Age ain't nothing but a number, right?! Unless there are deals on the line! If you're 55 or older, make sure you're not leaving money on the table. We've compiled a MASSIVE list of free stuff for senior citizens! You deserve it, so go ahead and treat yourself!
Put down your wallet! We're serious. After you read this post, you may not need it. We've rounded up some of the best freebies and deals for senior citizens. We're talking deals on food, travel, entertainment, and more. 60 is the new 30, right?
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Save this post, share it with your young-at-heart friends (or parents), and get ready to reap the rewards! If you've ever wondered where to find the best deals for seniors, we've got you covered. Let's go!
HOW TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF DISCOUNTS FOR SENIOR CITIZENS
Many businesses use the honor system, while others ask for proof of age or a membership card. Here are a few discount clubs for seniors that are worth joining:
- AARP – The American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) is a nonprofit with more than 40 million members. In addition to various social impact projects they coordinate, the AARP also gives its members access to TONS of incredible deals. Sign up for an AARP membership here.
- AMAC – The Association of Mature American Citizens (AMAC) is an advocacy group founded in 2007. In addition to lobbying on behalf of seniors, this organization also offers members deals on healthcare services, products, and more. Find out how to become an AMAC member here.
- Senior Discounts Club – This free online community shares updated exclusive deals for seniors daily. They send out a newsletter packed with coupons just for the 55+ crowd. Join the Senior Discounts Club and check out their online forums, too.
Pro Tip: Never be afraid to ask for a discount! Many local businesses gladly offer deals for senior citizens, so there's no shame in checking. Also, keep in mind that policies can vary from location to location, so it never hurts to call ahead and get the scoop when in doubt.
THE BEST FREEBIES FOR SENIORS
You guys know we love a good deal around here, but ya know what we love even more? Getting things for FREE! These offers are unreal. Check out all the ways you can take advantage of free cell phones, beverages, dating sites, and more!
FREE CELL PHONES FOR SENIOR CITIZENS
Staying in touch with friends and family shouldn't have to cost a fortune! These companies provide free or low-cost cell phone service for senior citizens:
- Assurance Wireless – Individuals who qualify for a plan with Assurance Wireless can get free texting, data, and phone calls. Find out if you're eligible for an Assurance Wireless plan.
- Q Link – Seniors who qualify can enjoy 3GB of free data each month, along with unlimited calls and texts. Find out how to qualify for a free Q Link Wireless plan.
- Safelink – With Safelink, you can keep your phone and number if you'd like! Learn more about Safelink plan availability and options in your area.
FAST FOOD FREEBIES FOR SENIOR CITIZENS
The next time you head to your favorite fast food spot, be sure to mention the deal for seniors and order these items:
- Arby's – Quench your thirst with a free drink from Arby's. (55+)
- Burger King – AARP members get a free cup of coffee at Burger King!
- Dunkin' – Donut lover? At select Dukin' locations, you can get a free donut with the purchase of a large beverage. (55+)
- KFC – Get a free small drink at KFC with any entree purchase. (55+)
- Taco Bell – No purchase required! If you're 65 or older, you can get a free drink at YUM! owned Taco Bells.
- Whataburger – Order a meal, and you can enjoy a free small coffee or drink at select Whataburger locations.
FREE DATING SITES FOR SENIOR CITIZENS
Looking for love? These sites offer free memberships or cater to the 50-and-up crowd:
- Christian Mingle – Looking to connect with someone who shares your faith? Christian Mingle has millions of senior members, and it's free to create a profile.
- Match.com – With millions of members, Match.com has one of the largest 50+ membership bases. It's never too late to find love! Sign up for a free match.com profile.
- OurTime – Especially popular with seniors because of its basic layout and easy accessibility, OurTime caters to singles who are 50 and older and has more than 8 million members.
- SilverSingles – Tailored for adults in their 50s, 60s, and 70s, SilverSingles has nearly one million members and offers free membership plans.
FREE STUFF FOR SENIOR CITIZENS: MEDICAL SUPPLIES
No one wants to shell out hard-earned cash on medical supplies, so it always pays to look for deals and freebies. Here are a few worth exploring:
- Dentures – If you're 60 or older and meet specific income requirements, you could qualify to receive free dentures through The National Association of Free and Charitable Clinics.
- Hearing Aids – Hard of hearing? Getting two hearing aids can cost as much as $10,000. Thanks to Medicare Advantage, Medicaid, or the Department of Veteran's Affairs, you may be able to get them for free. Check with each organization to assess your eligibility.
- Wheelchairs/Walkers/Canes – Check with your local Area Agency on Aging. Many have programs that allow seniors to borrow mobility equipment to use at home.
Pro Tip: Ladies, if you're over the age of 40 and have Medicare Part B, you can get your mammograms for free. Uninsured? We've got all the information you need to find a low or no-cost mammogram in your area.
FREE STUFF FOR SENIOR CITIZENS: PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
Need an accountant? A handyman? Before we reach for your checkbook, make sure you're not leaving any of these freebies on the table:
- Financial Planning – AARP offers tons of online resources geared toward financial planning for seniors. Take advantage of their free expert advice!
- Home Renovations – Need a wheelchair ramp? Thanks to Habitat for Humanity, you may be able to get one for free. They offer a program to help disabled, low-income seniors. Find out if you're eligible for assistance making your home accessible.
- Legal Guidance – Legal Services Corporation is a government-funded nonprofit offering free legal advice and representation for low-income adults, including seniors.
- Tax Preparation – Thanks to the AARP Foundation Tax-Aide program, you can get expert help answering all your tax-related questions, as well as free preparation services.
