Want to whip up a quick party food that will wow a crowd? Prepare to fall in love with this easy bruschetta recipe. You're just ten minutes away from a cheap and cheesy, oh-so-easy delicious snack!
Think fast: you've got company coming over for dinner and need an impressive appetizer ready to go within the hour. What's your go-to? For us, it's this easy bruschetta recipe. Hands down.
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
This isn't your average bruschetta. But, we think it's better than the kind you'd find at a restaurant! Our secret ingredient? Ooey, gooey, melted cheese. Mmmmm… we're hungry already! Ready to do this?
HOW TO MODIFY THIS EASY BRUSCHETTA RECIPE
Alrighty, we're about to share all the ingredients we used to make this dreamy appetizer! But first, we thought we'd help you shelf cook your way through our easy bruschetta recipe. What is shelf cooking? It's using what you already have in your kitchen instead of running to the store for missing ingredients. So, here are a few easy recipe swaps to try:
- Bread – We had a few loaves of leftover Jimmy John's bread in the freezer, so that's what we used. Don't feel limited, though! You can use regular French bread or any baguette that you have on hand.
- Basil – If you don't have fresh basil, sub in pesto instead! You can also try another blend of fresh herbs.
- Mozarella – The cheese is optional, but we highly recommend it! If you don't have mozzarella, use Parmesan, provolone, swiss, or even goat cheese. White cheddar is fine, too.
- Garlic – If you're out of fresh garlic, sub in 1-2 tablespoons of pre-minced garlic from a jar or a pinch of garlic salt.
- Diced Tomatoes – No diced tomatoes in the pantry? Fresh is even better! Wash, rinse, seed, and dice two cups worth of fresh tomatoes.
And don't be afraid to add some colorful garnishes. Diced pepper, parsley, goat or feta cheese, and even spiraled carrots or zucchini would work. Of course, a balsamic drizzle on top is next-level goodness!
WHAT TO SERVE AS THE MAIN COURSE WITH THIS BRUSCHETTA
Need a few entree ideas for that dinner party? Here are a few options that pair nicely with this easy bruschetta recipe:
- Baked Italian Sandwiches – Keep the theme going and try our baked Italian sandwiches. We have to warn you: they are SO dang good. Don't plan to have any leftovers because everyone will want seconds.
- Slow Cooker Pot Roast – This is honestly our go-to recipe for company! They'll think you spent all day in the kitchen, but the crockpot does the work for you. Score! Grab our slow cooker pot roast recipe here.
- Smothered Tilapia – Say hello to your new favorite 10-minute meal! This smothered tilapia tastes like it came from a seafood restaurant, but it is dang easy to make. And tilapia is cheap, so that's a bonus!
- Slow Cooker Honey Ham – Here's another meal idea that's perfect for a crowd! You have to try this easy slow cooker ham!
- Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken – Last but not least, you can never go wrong with this incredible garlic brown sugar chicken recipe.
Need a dessert? We suggest this chocolate bundt cake. It's a doctored-up cake mix, but shhh! We won't tell.
WHAT TO DO WITH LEFTOVERS
We're SO close to that recipe; we can already taste it, but really quick, let's talk about leftovers! Bruschetta isn't the best food to eat cold, nor does it heat up well. However, if you end with more diced tomato topping than you have bread, don't toss it. Instead, here are a few quick ways to use it:
- Omelet – Grab that extra mozzarella and make a quick breakfast!
- Pasta – Need we see more? Those tomatoes are perfect in your favorite pasta dish!
- Italian Style Tacos – Put that bruschetta topping on a taco. Because why not?!
- Cheesy Italian Dip – Melt a few Velveeta cubes in the crockpot or microwave, mix in the bruschetta topping, and start dipping.
- Pizza – This topping tastes great on a pizza, so go ahead and doctor up that frozen pizza you bought on sale or your favorite homemade pizza.
- Soup – Add some of this Bruschetta to a batch of this easy tuxedo soup!
If you have leftover French bread, be sure to freeze it. We wrap ours in plastic wrap, then in foil. It will stay fresh for up to three months that way!
OUR FAVORITE EASY BRUSCHETTA RECIPE
Who's excited?! It's recipe time, and this is one worth saving, so make sure you've got ink in the printer. Here we go!
10-Minute Easy Bruschetta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 loaf baguette-style bread
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil, basil, garlic, tomatoes. Add salt/pepper if desired. Set aside.
- Slice bread. Slice at an angle to look fancier.
- Brush both sides of bread with olive oil, then place bread on a baking sheet.
- Broil on low until bread is toasted and lightly brown. Flip the bread over, and repeat the toasting process.
- Remove the sheet from the oven and add tomato topping and shredded cheese.
- Add back to the oven and broil on low for a few minutes until cheese melts.
- Serve warm and fresh, and enjoy!
Easy peasy, eh? We're pumped for you to try this one!
The next time you need a party appetizer in a flash, you'll know what to do! We promise the crowd will go wild for this easy bruschetta recipe, and we know you'll love it, too.
What's your favorite appetizer? Leave a comment and let us know!
Looking for a few more party foods to try?
- This party punch is sparkly, delicious, and easy!
- Here are tons of cheap party food ideas for any occasion.
- Check out these seven ways to save money on a backyard party–we've got food ideas, plus genius games, too.