A few weeks ago I showed you Freebs my crazy “smoothie bags” on my Instagram stories…and you freaked a leak about them! I thought they were fairly uninteresting, but boy, was I wrong! My feed, messages, and comments blew up about them.
Freezer smoothie bags are such an easy way to get fresh, healthy, substantial smoothies made on a busy morning. Since these glorious little bags are perfect for the #Shelftember challenge we have running all month long, I made a super quick (literally. 2 minutes. you're crazy if you don't watch this…) video showing you how I do them! If you're new here, I upload new videos every Thursday to my YouTube channel. AAAaaaaaannnnd sometimes I pop in an extra video here and there, so be sure to subscribe and turn on your notification doohickey so you don't miss any of the party!
Now, onto the video!
See, told you that was quick!
Have you ever tried these? The “recipe” is so simple. Here's what I recommend:
- Fruits (whatever you have lying around, or fruit that's already frozen. This is a great way to use up fruit that is going soft or brown!)
- Bananas (always key in my opinion, mostly for texture. You can use frozen or fresh bananas.)
- Veggies (carrots and spinach are really what we use most)
- Additional vitamins or healthy elements (we also like to add some chia seeds along with the Emergen-C, but I ran out and didn't have any for this video)
- Add some fruit juice when blending it to make it more drinkable
SO EASY PEASY!
The combinations are endless.
Do you do this too? What do you like to put in your smoothies?