Farkle is a favorite family game of ours. It’s simple to play, you only need 6 dice and paper to keep score, all ages can play, anywhere from 2 people to a huge group can play, and it’s really really fun!
I went to Ebay.com and ordered 400 dice (there was an option for 200 but the 400 box wasn’t that much more…so I figured I’d use the extras for a travel Yahzee game for next year! *spoiler alert* :)). I liked the multi colors.
One thing that impressed me this year is that I wasn’t the only one trying to think outside the box in terms of doing creative, non-baked neighbor gifts this year. We were blown away by the cute, creative gifts we got!
Here are some cute, creative neighbor gifts:
- A jar of homemade salsa and bag of tortilla chips.
- A christmas ornament.
- A bottle of Martinelli’s Sparkling Cider wrapped in ribbon (perfect for New Year’s!):
- A box of pasta with the note, “We hope your New Year is filled with endless PASTAbilities”.
- Homemade caramels.
- Homemade fudge.
- A box of tissues from our favorite local college football team:
- An adorable, small ceramic Santa candy jar filled with red and green M&M’s.
- A Christmas book.
- A home-made CD of their family’s favorite Christmas songs.
- A small bottle of Mexican vanilla with the note “The ___ family makes the holidays more flavorful!” (I think they bought a BIG container and poured it into smaller ones.)
- A mini tree-topper angel.
- A 2-liter of Sprite with a ribbon around it, with the note “May your days be merry and SPRITE”.
- Reusable canvas shopping bag with our family’s monogram stenciled on it.
- My friend Lauralee shared this cute idea with me. Her neighbor printed off special Christmas “Don’t Eat Pete” game pages, and her boys LOVED it!
Oh, and just a reminder…