Welp…sorry, but brace yourself for another beauty post! I don't usually post so frequently about beauty and makeup. But I recently got some big gift cards to Sephora and Ulta (thank you Ebates!), and I've had so much fun trying new looks and products. Y'all have been asking about the products I've been using to create these looks, so I thought I'd do a tutorial for you, just in time for Valentine's Day!
Today I'll show you how I do what I call my “subtle, golden smokey eye”, which is perfect for your hot Valentine's Day date.
Usually for my makeup looks I use mostly drugstore products (because I feel like there are some incredibly quality ones!) that only takes me about 5 minutes (or even 3 minutes!). For this smokey eye look I use pretty much all name-brand products that you would need to buy from Sephora and Ulta, vs the grocery store. It also has more steps, but is SUCH a gorgeous look. This is the type of makeup I'd do for a TV segment, and of course, date night. Every product I use in this tutorial is worth the money in my book, and is a perfect treat to save up for or ask for Christmas or birthday. However, you could certainly find similar colors and recreate the look using products that you already have! However you do it, I hope you give it a try and enjoy ;).
Watch the video online or click and watch below:
Not too scary, right??
Here are the products I used to get this look:
Don't buy until you sign up for Ebates first, gives you 2x cash back from Feb 8-14!!
- Ka-Brow eyebrow gel (Ulta – Sephora)
- Rimmel BB cream (Ulta – Target). I used Radiance but would also recommend Matte.
- Maybelline Color Tatoo cream eyeshadow in Creamy Beige (Ulta – Target)
- Sephora #19 tapered crease brush
- Tarteist PRO Amazonian Clay Palette (Ulta – Sephora)
- Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette (Ulta – Sephora)
- NYC HD eyeliner
- Revlon eyelash curler
- Too Faced Better Than Sex waterproof mascara (Ulta – Sephora)
- Bobbi Brown concealer set, in warm ivory and pale yellow
- Mineral makeup
- Becca blush set with Songbird, Snapdragon, and Wisteria (Could only find it on Amazon! Maybe it was only a special for the holidays??)
- Tarteist PRO Glow Highlight & Contour Palette (Ulta – Sephora)
- Kiss false eyelashes
- Ardell Duo lashes glue (Ulta – Sephora – Target)
- Urban Decay lip liner in Ladyflower (Ulta – Sephora)
- Too Faced lipstick “Mean Girls” pink (Ulta – Sephora)
- Rimmel lip liner in Tiramisu (Ulta)
- Too Faced lip cream in Naked Dolly (Ulta – Sephora)
- Real Techniques brushes (Ulta – Target)
Like I said, these are splurge items. I didn't buy them all at once, I've been collecting these things slowly over time as Ebates has cash back specials, as I get gift cards, and as gifts for holidays and my birthday. Start small or find copycat colors in the brands you love.
Reminder to sign up for Ebates if you shop online! It costs you nothing, so you'd be crazy not to. Plus, use THIS LINK and get $10 free when you spend your first $25 online!
$10 free? um…twist my arm.
Some of my favs to shop are Sephora, ULTA, Nordstrom, Macy’s, Target, Bed Bath and Beyond, The Children’s Place,Groupon and 2000+ others offer Cash Back as well! And both Sephora AND ULTA are Double Cash Back for a limited time this week only!
Luxury Week Double Cash Back deals at Ebates (Feb 8-14, 2017):
– ULTA – was 3%, now get 6% Cash Back
-Sephora – was 4%, now get 8% Cash Back
-Kiehl’s – was 4%, now get 8% Cash Back
-Bobbi Brown – was 4%, now get 8% Cash Back
What are your plans for V-day? Bubba is surprising me and I'm so excited! Hope you all have a fabulous day of L-O-V-E!