If you follow us on social media, then you might have noticed that we love games. Like, LOVE them. Well, in the spirit of the season, today we’re going to share some of our all-time-favorite FUN Christmas games!
The Holidays are the PERFECT time to throw a family game night. Whether in a formal party setting with family or friends or at home like we do, to get in the Christmas Spirit, playing games together really does give you all the feels. Our tradition is to get out all the decorations, put on jammies, then play games until our sides hurt.
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
No matter how you do game night, we’ve got TONS of ideas we think you’ll love. This post is sure to bring smiles and laughs, from games for the littles to adults, and even ideas to include friends and family from afar. Get excited! ‘Tis the season for games!
STEP ONE: GET MATCHING CHRISTMAS JAMMIES!
Maybe it’s just us, but we think game night is WAY more fun in a cozy pair of jammies. And matching Christmas jammies? Well, they're the best! Here are a few brands we love:
- Hanna Anderson – These organic cotton pajamas are so soft and dreamy! Can you even handle the cuteness of these matching family jammies?!
- Children's Place – Prefer to go with solid jammies for the grownups and matching prints for the kiddos? Children’s Place has some adorable Christmas jammies for kids!
- Old Navy – Get affordable matching pajama sets for the whole family at Old Navy!
- Osh Kosh/Carters –We’re obsessed with baby and toddler pajamas from Osh Kosh & Carters. The footies, you guys! Too cute.
- Amazon – It might seem like a “duh” suggestion, but Amazon has SO many sets of matching Christmas pajamas!
- Target – Target never disappoints during the holidays, and their Christmas jammies are jamming!
- Wal-Mart – Last but not least, while you’re stocking up on groceries for that family feast, why not pick up some festive pajamas?
Forward this post to any moms or grandmas out there who buy jammies for Christmas. They will thank you later. Now…onto the games!
FAMILY-FRIENDLY FUN CHRISTMAS GAMES
Gather around the fire in those matching jammies and play one of these family Christmas party games:
- Apples to Apples – This crazy game of comparisons is sure to make everyone laugh, and it’s fun for up to 10 players, so big families can rejoice!
- Pie Face – It’s exactly what it sounds like! Buy Pie in the Face at Target or on Amazon and don’t forget the whipped cream!
- Speak Out – Put the hilarious mouth pieces in your mouth (tip: brush your teeth first. Your family will thank you.), then take turns reading phrases off of cards that just so happen to be ridiculously hard to understand without the use of lips. Our kids love it! Buy Speak out on Amazon, or Target. The game Watch Yo' Mouth is very similar and super fun as well.
- Bean Boozled – Okay, jelly bean lovers! The Bean Boozled game has a fun twist. Pass the jelly beans around, but here’s the catch. You don’t know what you’re getting until you take a bite. It could be rotten egg-flavored or it could be coconut-flavored. Your kids will love this!
- DIY Guess Who – You know the classic game Guess Who? Make your own version using family photos! Everyone will get a kick out of it.
- Family Feud – We can’t think of anything more fun than a friendly round of Family Feud! The Amazon version even includes a buzzer.
- Uno – This game will never go out of style! Uno is perfect to play with the family and easy enough for the little ones to join in the fun.
Looking for something to keep the kiddos entertained while you cook or wrap presents? Keep reading!
CHRISTMAS GAMES FOR KIDS
These fun holiday games are easy enough for the kids to enjoy on their own:
- Don’t Eat Pete – This game is an oldie but a goodie, and even the youngest kiddos can get in on the action. Put 1 piece of candy or cereal on each picture on the Don't Eat Pete printable picture sheet. Have one player close their eyes. Have another player choose a picture on the sheet pointing to it quietly, making sure everyone else sees. Player #1 opens their eyes, then picks up one piece of candy off the printable picture sheet at a time. They are trying to avoid the picture player #2 chose. If they pick up the candy on the picture player #2 chose, everyone yells “don't eat Pete!” Player #1 gets to keep the candy. Simplest game ever and there's no “winner”, just free candy, so our kids LOVE IT!
- Reindeer Antler Toss – This inflatable reindeer game is just good, clean (and cheap) fun.
- Pin the Nose on the Reindeer – Like pin the tail on the donkey, but much more festive! Amazon sells Pin the Nose on the Reindeer for under $10!
- Holiday Mad Libs – These Christmas Mad Libs make great stocking stuffers, too!
- Christmas Movie Bingo – Fire up your favorite G-rated Christmas movies and make your own bingo cards to make a game out of the viewing party.
If you make a Christmas movie bingo card, please tag us on social media, okay?
FUN CHRISTMAS GAMES FOR ADULTS
Alright, wondering what the grownups can play after the kids are in bed? These Christmas games for adults are the BEST:
- The Bowl Game – Have you tried the bowl game yet? Trust us. You’ll love it!
- Scattergories – If you’ve got teens, they can play this one, too! You roll the dice each round to see what your letter is. Then you go down a list of categories and think of as many items as you can that start with that letter. Hurry! You only get 90 seconds, and if someone else comes up with the same item as you, you won’t get any points. Creativity counts!
- White Elephant Gift Exchange – Have everyone bring a generic wrapped gift that’s $10 or less. For extra fun, pick a whacky theme. Draw numbers to see who picks a gift first, then go to town!
- Heads Up – Heads Up is one of our favorites! It's charades in digital form, and it’s a BLAST! We love playing it. Download Heads Up HERE for iPhones and HERE for Androids.
- Gift Wrapping Competition – Break the group out into teams of two. See how many gifts each team can wrap in 5 minutes. The catch? Each team member can only use one hand!
- Christmas Emoji Game – How CUTE is this free printable from Play Party Plan?! See how many Christmas movie titles you can guess based on emojis only!
When in doubt, the classics like Clue, Monopoly, or Yahtzee are always tons of fun, too!
FUN CHRISTMAS GAMES FOR LONG-DISTANCE FRIENDS & FAMILY
Do you have any out-of-town family that can’t make it this year? You can still include them with one of these virtual games:
- Name That Tune, Holiday Edition – You remember this one, right? Divide your virtual crew into two teams and take turns guessing holiday tunes. Just play the first two or three seconds to make it extra challenging!
- Christmas Scavenger Hunt – Come up with a list of 10-20 items, then set a timer for 5 minutes and see who can find the most loot. Examples of items to find: a DVD of It’s a Wonderful Life, green wrapping paper, a silver bow, etc.
- Gingerbread Decorating Contest – Fire up Zoom and decorate Gingerbread houses together! Make sure you have some festive tunes on in the background.
- Virtual Bingo – My Free Bingo Cards can help you create virtual bingo cards, well, for free! You can invite up to 75 players, so the whole family can get in on the action.
- Chubby Elf – Grab some marshmallows and divide your crew into two teams. Each person will get a turn to recite the plot of a Christmas story, but they have to do it with a mouth full of marshmallows. Then, their teammates have to figure out what they’re saying and guess the story. The team that correctly guesses the most stories wins!
So fun, right?! Thanks to technology, you can include your friends and family from all around the world in your fun Christmas games, so don’t forget to fire up the laptop or tablet and make some memories.
WHICH GAMES WILL YOU PLAY THIS CHRISTMAS?
Now that you know about a few of our favorite games, we’d love to hear about yours!
Does your family play games together around the holidays? Which one is your favorite? Please let us know in the comments!
Looking for some snacks that are perfect for game night?
- Make a quick batch of this fun and yummy party punch!
- Try this festive cranberry cream cheese dip.
- Whip up some homemade salsa and start dipping!