Hay, haaay, Freebs! Welcome to day three of the 7-Day Budget Challenge! Are you ready for another fun task?
By the end of the day, you may have some extra money in your bank account. Wait, what?! Yep.
FIND 3 THINGS IN YOUR HOUSE TO SELL
Walk around your house for a few minutes and find three items you really don't need. Everybody has things lying around their house that they don’t need! So it's time to stop holding onto these things and sell them instead! Decluttering plus making money? Yes, please!
Round up at least three items and list them on Facebook Marketplace, Craiglist, Poshmark, or Nextdoor. Then, use the money you make to pay down some debt or put it into your savings account. You might be surprised how much you can make in just a few minutes! Here are a few examples of what you could sell:
- Furniture – Don’t worry about the condition. Many people will pay good money to get a quality piece of furniture they can flip. Even better, grab a little paint and turn it into something new yourself.
- Kitchen Appliances – Is your blender collecting dust? There’s probably someone who would gladly take it off of your hands!
- Clothes – Especially kids' clothes. People LOVE getting a good deal on clothes their kids will outgrow quickly.
- Toys – Good quality toys sell FAST!
- Pet Products – Did your dog outgrow its kennel? Sell it!
- Sports Equipment – Especially kids' equipment. They outgrow it so quickly! Am I right?!
- Your Time or Services – Okay, this one will take a little bit longer, but do you have extra time and need a side gig? Offer to iron, walk dogs, house sit, baby sit, clean, etc. There are people who are looking for what you have to offer!
We have a great post on how to sell your stuff online and in-store, so be sure to check that out for more tips!
LET YOUR BUDGET PLANNER HELP!
Remember the financial goals we set up yesterday? Put the money you make from selling the three items in your house towards those goals! Either put it towards your debt on the debt tracker pages or put it towards your savings goals on your savings goal tracker page. Every dollar adds up!
Ready, set, sell that stuff!
Tag us on social media with #PageCoChallenges so we can cheer you on!
Make sure you haven't missed a day of the challenge!
- Check out our challenge welcome page where you'll find a freebie that you don't wanna miss!
- Here's day one of the challenge!
- Here's day two of the challenge!
Exciting news! Rock your budget with the Budget Planner! Use the code SUMMER20 to save 20% off your Budget Planner and envelopes right now!
Ready to really get your budget on track? Sign up for Budget Boot Camp and get started today! Use the code SUMMER20 for 20% off at checkout.
Good luck and happy selling!