It is CRUCIAL to celebrate success and reward yourself when you hit your goals! Stay motivated by making a plan to treat yourself once you've reached your goal! Whether it's just for YOU or for the whole family!
“Clothes—treat yourself. Fragrances—treat yourself. Massages—treat yourself.” Parks and Rec, anyone? While Donna and Tom may take it to a whole new level that those of us who are on a budget shouldn't, they still make a good point! It's so important to treat. yo. self. when you reach a goal!
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
You need to celebrate your successes to help you to stay motivated and keep working towards the next goal. You may be tempted to spend a lot of money when you treat yourself… But if you've been budgeting for any time at all, then you know that isn't very smart! Instead, get creative and come up with cheap ways to treat yourself. We've got some great ideas for you! Let's go!
WHY YOU SHOULD TREAT YOURSELF
You've been bustin' tail and you just reached one of your goals that you set a while ago. Yay! Go YOU!!! Now what? You could start right in on a new goal and get to work on that without taking a second to breathe. You did just crush your goal, so why not get started on the next one while you have the momentum?
Because you need to make sure that you have the motivation to reach your next goal! What's going to make you want to keep pushing towards that goal for a new car or to improve your credit score? You need to give yourself a minute to celebrate your success so that you want to keep working on your goals!
Treat yourself, or your whole family, when you reach a goal. Give yourself a little pat on the back to recognize that you did awesome. Be proud of what you accomplished! Take a minute to treat yourself, then move on to your next goal, refreshed and ready to tackle it.
TREAT YOURSELF, BY YOURSELF!
There are times in your life when you really just need some “me time” where you can focus on yourself. It's good to have a recharge every now and then! Maybe you reached a personal fitness goal, or got a promotion at work. Whatever it is, try out these ideas to celebrate and treat yourself without blowing the budget!
- Give yourself a facial.
- Make your favorite drink in copycat form.
- Go to the library, check out a new book and allow yourself the time to read it!
- Make a small purchase that you've been wanting to buy, such as an item of clothing, book, journal, or treat. Just make sure that it fits within your budget or you have been saving for it!
- Give yourself a mani or pedi. It's so much cheaper to buy the good polish and paint your own nails than it is to go to the salon!
- Take a bubble bath.
- Work on a hobby.
- Buy a new audiobook from Audible to listen to when you're driving or cleaning. Use that link to get one free audiobook, 2 free Audible originals & a 30 day free trial!
- Go window shopping in a cute, nearby downtown area with your friends.
If you're wondering how on earth you could find the time to do this between work, kids, or activities, then we've got you covered! We have some great ideas on how to make time so that you can treat yourself and practice a little self-care while you're at it.
IDEAS FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
When you and your spouse, or even the whole family, have reached a goal that you've been working towards together, then it's fun to celebrate together! Maybe you reached one of your financial goals and paid off some debt.
It's good to acknowledge that you achieved something together. Try out some of these cheap ideas to treat yourself and celebrate your success so that you can stay motivated to conquer your next goal!
- Have a dance party. Karaoke is a bonus! You can get some epic ideas on how to take that karaoke up a notch.
- Try out a new recipe that the whole family is excited about. We've got some great ideas on both Fun Cheap or Free and ShelfCooking.com.
- Bake a dessert… Calories don't count when you're celebrating, right?! Pinterest always has the best ideas!
- Have a date night, either at home or out on the town!
- Go out to eat, as long as it fits within the budget.
- Have a movie marathon complete with TONS of snacks!
- Go to the Dollar Theater.
- Host a game night with your friends and ask them to bring their favorite appetizer.
- Invite some friends over and host a cookout on the cheap!
- Explore some areas in your town! Get some great ideas on how to find fun things to do near you.
- Window shop your next goal! This could be a new car, house, 401K, or even your dream vacation.
It doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg to treat yourself! You can have fun and celebrate without going too crazy.
LET US HELP YOU REACH YOUR GOALS!
Are you reading this and thinking how amazing it would be if you could reach your goals and get a much-deserved “treat yourself” day? Let us help you!
REACH THOSE FINANCIAL GOALS
If you want help reaching your financial goals, then you've got to check out our Budget Boot Camp program! It's a really fun video program that helps you whip your wallet into shape and work on all of your budgeting pain points.
We'll help you to set your financial goals, take charge of your wallet and stay motivated to achieve them! Use the code FCFBLOG for 10% off because we think you deserve it. ;)
REACH THOSE PRODUCTIVITY AND ORGANIZATION GOALS
Do you ever look around your house and your life and wonder how you can even start to get it lined out? Boy, oh boy, Productivity Boot Camp is just for you!
Let us help you to get your house and life in order. You'll have help to figure out what your pain points are, how to conquer them, and learn to be more productive in your life. How does it sound to get more done in your day so that you have more time to do the things that you actually want to do? Like a dream, of course! ;) Use code FCFBLOG to get 10% off at checkout.
So, are you ready to treat yourself or what?! What goals are you reaching and how are you going to treat yo'self? Let us know in the comments!
Looking for some great ideas to help you reach your goals?
- Keep your day organized by using our block schedule! You'll be able to do anything from fitting a workout into your busy work day to knowing when the best time is for you to be productive around the house.
- Stick to the 70% rule and you'll be able to spend, save and invest on any budget!
- Find some great tips on how to be productive at home with kids around. Yes, it is possible!