Today I'm going to teach you how to make some money… from HOME! We're living in crazy times but we're all in this together. The fact is, there are tons of ways to make money from home right now. And who couldn't use a little extra dough?
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Regardless of when you watch this, many of us are consistently looking for ways to make money from home. Whether it's to help pay the bills or to save a little extra money for a vacation or an emergency fund, a little money can go a long way! Some of these jobs may not make a ton, but they allow for flexibility and cut down on overhead costs.
Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel, we release new videos weekly! It's a party that you definitely don't want to miss out on. 😉
Click to watch online HERE, or keep scrolling to watch to learn about a dozen different ways to make money from home!
Welp! That was a fun video! As promised, here are all the details, plus a ton of extra info to help you figure out how YOU can bring home a little extra money.
TIPS FOR WORKING FROM HOME
I hate to burst your bubble but working from home is daaaang hard! I'm going to share some of my real-life tips for working from home.
CREATE A BLOCK SCHEDULE
If you've been reading, following on IG, or watching my videos for even a minute or two you know that I live and breathe by my block schedule. Set aside uninterrupted time to get your work done and train your family to start to respect that time.
See how we've adjusted our block schedule to accommodate the whole family being home during the madness that we're experience right now when we're all stuck at home.
UPDATE YOUR RESUME
Boost your resume! If you're just getting started, it may have been a while since you've been in the workplace. Take a minute and polish ‘er up!
Once updated, it's time to get that baby out there! Join groups, FB groups, submit application to websites, etc. You'll have to make an effort to get your name out and apply for jobs. They won't just come to you!
INVEST IN THE TOOLS YOU NEED
- Get good WiFi – Ain't nobody got time for slow internet connection, especially if you're working from home.
- Computer & Phone – You'll want to make sure you have a computer and phone that is up to date and can handle all the new apps and software you may need to use!
- Car – In some cases, you may even need to get your car tuned up and clean it out thoroughly.
At the end of the day, be smart and efficient. Take what you’re doing anyway, what you’re good at, what you enjoy, what you know how to do…and see if there is a way to make money doing it! We've got a whole other post that goes into HUGE detail about how to make extra money from home by capitalizing on YOUR TALENTS!
Alright. Now let's make some money!
WAYS TO MAKE MONEY FROM HOME
Keep in mind that this is not a comprehensive list! There are so many ways to make money from home. Get creative to figure out what works best for you. That being said, here are some tried and true ways to make money. Let's get started!
Tutoring from home is a good gig! You don't even have to wear pants! There are so many different ways to tutor from home, however, one company I totally recommend is VIPKid! It's a for sure, solid way to make money from home. I have a lot of friends who do this and love it! Here are some of the benefits and details:
- Flexibility in teaching time. VIPKid offers flexibility for teachers to open time slots at their convenience, and teachers are able to decide whenever it is convenient for them to teach.
- Flexibility in teaching location. VIPKid offers flexibility regarding teaching location and teachers are able to teach from wherever as long, as the location is covered by high-speed Wi-Fi.
- Payment. Teachers are able to earn service payments, which are the equivalent of $15 to $22 per hour, and the rate of payment is negotiated and agreed upon at the screening stage.
In order to be eligible to be a teacher on VIPKid platform you must hold a bachelor’s degree, have at least two years experience working with children, and eligibility to work in the United States or Canada.
Keep in mind, there are other ways to tutor! Did you love math? Tutor high school kids in math. Were you an expert at taking tests? Prep students to rock their exams. Have another skill? Consider giving virtual lessons. This could be a range of things from piano to sewing to a different language, etc.
There are so many websites where you an put your services online. You post what you're willing to provide and your rate and people who need you will reach out to you and hire you!
Want more details about these? Check out this post all about apps you can use to earn money!
Truth be told, I hire virtually all the time! There are tons of businesses, bloggers, etc. out there looking for someone to manage their social media or do other online virtual assistant-y type stuff.
Start asking around, join FB groups, put a resume out there that is super specific and very braggy about all your skills and get it out there!!
We have a post that goes into more detail about how to start an online side hustle as a virtual assistant, blogging, doing freelance work and more! It's got some great details that may help you!
There are some travel agent type jobs you can do from home. Or you can get creative about it! Here are a few options:
- Air BnB – Rent your home while you're out of town or rent a single room if you have one available.
- Turo – Allows you to rent your car out for a day.
- Neighbor – Rent space in/around your home for other people to store stuff.
WORK FROM YOUR CAR
There are a bunch of apps that allow you to make money from your car. Say what!? I seriously love some of these ideas and use them regularly… from the consumer side!
- Driveshare – Like to drive? Got a long commute? Use apps like Uber or Lyft to pick up and drop off others and make some real money!
- Delivery – InstaCart and Amazon Flex are just two grocery delivery service apps.
- Food delivery – This is a BIG one these days! GrubHub and Door Dash are just two apps that allow you to pick up and drop off food.
We have a post filled with tons of apps you can use to earn money! Check out these details to get started.
HOW TO MAKE EXTRA MONEY FROM HOME FAST!
Sell stuff. Do not discount this! Bubba is the master at selling stuff. Get rid of what you don't need and others may find value in and sell these items on classifieds or FB marketplace.
If your paycheck isn't enough, there are things you can do! Don't give up hope. Check out this post for a few more ideas on what you can do to maybe even make more money in your current job, starting a side hustle, or even starting your OWN business!
Well, that's a wrap on this super long, but hopefully helpful post on how to make money from home. Any of these ideas sound like they might work for you? Did we miss something that might help others make money from home?? Let us know in the comments!
Want some more great ideas?!
- Help your tweens and teens zero in on their skills, learn something new, or even find ways to make money with these great boredom busters!
- Get some great tips on how to have your kids help out cleaning the house using kid-friendly products!
- We've got 10 ways for your kids to make money, too!
We know it's tough out there, you guys! Stay positive! We'll get through this!