Whether you're on a spending freeze or just looking for ways to use up all that chicken in your freezer, these restaurant copycat recipes are exactly what you need! So, put down your phone (unless you're using it to read this), and just say “no” to takeout. These recipes will help you save a ton of cash!
Whether you're craving Red Robin, Olive Garden, Chik-fil-A, or Cafe Rio, you're going to love the recipes we're about to share. We may have even found a Dole Whip copycat recipe for you. 👀 What can we say? We love our Freebs!
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Do yourself a favor and try going one week without a single meal (or treat) from a restaurant. (Spoiler alert: if you do, you'll save some serious cash!) With these copycat recipes in your back pocket, you have no excuse to order takeout. Get ready to wow the fam…here we go!
COPYCAT DRINK & TREAT RECIPES
We won't lie. We like hitting up the drive-through window for a refreshing treat now and then. But doing it every day? Well, our frugal hearts just can't stand it! So, here are a few of our favorite copycat beverage and treat recipes:
- Starbucks Fall Drinks – We get it. It's hard saying no to those pumpkin drinks! But if you've got caramel sauce, whipped cream, cinnamon, and some pumpkin puree handy, you can make about five drinks for the price of one at Starbucks! A good frother will help you take your Starbucks copycat drinks to the next level!
- Swig Raspberry Dream – If you don't live in Utah, you might know about the magical deliciousness that we call Swig. This soda shop has it all, and lucky for you, we uncovered a copycat recipe for Swig's Raspberry Dream drink.
- Dole Whip – We know Disney isn't technically a restaurant, but when we stumbled upon this copycat Dole Whip recipe from BellyFull, we had to share it!
It's taking everything in us to stop from running for the blender, but we've got SO much more to share! Let's keep going, eh? Next up: sauces!
RESTAURANT COPYCAT SAUCES
It's time to get saucy! We got our hands on two of America's favorite sauce recipes (well, the copycat versions!), and we think they're just as good as the originals. And the best news? They're so fast and easy to make! Here you go:
- Red Robin Campfire Sauce – If you know, you know! This fry sauce is pretty much the best ever. (Was it cheugy of us to say that?! Oops!) Grab our Copycat Red Robin Campfire Sauce recipe courtesy of our sister site, Shelf Cooking.
- Chick-fil-A Sauce – Yes, we know Walmart sells a knockoff version! But we have to be honest; this copycat Chick-fil-A sauce recipe is better. And since we bet you already have all the ingredients anyway, why not take two minutes to make a quick batch? You'll save some major money this way!
Ready to move on to a few side dishes we think you'll love? Let's bring the restaurant home!
We promise these side dishes taste just as good as their restaurant-inspired sidekicks. You can thank us later! Here are three copycat sides you should try:
- Restaurant-Style Mexican Rice – Taco night is one of the cheapest, easiest meal ideas! Take it to the next level with this restaurant-style Mexican rice recipe.
- Cafe Rio Cilantro Lime Rice – If you've ever been to Cafe Rio, you know how delicious their legendary rice is! Make it at home with this copycat cilantro lime rice recipe!
- Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits – We've never met a person who doesn't love the biscuits from Red Lobster. Yes, you can buy them from the freezer section, but you can also make them yourself for way less money! This copycat Red Lobster biscuit recipe from Kimspired DIY is making us hungry.
Drumroll, please! We hope you're ready for what's coming next because these main dish copycat recipes are giving us life.
YOUR FAVORITE MAIN DISH COPYCAT RECIPES
Okay, we saved the best for last! Let's talk about dinnnnerrr…dinner time! Well, copycat dinner recipes, that is! Here are some of our faves:
- Brio Sliced Steak Salad – Before you turn your nose up at a salad, try this copycat Brio sliced steak salad. We dream about it, you guys!
- Copycat Chick-fil-A Nuggets – Need we say more? No more Sunday cravings for you! This copycat Chick-fil-A nuggets recipe is here to save the day.
- Red Robin BBQ Chicken Wrap – If you're thinking, who goes to Red Robin and doesn't get a burger, then you've obviously never tried this copycat Red Robin BBQ Chicken Wrap!
- Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup – You'll want to lick the bowl when you finish eating this chicken gnocchi soup!
- Cafe Rio Sweet Pork Bowl – We've got another copycat Cafe Rio recipe for ya! Yes, we love them that much. This Cafe Rio sweet pork recipe cooks in the crockpot, so it doesn't get much easier.
- Copycat Zuppa Toscana – We've got one more Olive Garden copycat recipe for you, too! This zuppa toscana is a TREAT.
- Breakfast Egg Sandwiches – You know those drive-through breakfast sandwiches that taste SO good? The ones on the English muffin. Well, you can whip up a huge batch to keep in the freezer! They're crazy cheap and easy. Grab our egg sandwich recipe from Shelf Cooking.
- Chipotle Barbacoa – Break out the crockpot for this easy copycat version of Chipotle's barbacoa beef. Shoutout to The Magical Slow Cooker for this goodness!
Can you even?! We can't wait for you to try these.
DO YOU HAVE A FAVORITE COPYCAT RECIPE TO SHARE
We hope you love all these copycat recipes as much as we do! We predict your bank account and your tastebuds will thank you for making these dishes.
Do you have a go-to copycat recipe? Share it in the comments below!
Are you looking for a few more easy recipes to try?
- These quick and easy donut holes are just as tasty as they are cute!
- Learn how to make bread with this easy peasy recipe.
- Our chocolate covered strawberry recipe makes the perfect gift!
Simon says, go try these recipes!