Hay, haaay, Freebs! Say hello to day number five! First of all, welcome back. You're in the home stretch now, so keep up the excellent work. Today we're going to address one of your most significant pain points and money wasters: food. Yep, you read that right! Hate leftovers? Not the best at using food from your fridge or pantry before it expires?
You are literally throwing money in the garbage when you throw out your food, and we're here to help. How, you ask? Ask, and you shall receive!
INVENTORY YOUR FRIDGE OR FREEZER AND MAKE A MEAL PLAN BASED ON WHAT YOU HAVE
We know, we know. Organization sounds boring. And cooking at home, well, who has time? We get that you're busy, but we promise this doesn't have to be complicated. If we can make this work with eight kids, two dogs, running multiple businesses, and getting in family time, then you can too! And it is worth it!
It's time to use those bell peppers you keep buying in bulk and then tossing. And that chicken that's in the freezer? Pull that out, too. Spend a few minutes jotting down everything you have, then come up with a plan to use it. Here are two posts that will help:
- Learn how to inventory your pantry, fridge, or freezer using our free inventory printable!
- Once you've got your inventory in hand, here's how to get started on a meal plan. It's really not as hard as you're thinking it is right now, promise!
You'll find that once you start using the food items you have in your fridge, freezer, and pantry, you'll really save some money on both your grocery budget and eating out.
You can do this! Ready, set, GO!
Tag us on social media with #PageCoChallenges so we can cheer you on!
Make sure you haven't missed a day of the challenge!
- Check out our challenge welcome page where you'll find a freebie that you don't wanna miss!
- Here's day one of the challenge!
- Here's day two of the challenge!
- Here's day three of the challenge!
- Here's day four of the challenge!
Exciting news! Rock your budget with the Budget Planner! Use the code SUMMER20 to save 20% off your Budget Planner and envelopes right now!
Ready to really get your budget on track? Sign up for Budget Boot Camp and get started today! Use the code SUMMER20 for 20% off at checkout.
You've got this! Happy planning!