What do you get for the person in your life who deserves ALL the things?! Show your kiddos' teachers some extra appreciation this year. These fun, easy, and creative teacher gift card ideas earn an A+ in our book!
You're making your list and checking it twice, and then you realize. You forgot to get something for your kids' teachers. Eek! What to do? What to do?
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
You could run to the drugstore and pick up a gift card, but that feels so impersonal. Bake some homemade goodies? Maybe. We've got some better ideas for you, including free gift card printables to download!
TRY ONE OF THESE PUNNY TEACHER GIFT CARD IDEAS
If you've been to our site before, then you know we love puns! Let's put that quirky humor to good use. There's no better way to make an ordinary gift card more fun and personal!
We encourage you to get creative! What do your kids' teachers do really well? Are they extra patient? Do they make math fun? Let their strengths inspire you to make their gift unique! Here are a few examples of punny messages you could include, along with the perfect gift card:
- Amazon Gift Card – We think you're downright Amaz-on'!
- Apple – I had to get an apple for my favorite teacher!
- Dairy Queen/Your Favorite Ice Cream Shop – Thanks for being such a cool teacher! You deserve a sweet treat.
- Dunkin'/Starbucks/Local Coffee Shop – Thanks a latte for being such a great teacher!
- McDonald's – I'm lovin' this school year, thanks to you!
- Sonic – It's such a blast having you as my teacher!
- Target – I hit the bullseye when I got you as my teacher. Thanks for all you do!
Want to steal one of these ideas? Do it! Copying is totally allowed in this case. Get your free printables here. All you need to do is buy the gift card! Consider this our gift to you, freebs.
HOMEMADE GIFT IDEAS FOR TEACHERS
Really want to wow your teacher? Attach your clever little gift card to one of these handmade gifts for some extra credit:
- Hot Cocoa Gift Set – Pick up a fun mug and stuff it with a few packets of cocoa and some yummy toppings. If you're feeling extra crafty, dip some plastic spoons in chocolate and roll them in sprinkles. They make the tastiest stirrers ever!
- Cookie Making Kit – Grab a cute mixing bowl, fill it with cookie cutters, a mixing spoon, your favorite cookie recipe, and all the ingredients. Wrap in cellophane and tie with a ribbon.
- Homemade Caramel – Have you tried this fantastic homemade caramel recipe? We're obsessed. It's so addictive! Why not spread the love? Store in a mason jar, wrap with Christmas ribbons and attach a favorite recipe.
- Banana Bread – This banana bread recipe is THE best! It's foolproof and so delicious. Why not bake a loaf of this to accompany a gift card? It's a perfect breakfast treat!
- Keepsake Ornament – Here's an idea for the more sentimental teacher. Have your kiddos make some homemade ornaments. Make sure they sign their work and include a date!
None of these ideas take a ton of time or money, but we guarantee the personal touch will mean so much! And teachers totally deserve it! So, go play Santa and have some fun!
Looking for more gift-giving inspiration?
- We've got 30+ friend gift ideas that won't break your bank.
- Need a last-minute gift for the neighbors? We've got ya covered with tons of $1 ideas! Yup. $1. We won't tell them!
- These gift-giving hacks will make you the best gift-giver ever this year.
You're sleigh-in' it!