Eating a good breakfast starts the day off right! Take your mornings from drab to delicious in less than 12 minutes with these quick breakfast ideas that will fill you up, give you energy, and get you out the door on time.
Stop nibbling your kids' breakfast leftovers or skipping the meal altogether. Yeah… We see you, mama! A good, healthy breakfast gives us the energy we need to tackle our to-do lists with a clear mind—and we allllll benefit from a clear mind!
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Eating a good breakfast makes a huge difference in both mood and productivity, for us and for our kids! However, getting a meal on the table in the chaos of the morning can be really, really HARD. Well, today we're sharing five quick breakfast ideas that take less than fifteen minutes to whip together so you can be well fed and out the door on time. Double win!
This post was originally contributed by Britney from Color My Happy! It's since been updated with even more quick breakfast ideas.
QUICK BREAKFAST IDEAS TO ROCK YOUR WORLD
These quick breakfast ideas are so delicious and so filling. Not only do our kids love them, but they're great for mom and dad, too!
BAGEL TOPPED WITH AN EGG SCRAMBLE
This is one of our favorite quick breakfast ideas. It’s easy, delicious, and keeps us full all the way until lunchtime.
- First, grab a bagel, slice it in half, and stick it in the toaster.
- While that toasts, scramble a quick egg and mix in your desired toppings. We typically use bacon crumbles and whatever veggies we have on hand (spinach, tomatoes, peppers, etc.). You can also use sausage, diced ham, cheese, add a dash of milk, onions, olives, diced potatoes, or whatever you want!
- Finally, top the bagel with butter or cream cheese, and throw the egg scramble on top!
Trust us…it’s so good! And it typically takes about seven minutes or so to make. Delicious!
FRIED EGG OVER TOAST
We LOVE fried eggs on toast! In fact, this is one of our favorite quick meals for any time of day. Those nights when all chaos has broken loose and we somehow end up forgetting to eat dinner ourselves? Yep, we've been there. Fried egg and toast it is! Here's how we do it:
- Stick the bread in the toaster, then get started on the egg.
- Spray the pan with olive oil spray, then set it to a medium-high heat.
- Once it’s had a chance to warm up a little, crack an egg right into the pan.
- While that cooks up, the toast is usually ready to butter. Add butter and jam (yes, jam with the fried egg is SOOOOO good. Strawberry is our favorite).
- When the top of the egg starts to bubble around the yolk, flip it and let it cook for about half the time it took on the first side. Plop it on top of the toast and enjoy!
Don't knock this one 'til you try it! 😉
Smoothies are one of the easiest of the quick breakfast ideas. Plus, they can be super healthy! All you need is produce, a liquid, and a blender, and BAM! Breakfast.
Make it even easier by making your own freezer smoothie packs! All you have to do is dump and press the button in the morning. So easy! Check out our post that has over 18 smoothie recipes to get your wheels spinning.
Our entire family loves these breakfast smoothies. Bonus: You can start the day with some green veggies, woot woot! You can also add chia seeds, oats, nut butter, flaxseeds, and liquid vitamins to add density and nutrition to your smoothies. Get creative and see what your family likes!
Pro Tip: Let your kids get involved and ask what they want in their smoothie. They’re more likely to try it if they feel like they have a say in it!
HASH BROWN PATTIES WITH FRIED EGG AND AVOCADO
Did you know you can buy those rectangular hash brown patties at the grocery store and simply pop them in the toaster? Trust us, this is a total game changer!
Pop a hash brown in the toaster, fry up an egg, and serve it with a couple slices of avocado and you’ve got a delicious, filling, and fairly healthy breakfast in about five minutes. Ta-da! This is sure to become one of your go-to quick breakfast ideas.
Okay, this one might take more than 12 minutes upfront, depending on your family size. But what makes French toast extra awesome is you can make it ahead of time and freeze it. Then, in the morning before work or school, simply pop the French toast in the toaster to reheat. Voila!
It’s seriously just as good as it is fresh! It’s slightly crispy but still soft, and oh so delicious! Check out our awesome crunchy French toast sticks recipe for a twist on the classic.
FRENCH TOAST TOPPING IDEAS
- Good old butter and syrup
- Banana slices
- Powdered sugar
- Nut butter
- Whipped cream
Pro Tip: Flash freeze your French toast on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper before throwing them in a freezer bag so they don’t get stuck together. Then you can easily pop out a piece or two as needed!
QUICK BREAKFAST IDEAS SAVE THE DAY
Don't let breakfast on a busy day intimidate you or get you down. These quick breakfast ideas will make having a hot and hearty breakfast with your family not only a possibility but a breeze! These breakfasts don’t take long to make, but they keep you fuller longer and give you the energy and brainpower you need to tackle your day!
What's your favorite quick breakfast? Let us know in the comments below!
Looking for more breakfast ideas?
- These make ahead freezer breakfast ideas are the best!
- Try out this buttermilk syrup recipe and you'll never go back.
- Sweet potato breakfast bowls are another healthy way to fill up in the mornings.
Have a toast-ally good day!