Are you ready for a dinner idea that's delicious enough for company but easy enough to make in about five minutes? This 4-ingredient garlic brown sugar chicken recipe is as good as it gets!
If you've been here for a while, then you know our dinnertime philosophy is to keep it simple! So, when we find a four-ingredient recipe that only requires about five minutes of prep? Well, we have to share it with Freebs Nation!
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
This flavorful, juicy dish really couldn't be any easier, and we bet you already have all the ingredients you need! Pull that chicken out of the freezer, and let's get cooking! It's time to introduce you to your new favorite dinner recipe: garlic brown sugar chicken.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH GARLIC BROWN SUGAR CHICKEN
This recipe is perfect for a dinner party because it's so dang easy and affordable! You can even prep it ahead of time in the morning, then warm it up before your guests arrive. But what should you serve with this yummy garlic brown sugar chicken? Here are a few easy ideas:
- Dinner Rolls – Pull a pack out of the freezer, or wow your crowd with these delicious homemade dinner rolls, complete with honey butter!
- Vegetable Medley – Use whatever you have! Steam, roast, or sautee those veggies. They'll give your plate a nice pop of color!
- Corn on the Cob – Easy peasy!
- Rice – You can serve your chicken on a bed of rice or with a scoop on the side. Spoon that sauce from your chicken over the rice. Mmmmm…YUM!
- Scalloped Potatoes – These easy, breezy, cheesy potatoes are guaranteed to impress!
- Fruit Salad – Okay, salad is a stretch, but there is fruit involved, so that's our story, and we're sticking to it! 😉 Seriously, though, this Cool Whip fruit salad from Shelf Cooking is one of our go-to side dishes for neighborhood parties.
- Mixed Greens – When in doubt, go for a side salad! This strawberry spinach salad is so stinking good.
WHAT TO DO WITH LEFTOVERS
If you've got leftovers, then lucky you! Here's what to do. You've got three options:
- Refrigerate – Allow your chicken to cool just a bit, then place any leftovers in an airtight bag or container and store them in your refrigerator for up to four days. After four days, the USDA says to toss that chicken, so if you can't use it by then, be sure to freeze it. This brings us to our next point.
- Freeze – If you want to freeze your chicken, you can! You can even double this batch and freeze a portion for later. Place your garlic brown sugar chicken in an airtight container with a lid, in a freezer bag, or a double-wrapped container covered in plastic wrap and foil. Use within three months. To defrost, thaw overnight in the fridge, then bake at 375°F for about 20 minutes or until it reaches an internal temp of 165°F.
- Repurpose – Want to turn your leftovers into something totally new? Make teriyaki rice bowls, shred the chicken for savory quesadillas, serve your chicken over a bed of pasta, or include those leftovers in a breakfast omelet. You've got tons of options, so take a peek in the fridge and pantry and get creative!
All this talk about side dishes and leftovers probably has you pretty hungry by now, huh? Well, you're in luck! Without further ado, let's start cooking. It's recipe time, you guys!
HOW TO MAKE GARLIC BROWN SUGAR CHICKEN
Your kids will love the flavors in this dish, and you'll love how quick and easy it is to prepare! File this away as a new family favorite.
Easy Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cloves minced garlic (or 3T minced garlic from a jar)
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Additional herbs and spices as desired (we added rosemary, herbs de provence, and a little thyme)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spray a baking pan or cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- In a small saute pan, saute garlic in oil on medium heat until tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar. Add additional herbs and spices as desired.
- Season chicken with salt & pepper. Place chicken in pan and cover with garlic mixture. (Note: we poked the chicken a few times with a fork so the sauce would get down inside it.)
- Bake uncovered for 15-30 minutes, depending on thickness, until juices run clear. Serve and enjoy!
How dang delicious does that sound?! We can't wait for you to try this recipe!
What would you serve on the side with this garlic brown sugar chicken? Leave a comment below and let us know!
If you liked this post, we've got a whole website full of recipes we think you'll love! Have you checked out ShelfCooking.com yet? It is dedicated to helping you cook delicious, homemade, down-home-cooked meals for your family without spending hours in the kitchen! Basically every parent's dream, right? Join our Shelf Cooking Community today!
Looking for a few more easy recipes to try?
- Here are 100+ easy dinner ideas!
- These quick and easy donut holes are a guilty pleasure around here.
- Everyone will love this cheap and easy party punch!
Winner, winner, chicken dinner!