Smoothies are an easy and delicious way to get some healthy nutrition into your family! Throw some smoothie packs together when you have fruit or veggies that are getting soft and simply dump them into the blender when you're ready. Use these 19 healthy smoothie recipes to get you started!
Who wants to eat healthy? Who wants to eat something that tastes good? If you said yes to either of those, then welcome to your new happy place. 😉 Smoothies are so refreshing, are such a good way to eat some fruits and veggies, and they taste fantastic. Oh, and the best part? They're perfect for shelf cooking and using up what you've got!
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
You seriously can't go wrong with any flavor combinations. But, if you need a good place to start, then try out these 18 healthy smoothie recipes! Your taste buds are about to go to the next level with these bad boys. They're definitely one of our favorite make-ahead breakfasts because they're so easy to throw together! So, let's get started with…
HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN SMOOTHIE PACKS
We are alllllll about making frozen smoothie packs in our house. You literally dump the contents of the bag into your blender along with some liquid and you have a delicious smoothie in seconds. As I mentioned above, they are the best way to use up those foods that are going bad and you would otherwise throw out.
Soft, wilty fruits and veggies that seem gross will still taste just as good in a smoothie! As long as they don't have mold on them, you're good to go. The same goes for yogurt. If it's about to go bad and you won't be able to eat it, add it to your smoothie packs and it'll add some great flavor and nutrition to your smoothies. I even made a short and sweet video to show you just how easy it is!
See? Crazy easy. If you have foods that are going bad, mix and match them and see what your favorite combos are. You can also use these smoothie recipes below to prep your smoothie bags. You know that I'm a fan of anything that'll save me time and money in the long run!
OUR FAVORITE HEALTHY SMOOTHIE RECIPES
Alright, grab your favorite blender and let's get to work! These smoothies are going to make getting fruits and veggies into your system easy as pie. (And some taste like pie, too!) They're a great way to use up your frozen fruit that's been sitting in your freezer for a while. However, don't be afraid to use fresh fruit in these healthy smoothie recipes! You may just need to add extra ice at the end to get the desired thickness.
FRUIT SMOOTHIE RECIPES
There are so many combinations you can make to get a delicious smoothie! Try these healthy smoothie recipes out and see which one is your favorite. Using frozen fruit helps to make these perfect for any time of the year.
- Lemon Blueberry – If you love blueberry pie, then Running on Real Food has a delicious smoothie recipe for you!
- Strawberry Kiwi – This copycat Smoothie King recipe tastes exactly the same and is MUCH cheaper when you make it at home.
- Mixed Berry – The beauty of a mixed berry smoothie is you can basically use whatever berries you've got and it'll taste delicious!
- Mango – This one is for all the mango lovers out there!
- Piña Colada – Take this one to the beach! Or at least to your backyard and pretend that you're at the beach. 😉
- Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal – Yes, you can add oatmeal to your smoothies! This smoothie won't disappoint and it'll help to fuel you for longer.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana – Chocolate lovers, unite! Feel free to add even more cocoa powder to make this smoothie as chocolatey as you'd like.
- Blueberry Banana Coconut – Here's one that's so simple to throw together and so delicious!
- Raspberry Lemonade – If you love raspberry lemonade, then you are definitely going to want to try this smoothie! It tastes just like the drink, but you get all the health benefits of the delicious fruits and Greek yogurt!
- Watermelon Peach – Talk about hydration! This smoothie will help to beat the heat during those hot summer months.
Don't stop with these! Keep creating your own, using what you have, and see if you can come up with a new masterpiece.
GREEN SMOOTHIE RECIPES
Time to get those healthy greens into your system! Some of these may surprise you, but they're all crazy good. These smoothie recipes are the perfect solution to sneaking veggies into your family's diet without them having a clue!
- Kiwi Pineapple Spinach –The Suburban Soapbox has come up with one of the ultimate green smoothie recipes!
- Strawberry Avocado – This may sound strange, but you definitely want to give it a try! The avocado in this recipe makes it so smooth and creamy.
- Mango Peach Kale – This smoothie is super sweet and has a taste of honey to help top it off.
- Pineapple Mango Spinach – Bring the tropics home to you with this easy and delicious recipe!
- Pear Ginger Spinach – Here's one of our favorite fall smoothie recipes. Pears are ripe and ready to eat after all the summer fruits are gone, so it's a great way to use that fresh produce up!
- Apple Avocado – This smoothie has some flavor and we're not sorry about it!
- Pineapple Cucumber – Yes, cucumber in a smoothie sounds super weird… But so does spinach and we all know that tastes delicious! The next time you have an abundance of cucumbers, try this recipe out and see how you like it!
- Cherry Broccoli Avocado – Don't let the broccoli scare you away in this one! You can't taste it at all and this smoothie is jam-packed with fiber.
- Green Monster – Last, but certainly not least, we give you the cream of the crop, the crème de la crème, of all smoothies. This green monster smoothie is going to be your family's favorite!
If these aren't an easy and delicious way to get some fruits and veggies in your system, then we don't know what is!
Now that you've got 19 healthy smoothie recipes to try, the only question is which one are you going to try first? Let us know what your favorite is in the comments!
Have you checked out ShelfCooking.com yet? Our brand new site is dedicated to helping you cook delicious, nutritious and budget-friendly meals for your family without slaving away in the kitchen!
Basically every parent's dream, right? Join our Shelf Cooking Community today!
Looking for more great ideas?
- Fill your freezer with these easy freezer meals from our freezer eBook!
- Try out our easy and healthy smothered tilapia the next time you need a quick meal the whole family will love!
- In a meal-planning rut? We've got some great solutions for you!