EEEEEEEK…Can you feel it? Halloween is COMING! I've been a bit on survival mode with Bubba being gone for several months and my being reeeeeally pregnant (only 7 weeks to go! woo hoo!) so I haven't had two seconds to think about Halloween…until now. Don't you worry, I plan to bring you tons of fun, cheap, or free Halloween ideas to make your season spooky and bright. First up? Some adorable tin can pumpkins from my girls at Find it Make it Love it. This is the cutest Halloween craft ever, and is almost like a Mr. Potato Head activity (because you can mix and match the face pieces), but Halloween-style! Don't take my word for it, let the ladies at FIMILI show you how. Take it away, ladies!
Hey it's Mel and Steff from Find it, Make it, Love it! We love being guests on Fun, Cheap or Free and are so excited to share this fun Halloween activity that can absolutely double as a decoration…Tin Can Jack-O-Lanterns! Not only is it super fun mixing and matching pumpkin face pieces, but this little project is nearly free to make! Let's get started.
Here's what you need:
- #10 cans-these are the big ones commonly used for food storage.
- Orange spray paint
- Black card stock paper
- Magnet pieces
- Hot glue gun
Here's what you do:
- First, spray paint the cans orange.
- Then cut some Jack-O-Lantern faces out of card stock. We used my Silhouette cutting machine, but there are many templates online. Even free handing or tracing some face pieces would work well.
- Next, use a glue gun to glue small pieces of magnet onto the backs of each facial feature. We cut up magnets that are used for advertising (you know those magnets that are stuck to the front of phone books and such).
If you don't happen to hoard strange things, (like advertisement magnets) you can certainly grab some self adhesive magnet sheets from Walmart for about $2.
- Once a magnet is attached to the back of each face piece, it's time to play! Let the kids make Jack-o-lantern faces of all sorts! It's likely you'll want to make some of your own too ;).
We have had a great time mixing and matching the pieces! Wouldn't this be a great addition to a Halloween party?
Come on over to www.finditmakeitloveit.com to check out more easy Halloween ideas!