Congratulations, mama! Whether you're expecting your first, second, or eighth kid, creating a baby registry can be overwhelming. Read on for baby fun, along with a few can't-miss-tips and hacks that'll make your precious bundle of joy not cost a bundle of cash.
Picking out nursery decorations, baby clothes, and all the toys and accessories is so exciting! And whether or not you plan to have a baby shower, many of your family and friends will probably ask for your registry link so they can pick out gifts you'll use and need. But did you know that registries can score you SO much more than just gifts?
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Find out which baby registries offer the best freebies and perks, which ones have the best return policy, and more! Read on for the five best baby registries and all the details you need to shower your new little with love and save some cash! Let's do this.
EARN REFFERAL REWARDS + GET A GOODY BAG WITH A BUY BUY BABY REGISTRY
buybuyBaby is pretty much the modern-day version of Baby's R' Us. Baby gear is their specialty, and they have some of the best prices around. If you're thinking of starting a registry with buybuyBaby, here's what you should know:
- The Best Perks – After you complete your registry, buybuyBaby will send you a surprise bag filled with goodies, including samples and coupons for full-sized baby products. Like many other registries, they also offer a completion discount, so you can save 15% off any items that are left on your list before the baby arrives. In addition, they offer referral rewards, so spread the word to your other mama friends! For every friend you refer to start a registry, you'll get a $25 reward coupon. Sweet! And if you and your friends and family purchase a total of $1500 in merchandise from your registry, you'll earn free shipping for a year.
- Return Policy – You have up to one year to make returns, and with a receipt, you'll get a full refund. Just schedule a FedEx pickup or head to a store. No receipt? You can return the item in person and receive up to 80% of the value back.
- Accessibility – With less than 150 retail locations, Buy Buy Baby may not be the best option for folks in rural areas. While they do offer online shopping, free shipping doesn't kick in until $39.
Ready to start that registry? Just head to the buybuyBaby website, or schedule an in-store appointment. While you're on their website, be sure to sign up for their emails. They'll send a coupon good for 20% off one item!
SCORE $120 WORTH OF BABY GEAR WITH A TARGET BABY REGISTRY
Oh, Target, how we love you so! Seriously, what's not to love?! Not only does this store have everything, but they also offer some of the BEST baby registry perks. Here's the lowdown:
- The Best Perks – In addition to a welcome kit with $120 worth of baby merchandise (think wipes, diapers, teething rings, and more), you'll get a 15% of discount to use toward anything that's still left on your registry eight weeks before your due date. And don't forget that Target will price-match! If you see a better deal online or in another store, just show your cashier, and they'll adjust the price accordingly.
- Return Policy – If you need to return or exchange anything from your registry, Target makes it easy! You have up to one full year to make returns or exchanges.
- Accessibility – How easy will it be for your friends and family to use the Target registry? Pretty much effortless! With over 1,800 brick-and-mortar locations, plus free 2-hour pickup, it's hard to beat the convenience of a Target registry. And for those who prefer to shop online, shipping is free for any purchase of $35 or more.
Get started on your Target Baby Registry! Just visit one of their stores, or create your registry on Target.com.
ADD ITEMS FROM ANY STORE TO YOUR BABYLIST REGISTRY
There's a lesser-known but well-loved baby registry option called Babylist. And if you like supporting local businesses or want to stock up on handmade goods from sellers on Etsy, this might be your best bet. Here's what you should know about a Babylist registry:
- The Best Perks – Once you complete your registry, Babylist will send you a box full of products like bottles, wipes, pacifiers, and more. If you have items left on your registry 60 days before baby's arrival, you can take 15% off anything you'd like to buy for yourself. And this registry also lets you add non-product gift options, like dinner, dog-walking, and more. One more cool thing about Babylist? They compare prices. So, let's say you want to add a certain stroller to your registry. They'll tell you which store offers the best price on that item.
- Return Policy – Babylist gives you nine months to return unopened, unused items you purchased directly from their registry. If your item was listed on your Babylist registry but sold through a third party like Amazon or Walmart, then their return policies apply.
- Accessibility – Since Babylist is not a brick-and-mortar store, it may seem a bit confusing to friends and family who aren't tech-savvy, but since you can include items from literally thousands of different stores, there's a good chance everyone viewing your registry can find an item near them.
Ready to get started on a Babylist registry? Just head to their website!
GET A $40 WELCOME BOX WITH A WALMART BABY REGISTRY
Everyone has a Walmart within driving distance, right? It's hard to beat their prices on everyday items, and they're even starting to compete with Amazon by offering two-day free shipping on tons of items. But what about their baby registry? Here's what you should know:
- The Best Perks – Walmart offers price matching on all their registries, so if you find an item on your list for a better price somewhere else, just tell them. They also offer free shipping on registry items and send you a welcome box after creating your registry. While the box is only valued at $40, it includes practical things like nursing pads and baby-safe dryer sheets.
- Return Policy – Many items qualify for free returns for up to one year, but all items are eligible for return within 90 days. Walmart will give you a gift card for the value of the item.
- Accessibility – Considering almost everyone lives near a Walmart, it's hard to beat the accessibility. And since they offer free shipping, your shower guests or friends and family can shop online if they'd prefer.
Ready to sign up? You head to your nearest Walmart to start a registry or start your baby registry on Walmart.com.
SAVE UP TO $300 WITH AN AMAZON BABY REGISTRY
- The Best Perks – It goes without saying, but Amazon has everything. And that's true for baby products, too. If you want to add it to your registry, they have it! And once you complete your Amazon registry, you'll get a 10% completion discount (15% if you're a Prime member). You can use that discount to save BIG on your big-ticket items because those savings apply to purchases of up to $2,000.
- Return Policy – If you need to return a gift from your registry, you can, no questions asked. Just drop your item off at a UPS store or designated Amazon shipping partner (like Kohl's or Whole Foods) within 90-days, and you're all set. They pick up the shipping costs.
- Accessibility – With more than 270,000 baby products to choose from, it's hard to beat the selection the Amazon Baby Registry offers. And the fast, free shipping is hard to beat! Considering 82% of American households are Prime members, the ease and convenience are pretty much everything
Ready to start your Amazon registry? You can do it from your phone, tablet, or computer, so start clicking!
WHAT BABY REGISTRY TIPS DO YOU HAVE FOR FIRST-TIME MOMS?
Hopefully, this post helps make your registry decision a little bit easier. Our best piece of advice? Don't stress, mama. You've got this. Enjoy this special time!
What advice do you have for first-time mamas? Which registry did you use, and why did you love it? Drop your comments below, or stop by our Fun Cheap or Free Facebook page!
Looking for more baby-related content?
- Find out how much you should pay your babysitter and how to budget for childcare.
- Grab our FREE baby log so you can keep track of the baby's eating, sleeping, and diaper changes.
- Are you expecting twins? Congrats! Check out Jordan's list of must-have products for twins.
Ciao for now, mama!