purchase.
- Austin & Fowler – Use code JORDAN10 for 10% off
- Bodomint – Use code Jordan15 for 15% off
Well there you have it! My VERY long list of twin must haves! Did I miss anything that you consider a must have? Let me know what it is in the comments below!
If you liked this post, make sure to check out these others!
- Wondering what to pack in your hospital bag? I've got you! Check out this IN DEPTH list of what I take to the hospital bag with me!
- Check out this other baby must haves video.
- If you've ever wondered what it's like living with newborn twins, check this post out for an inside view of a day in our life taking care of them!
- Nothing is held back in this Twin Pregnancy Q&A.