The weather may be cooling down, but the sports season is just heating up. Even if you’ve cut the cord, free sports streaming sites can keep you from missing all the action. Whether you’re looking for ways to catch The World Series, your favorite college team, or watch your favorite team face their rival on Monday night, we’ve got the info you need to watch it all live and for free.
Is there anything worse than FOMO? No one likes to feel like they’re missing out on the fun, and that’s especially true when team rivalries and bragging rights are on the line.
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Whether you're on the go, your cable's out, or you've opted to cut the cord altogether, you'll want to check out these free sports streaming sites if you're a sports fan. Go ahead and hit that bookmark button, grab your lucky jersey, and whip up your favorite snack. It’s time to watch some sports!
DID YOU KNOW FACEBOOK HAS A FREE SPORTS STREAMING SITE?
You've probably already got a Facebook account, but we bet you didn't know you could use it to watch live sports! That's right. Facebook isn't just for sharing your dogs and kids' pics or keeping up with cousins and high school friends.
We've got the lowdown on a fun new(ish) service called Facebook Watch! Here are the essential deets:
- What You Can Watch – Facebook Watch streams a ton of live sports, including one major league baseball game each week, surfing tournaments, women's basketball, and soccer matches. You can also tune in for unofficial streams of just about any sport you could think of. Billiards, corn hole, or golf, anyone?!
- How You Can Watch It – Facebook Watch works on tablets, computers, and mobile devices. You can also download the app to your smart TV and watch it that way.
- What Else You Should Know – While the number of big games Facebook can share is limited, you can find live streams from other users. To do that, just log in to your account, click “search” videos, type in the game you're looking for (or search by the team), and then select the “live” filter.
Pro Tip: In addition to sports, you can also watch other live entertainment, including original TV series that are exclusive to Facebook. Add the app to your Roku or streaming device and browse all the free, live options.
FIND FREE LIVE SPORTS STREAMS ON REDDIT
We love scouring Reddit threads for recipes, shelf cooking tips, parenting advice, and more! This site is filled with valuable info for sports fans, too. Here's how you can use Reddit to watch live sports.
- What You Can Find on Reddit- While Reddit doesn't actually stream live sports, their users share TONS of links that you can use to find and stream sports on all your devices.
- How You Can Watch It – Just search for your favorite sport and peruse the threads! If you're a hockey fan, check out the hockey subreddit. There's on for baseball and college sports, too.
- What Else You Should Know – If you're having issues finding a game or match elsewhere, this is your go-to for detective work. Nothing is too obscure for Reddit. If you want to watch it, there's probably someone on Reddit who knows where you can.
One word of warning: Be careful when clicking links in Reddit! We suggest installing a pop-up blocker to protect you from viruses and unwanted ads.
WATCH LIVE SPORTS WITH YOUR AMAZON PRIME MEMBERSHIP
If you're a football fan, you just might love this Amazon perk as much as the super fast and free shipping! Here's what you need to know to stream the big games via Amazon.
- What You Can Watch on Amazon – The NFL has a deal with Amazon that allows Prime subscribers to watch 11 games live, all for free. Check out the 2020 game schedule.
- How You Can Watch It – You can watch in your Prime Video app, either on your phone, tablet, or smart TV. You can also watch via your computer.
- What Else You Should Know – In addition to their Thursday NFL games, for a small monthly fee, you can also add channels to your plan like CBS All Access, NBA League Pass, and PGA Tour Live.
FREE SPORTS STREAMING SITES FROM YOUR TV PROVIDER
You know we're always proponents of using what you've got! If you're already subscribed to live TV service, make sure you take advantage of all the features you're paying to use! In many cases, you can catch live or on-demand sports on your phone and TV. Here's the skinny on some of the more popular services.
- Sling – If you're a Sling subscriber, you can watch sports on ESPN or their specialty sports channels like the ACC Network. College hoops, anyone?! Here's another fun fact. If you sign up for a new Sling membership, they will give you a free indoor antenna that you can use to catch live sports on your local networks. No cable needed!
- YouTube TV – If you have a YouTube TV subscription, you've got tons of free sports channels! Watch all the ESPN channels, NBC Sports, The Tennis Channel, Olympic Channel, and more. Peep the full lineup here.
- Hulu Plus – We love to get our dose of 90s sitcoms on Hulu, but don't sleep on their sports coverage. If you're already paying for a Plus membership, you can access live coverage of NFL, NHL, NBA, and college games.
CABLE PROVIDERS WITH FREE SPORTS STREAMING SITES
- Xfinity – If you have cable through Xfinity, you can download the Xfinity app to watch all your channels live and on the go! They also offer tons of sports content on-demand, so you can always watch it later if you don't catch the game live. You can even add the Xfinity app to your Roku.
- DirecTV – Known for their NFL Sunday ticket, football fans love this service! If You're a DirecTV subscriber, download their app to watch the games no matter where you are. If you're a student, find out how to score Sunday ticket at a discounted price!
Pro Tip: Check with your cellphone provider to see if they offer any perks/discounts. For example, AT&T has a partnership with Direct TV, and T-Mobile customers qualify for a free Netflix subscription.
WARNING: FREE SPORTS STREAMING SITES CAN COST YOU
We do need to warn you that streaming can take up a ton of bandwidth. If you're watching on your phone while on the go, be mindful of your data limits so you don't get hit with any overage fees. If you can access WiFi, that's the way to go!
Otherwise, stream away! Whether you're a baseball fan, football fanatic, or soccer fan, we hope this post helps make sure you never miss another big game!
But enough about us. We'd love to hear about your favorite sport to watch! Leave us a comment below.
Looking for more entertainment freebies and deals?
- We love this list of cheap and fun party ideas! Plan a neighborhood get together to watch the next big game.
- Having people over for Sunday night football? You'll love these affordable party foods!
- End up with leftovers from the party? This post has you covered! Check out all the ways you can reuse party food.
Let the games begin!