FREE EDUCATION FOR SENIORS
It's never too late to learn something new! Whether you'd like to pick up a new hobby or earn credits towards a degree, here's where to look for the best bargains on education:
- City and County Rec Programs – Want to meet other seniors who share your interests? Contact your city or county recreational department to ask for a course guide!
- Duolingo – This app is technically free for all ages, but it's too fun not to mention! Want to learn a new language? Download the Duolingo app.
- Libraries – Want to know the ins and outs of Microsoft office? Or learn more about computers? Check with your local public library! Many offer free courses for senior citizens.
- Public Colleges & Universities – State-run schools in all 50 states offer free or deeply discounted tuition for retirees. Contact your local state school for more information!
Pro Tip: Online learning platforms like Coursera, Skillshare, and Udemy also offer TONS of affordable courses on just about every topic under the sun. Many run sales throughout the year, so sign up for their email lists to stay in the know. We've got a whole post devoted to email sorting hacks, so check that out, too!
And there you have it! Dozens of freebies. Spread the word!
THE BEST DISCOUNTS FOR SENIOR CITIZENS
Freebies sure do make us happy, but so do incredible deals. Ready for a date night? Perhaps a vacation? Take advantage of these discounts! Many require an AARP membership, so if you haven't already, stop what you're doing and sign up! Seriously. SO worth it!
RESTAURANT DEALS FOR SENIORS
You don't have to cook tonight! Skip the dish duty and enjoy a night out at one of these restaurants:
- Bubba Gump Shrimp – Enjoy 10% off your bill at Bubba Gump if you're an AARP member!
- Bonefish Grill – Cash in on a 15% discount at Bonefish with your AARP card.
- Carrabba's Italian Grill – Here's another 15% discount for AARP members. Tax, tip, and alcohol are not included.
- Chart House – In the mood for a fancy night out? Bring your AARP card and save 10% at Chart House.
- Cici's Pizza – All you can eat pizza, anyone? Many Cici's locations offer senior discounts. Check with your local restaurant!
- Dairy Queen – Enjoy 10% off your purchase or get a free drink at Dairy Queen.
- Denny's – Denny's has one of the best seniors menus around! They'll also give you an extra 15% off with an AARP card.
- Fuddrucker's – If you're 55+, you can save 10% on a Fuddrucker's dinner platter.
- IHOP – It's hard to beat the prices on the 55+ menu at IHOP!
- Landry's Seafood – AARP members save 10% at Landry's.
- Mrs. Field's Cookies – If you're 60 or older, satisfy your sweet tooth with 10% off cookies from Mrs. Field's.
- Outback Steakhouse – Save 15% at Outback with an AARP membership. This deal only applies to Monday-Thursday dinners or weekend lunches.
- Rainforest Cafe – We love Rainforest Cafe! Enjoy 10% off the bill with an AARP membership.
- Sweetfrog – Save 15% off frozen yogurt with your AARP card!
- TCBY – If you're 55+, you can save 10% at TCBY.
- Wendy's – Chili? Burger? Fries? Save 10% at most Wendy's locations.
TRAVEL DEALS FOR SENIORS
Vacation, anyone? Whether you prefer historic tours, cruises, or mountain getaways, there's a deal here for you.
- American Airlines – If you're 65 or older, you can save on International flights with American Airlines. Discounts vary based on booking.
- Amtrak – Traveling by train is so relaxing! Enjoy the scenery and save 10% on your Amtrak reservation if you're at least 65.
- Avis – Need a car for your next vacation? If you're an AARP member, you can save up to 30% at select Avis locations.
- British Airways – If you're an AARP member, you can save as much as $200 on your next British Airways flight. Score!
- Carnival Cruise – Set sail with exclusive deals for seniors over the age of 55 on Carnival Cruises.
- Choice Hotels – Book in advance and save 10% at Choice Hotels properties with your AARP membership.
- Delta Airlines – While you can't get a discount in every market, senior discounts do exist! Call Delta to find out what's available.
- Hertz – Join the HertzFifty Plus program for savings of up to 20%.
- Hilton Hotels – If you're an AARP member, you can save up to 5% at Hilton Hotels.
- Marriott Hotels – If you're 62+, you can save as much as 15% on select Marriot Hotels reservations.
- Royal Caribbean – Pack up your swimsuit! Royal Caribbean offers deals on select sailings for seniors 55 or older.
- United Airlines – Call the airline to confirm before booking. On select flights, United offers senior discounts for 65+ travelers.
INSURANCE DEALS FOR SENIORS
Spending money on insurance is never fun, but it's necessary. Might as well save some money if you can, right? Check out these insurance discounts for seniors:
- Allstate – If you're retired and 55+, you can save on car insurance through Allstate.
- Farmers – If you're 55+, you may qualify for a discount from Farmers Insurance.
- Home Insurance – If you're at least 50 and work 24 hours or less each week, you may qualify for a retiree discount of up to 15%. Check with your home insurer for eligibility and offers.
- USAA – If you're a vet, and you've been insured through USAA for 40 years, you can score yearly bonus rebates towards your premiums
Pro Tip: It pays to bundle! Check with your car insurance company to see if they offer rental or homeowner policies, too. You can often save 20% or more when you have more than one policy!
WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE DISCOUNT?
Phew! So many discounts and deals. We hope you took notes! Tell us, what's the best senior discount you've ever seen? Leave a comment below!
Looking for more deals and steals to share with your friends and family?
- We've pulled together the ultimate list of student discounts and deals.
- Birthday coming up? Don't miss out on these birthday freebies!
- Want to watch the big game? We've rounded up a list of the best free sports streaming sites.
Kick up your heels and enjoy!