Go all-out this year with these cheap and easy homemade Halloween decorations! Trust us, it doesn't have to cost a fortune to join in on the festivities. We'll show you exactly how to do it in a way that won't break the bank!
We LOVE a good Halloween decoration. In fact, it may be one of our favorite holidays! The only problem? Holiday decorations can be dang expensive, right? They can seriously add up quickly and before you know it, your budget is shot!
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Well, no more expensive holiday decorations… We have a better way! We'll show you how to use these homemade Halloween decorations to decorate to the nines for almost no cost at all. Let's do it!
HOMEMADE HALLOWEEN DECOR FOR OUTSIDE
Let the whole world know you're a Halloween nut like we are by decorating the outside of your home with these spooktastic homemade Halloween decorations! Whether you're into spooky or silly, there's something for you on this list!
- DIY Graveyard – This one requires zero crafting… hooray! Grab some cheap foam headstones from your local dollar store and set them up as your own front yard cemetery.
- Jack-O-Lantern Door – Give your door a spooky grin using simple construction paper and tape!
- Picket Ghost Family – Grab a few few fence pickets for a super cheap but awesome porch decoration. Cut your pickets into three lengths, keeping the dog ear at the top, and paint them white with ghost faces. Lean all three up against your house right by the front door for a special Halloween greeting. Feeling creative? Try other characters, too!
- Jack-O-Lantern Porch Light – This one is so fun and costs only $1! Grab one of those classic jack-o-lantern Halloween buckets and cut the handle off. Next, cut into the back of the bucket enough so the bucket will fit tightly over your wall-hung porch light. When the light is on, the bucket will light up, showing the jack-o-lantern!
- Yard Monsters – This one is sure to spook your neighbors the first time they see it! Grab some white and black poster board and cut out large circles to make eyeballs. Place them carefully in the bushes in your front yard to bring them to life! Just remember to bring them in if it rains.
- Trash Bag Spider Webs – These trash bag spider webs from Fast Forward Fun are too cute and cost nothing to make!
So cheap, so easy, and so, so cute. No one will ever doubt your love for Halloween again, friend!
INDOOR HALLOWEEN DECORATIONS
Get the Halloween spirit flowing in your home with these indoor Halloween decor ideas! These adorable homemade decorations are so cheap and easy to create and will last for years.
- BOO Letters – This craft is so cute, you won't believe how easy they are to make! Get the whole tutorial for this adorable homemade Halloween decoration in this post!
- DIY Mantle Pinwheel Garland – This pinwheel garland project took a little more time than we'd like to admit, but it has lasted us for several years making it totally worth it! Plus, it's just completely adorable.
- Tin Can Pumpkins – These adorable tin can pumpkins are the BEST way to recycle your empty food cans. Turn them into jack-o-lanterns or flip them upside down, add a stem, and make them pumpkins!
- Mummy Lanterns – Grab an empty mason jar, wrap it with gauze, glue two googly eyes on, and stick a battery-operated tea light inside. Ta-da!
- Halloween Ribbon Wreath – This Halloween ribbon wreath from Landeeseelandeedo is SO CUTE!
You'll go crazy for these fun and (almost) free Halloween decor ideas!
HALLOWEEN DECOR THE WHOLE FAMILY CAN MAKE
Get the whole family involved with these homemade Halloween decoration ideas. From edible haunted houses to painted eyeball rocks, there is something for everyone in the family to enjoy on this list!
- Chocolate Graham Cracker Haunted House – The kids will love these! Get the deets on how to make these cute edible haunted houses and more Halloween ideas in this post!
- Painted Pumpkins – Get a few mini pumpkins for cheap at the grocery store and let your kiddos paint away! Set them around the house or even in their rooms for a little Halloween fun. Take the fun up a notch for your older tweens and teens by having a pumpkin decorating contest!
- Construction Paper Bats – Have your kids trace and cut out bats from black construction paper. Lay them around on tables or hang them with a string and clothes pins!
- Orange and Black Garland – Make an easy and cheap garland chain with black and orange construction paper. Cut strips of each paper and turn them into circles, interlinking them into a chain! Hang it on the mantle or anywhere else around the house!
- Eyeball Rocks – These painted rocks are spook-tacular! Paint your rocks white and then paint single eye balls on each and hide them round the yard.
- Milk Jug Lanterns – Save those empty milk jugs and make some super cool ghostly lanterns! Draw faces on the jugs with a sharpie and drop in some battery operated string lights for fun lanterns for cheap!
What better way to bond over a holiday than to get crafty and creative together?! Make some of these homemade Halloween decorations together and show them off around the house! Not only will your house be festive, but you'll also boost their confidence and show them you're proud!
Let us know which ones you made by tagging us on social media on Facebook or Instagram!
Want more Halloween goodness that's fun, cheap, and free?!
- Throw a fun Halloween party on the cheap!
- Learn how we make easy homemade Halloween costumes!
- Plus, we have some great tips on where to find the best deals on Halloween candy!
Creep it real, friends!