Hay, haaay, Freebs! Day one of the 7-Day Budget Challenge is officially under your belt. How are you feeling?! We hope you're excited to keep learning because we have so much more in store. Welcome to day two!
Today we're going to ask you to make one small sacrifice that could pay off BIG time in the long run…
SKIP THE DRIVE-THRU AND COOK AT HOME
We know, we know. Those dang waffle fries are so good, but you don't need them! Just say NO twice to eating out and make something at home instead.
You could seriously go to Europe if you were to skip all restaurants, take-out, and drive-thru windows and put that saved money towards your vacation fund. Here are just two examples of how you can really save big:
- Skip the $5 soda or coffee run every day and save $1,825 per year instead!
- Skip a $20 drive thru run only THREE times per week and you'll add another $3,120 to your savings!
Instead, figure out how to make your favorite copycats at home, repurpose leftovers, and use the food you already have! That's how you'll end up saving money in the long run.
Disclaimer: we know not everyone spends this amount of money weekly on outside food and drinks. If that’s you, then GREAT! But we also hear that no one wants to eat at home every day… That’s okay, too. The issue isn’t spending your money at restaurants; it's using the drive-thru or restaurants as a backup when you don't have a fully crafted plan.
MAKE YOUR OWN COPYCAT RECIPES AT HOME!
We can even help you satisfy those fast food cravings, so check out these copycat recipes:
- Copycat Chick-fil-A Chicken Nuggets – Try our famous copycat nugget recipe. We've got the recipe for the famous Chick-fil-A sauce, too!
- Cafe Rio Copycat Recipes – Try this sweet pork bowl recipe, and don't forget the cilantro lime rice!
- 16 of the Best Copycat Recipes – We rounded up our favorite copycat recipes and put them all in one place for you!
- Starbucks Copycat Recipes – Just trust us and try these recipes!
Need a little extra help? Here are 100+ dinner ideas and tons of meal planning tips.
HOW THE BUDGET PLANNER CAN HELP
Use the financial goals section to help you dream big and decide what you want your money to do for you! The financial goals you set are what will help you skip those seemingly small $5-10 dollar purchases that really add up in the long run!
Ready, set, COOK! You've got this!
Tag us on social media with #PageCoChallenges so we can cheer you on!
Make sure you haven't missed a day of the challenge!
- Check out our challenge welcome page where you'll find a freebie that you don't wanna miss!
- Here's day one of the challenge!
Exciting news! Rock your budget with the Budget Planner! Use the code SUMMER20 to save 20% off your Budget Planner and envelopes right now!
Ready to really get your budget on track? Sign up for Budget Boot Camp and get started today! Use the code SUMMER20 for 20% off at checkout.