Showing love to your partner doesn't have to be done through grand gestures. It can be both simple and affordable to let your loved on know just what they mean to you. Try these 12 simple ways to show love to your love and watch your relationship be transformed!
Looking for more ways to show love to your partner? We've got you covered! From grand gestures with candles and the works to a simple post-it note, there's an idea for every day of the week!
Whether you have ten seconds to spare or ten minutes, these simple ways to show love can fit into any lifestyle or schedule. No matter your love language, these twelve ways to show love are sure to make your partner smile and your relationship thrive! Now, let's get to it!
QUCIK AND EASY WAYS TO SHOW LOVE
These ways to show love are both quick and easy, only taking a few seconds of your day. Really, there's no excuse not to give one of these a try!
- Leave a Note – Leave an “I Love You” note where your partner will find it—but make sure you say why you love them. It can even be on a post-it!
- Text Message – A simple text letting someone know you're thinking of them is a great way to show love.
- A Quick Kiss – Whether it's a kiss for your kids or your spouse, make sure you give them your full attention and make eye contact! Even a quick kiss on the cheek can mean so much when it's done with intention.
- Hold Hands – When you're riding in the car together, when you're walking into a restaurant, and any other time you get the chance! Even if it's only for a few seconds, the physical interaction keep you feeling connected and loved.
These quick ways of showing love are easy to work into your daily routine. With practice, these will become habit and second nature!
SIMPLE THINGS YOU CAN DO DAILY
These ways to show love every day take almost no effort but make a big impact. Try them and see how your relationship is affected!
- Give Your Attention – When talking, or even when you get home at the end of the day, stop everything for a few seconds and soften your voice. This will help show your love that they have you attention.
- Flash a Smile – Tell them how happy you are when you see them—and smile! Don’t be afraid to give a little cheer when they come in the door, no matter how late they may be, or how irritated or tired you might be. If we do that consistently, then coming home becomes a relief, a safe haven, and something our partner looks forward to!
- Compliment Them – Tell them how great they look or how much you love the way they think. Do it often!
- Simply Listen – Take an interest in what your partner cares about, even if only for a moment. Even if you aren't interested in what they are telling you about, it's important that you give your attention. Showing interest in what they care about shows how much you care.
Remember, generally, as you make an effort to show love to your partner through these everyday intentional moments, your partner will likely notice and reciprocate!
MORE LITTLE WAYS TO SHOW LOVE
Looking for even more ways to show love to your special someone? Try one (or all) of these!
- PDA is Your Friend – Okay… not crazy, make everyone uncomfortable PDA. We're talking a quick kiss in public or an affectionate hug. Of course, holding hands falls into this category too! Declaring your love for each other in public by one of these small gestures can be a powerful way to show someone how much you care!
- Act of Service – Perform a small act of unexpected service to help your partner: iron a shirt, pack a breakfast, run an errand, or take a burden off your partner that they normally expect to carry.
- Candlelight Dinner – Light some candles after the kids are in bed for a candlelight dinner! Put the phones away and give each other your undivided attention.
- Reminisce – Go for a walk down memory lane! Remember what life was like when you were dating and before kids came along.
Showing love to your love doesn't have to be by some grand-scale declaration. Sure, those are nice, but what really matters more than anything is the small, seemingly insignificant daily interactions and moments. Those are the moments that mean the most to us when all is said and done!
How do you intentionally show love to your special someone? Tell us in the comments below!
Want more great relationship tips and tricks?
- We've got a whole other post of ways to show love in love your spouse's love language that you've gotta check out. So many great ideas!
- Want to get more active with your spouse? Try one of these active date night ideas!
- Looking for free date night ideas? Check out this list!
- Make the night special with this sexy makeup tutorial!
Hey there just wanted to give you a brief heads up
and let you know a few of the images aren’t loading properly.
I’m not sure why but I think its a linking issue.
I’ve tried it in two different browsers and both show the same results.
Thanks so much for the info! It’s my hosting company, they contacted me about some issues. I’ll look into it again!