Take a break from the same old date ideas and get your bodies moving! Sure, dinner and a movie is great, but these 42 active date ideas are sure to get your heart racing for each other—in a good way!!
Are you looking for a way to kick date-night up a notch? Connect with your sweetie by getting active with one of these fun date night ideas! Not only will you benefit from bonding with your boo, you'll reap the physical health rewards, too!
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Moving your body increases blood flow, nourishing your skin and oxygenating your body. Aside from the cardiovascular benefits, getting your heart rate up improves brain function as well! Getting moving with your honey is LITERALLY good for your health!! Can you think of a better excuse to try one of these fun active date nights together!?
OUTDOOR DAY DATE IDEAS
Love getting back to the great outdoors? These adventurous date ideas will keep you unplugged, get that adrenaline flowing and guarantee a great time! Grab your lover and try one today!
- Go Fishing
- Take a Hike Together
- Go Rock Climbing
- Rent Bikes and Take a Ride
- Walk Through a Park Hand-in-Hand
- Go Kayaking on a Lake or River
- Try Your Hand at Archery
- Swim at a Local Pool or Lake
- Go Sledding or Tubing
- Fly Kites at a Local Park or Field
- Visit an Orchard and Pick Your Own Produce
We just know you'll be begging for more adventure after trying one of these date ideas. Make it a weekly or a monthly habit to get out into nature with your significant other and explore your wild sides!
DATE IDEAS OUT ON THE TOWN
Not much of a nature person?? That's okay! We've got some great active date ideas for a fun night on the town. Choose one or maybe even a few—make it a day-long event!
- Visit an Amusement Park and Ride the Rollercoasters
- Go Bowling
- Find a Local Indoor Rink and Ice Skate
- Play a Friendly Game of Putt-Putt
- Go on a Scavenger Hunt at the Park
- Visit an Escape Room
- Explore a Neighboring City's Downtown
- Go Dancing at a Music Hall
- Volunteer to Pick up Trash Together
Whatever you choose to do, make it a point to focus on each other and just have fun!
HIGH INTENSITY DATE IDEAS
Looking for a fun date idea to reaaaally up the ante and break a sweat!? We've got you covered!
- Visit the Batting Cages
- Enjoy an Evening at Top Golf
- Play Tennis Together
- Hit the Gym Together and Really Break a Sweat
- Take Ballroom Dance Lessons
- Play Disc Golf
- Join a Color Run Race and Run Together
- Sign up for a Kickboxing Class
These activities are a great way to really get your heart pumping and release those feel-good endorphins! Remember to leave your competitive side at home… it's a date after all!!
ACTIVE DATES FOR THE ANIMAL LOVERS
Okay animal lovers, we aren't leaving you out of this!! If you and your honey are the type who swoon at the sight of something furry, these active date ideas are perfect for you. Nothing like bonding over a common interest!
- Try Yoga—With GOATS
- Take a Trip to the Aquarium
- Go Horseback Riding
- Volunteer to Play with Shelter Pets for a few Hours
- Take a Trip to an Exotic Animal Wildlife Park
- Walk your Dogs Together
- Explore a Zoo
Many of these ideas may seem great for the entire family, but make it a point to leave the kiddos at home! Don't worry, there will be plenty of time to include the family—but for now, it's all about you and your babe! Go ahead, soak it in!!
AT HOME ACTIVE DATE IDEAS
You don't even have to leave your home to have a great date full of physical activity! (No… we aren't talking about that kind of activity. ;)) Check out these ideas for an awesome date right in your own backyard!
- Play Croquet
- Plant a Garden Together
- Break out the Bocce Ball Set
- Try a Zumba Dance Video Together
- Work Out Together
- Bust out the Interactive Game Console and get Playing
- Play Yard Games Like Giant Yahtzee or Jenga
You get a date night bonus if you work together preparing for the date activity. Preparing a garden area, setting up croquet, building your own giant dice for yard Yahtzee—take advantage of every chance you get to work together!
You see… date nights don't have to be stuck in the dinner and movie box anymore!! It's time to step outside your comfort zone and make some special and unique memories. Now, throw on some sneakers and athletic-leisure clothes and get active together!
What is your favorite date idea to get your heart pumping and have a blast!? Let us know in the comments below!
Check out these other helpful posts, too!