Create a full face of makeup, including luscious lips and lashes, in 10 minutes or less! Here's a super simple makeup tutorial that'll help you go from drab to fab in minutes… Plus tips on what products it's okay to buy cheap! Don't worry! I got you!
You guys have been BEGGING me to do an updated makeup tutorial and share my tips for finding good deals on makeup. You ask, Mama J delivers! Today, I'm showing you my go-to, 10-minute or less makeup tutorial! I do this look, or slight variations of this look, every single day.
This makeup tutorial includes highlighting and contouring, eyeshadow, foundation, blush, and if you give yourself an extra minute or two, even false lashes (which for me, are quicker than doing layers of mascara)!
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel, we release new videos weekly! It's a party that you definitely don't want to miss out on. 😉
Click to watch the video online HERE, or keep scrolling to watch and get ah-mazing tips on how to pull off this complete look… fast!
Now that was fun! Here are all the deets, plus my favorite products and even a few sweet deals. You know I got you!
WHERE TO BUY MAKEUP
I don't stick to one particular brand of makeup, but I do have my favorites for each different product. Some are pricier than others and some are downright cheap! I just use what I like and what works best for ME!
Shop online with Rakuten! Shop stores like Ulta, Sephora, and Amazon and get CASH BACK on your purchases! PLUS, when you use our link, you'll earn a bonus of $10 off of your first purchase. Sign.me.up!
I've linked up most of my favorites here on Amazon and buy them from there! Be careful when buying high-end products on Amazon and make sure to ONLY buy from the brand's shop.
TJ Maxx can be a good place to find name-brand makeup that is off-season or discontinued. I find TooFaced, Urban Decay, and Anastasia Beverly Hills makeup there ALL the time!
Shine Cosmetics is one of my favorite brands! They're animal cruelty-free, gluten-free, and paraben-free, too! You can save 10% by using code JORDAN.
Pro Tip: Shine will color match you! Just DM Shine on Instagram and they'll give you instructions!
EYE MAKEUP TUTORIAL
Not sure if you know this or not, but I'm not a professional makeup artist. Shocker, right?! *snort* Let's just be real, I don't exactly know what I'm doing and I might be giving myself 1,489,397 wrinkles, but being alive gives you wrinkles, so let's just be thankful for them!
Here's the step-by-step eye makeup tutorial linked up with all my favorite products!
- Start with a clean slate! I dab a little of Pond's lotion underneath my eyes and gently wipe it off with a tissue. Then, BOOM, I have a clean slate ready to be beautified.
- Prime those eyes! I used to use Mac Paint Pot, but this Maybelline dupe is AMAZING and is less than $6! #score
- Cover your entire eyelid with champagne eyeshadow. As long as you use a primer, this will stay put! My very favorite eyeshadow is Tarte, but Morphe also has some great palettes!
- Other eyeshadow palettes I like? E.L.F.'s palettes have good pigment and are fairly affordable.
- The eyelid crease! Pick whatever color floats your boat here. I use a brown or mauve for every day. Start at the corner and go towards your nose in a windshield wiper motion.
- Line those eyes! I always use NYX eyeliner in dark brown versus black.
- Mascara time! Waterproof is a must! Ain't nobody got time for makeup running all over their face. I use good ole cheap Maybelline Colossal then usually follow up at the end with fake lashes. (Keep reading for my false lashes tutorial!)
- If you're not wearing false lashes, then use a higher-end mascara. This one from Tarte works well. I'm not a fan of the name of this one at all, but this mascara is also great!
- I LOVE Kylie cosmetics. If you're going to grab her stuff, your best bet is to sign up for Rakuten and get cash back when purchasing from Ulta!
HIGHLIGHT & CONTOUR HACKS
For ease and speed, I apply my foundation without brushes. I find that it uses WAY less product which saves a whole lotta cold hard cash. However, I DO use a brush to blend my contour and to apply blush.
Read on for my step by step foundation, highlight, and contour makeup tutorial hacks!
- For foundation, I really like the Shine BB Cream (Use code JORDAN for 10% off). I blend it with either a lighter or darker color depending on the season and my current tan. If you need a good laugh, check out the spray tan saga of 2019, here.
- Other foundations I like: It Cosmetics foundation has good coverage. I also use this one from It Cosmetics sometimes. When I'm going out or need my makeup to look AMAZING, I use this from Lancome. This is MUCH cheaper at Ulta, so shop for it through Rakuten if you decide to buy it!
- Under-eye and t-zone highlights are a MUST. Normally, I use this Radiant Shine Concealer or this concealer from Tarte. I also like Maybelline's dark eye eraser.
- Time for contouring! I use the Hoola Contouring Stick. Yes, it's pricey, but it's fast and works great. I give myself some nice little Frankenstein lines and blend them in with short strokes and circles using a Real Techniques brush.
- Bring color back with blush! I use a cream blush, but any blush will do.
- I finish by filling in my eyebrows because thanks to the 90s, mine are all gone. I prefer to use Shine Cosmetics Brow Products (Don't forget to use JORDAN for 10% off), but when I'm out, I use this super cheap E.L.F. brow pencil.
- Other contour palettes I like: I got this Aesthetica Cosmetics palette at TJ Maxx for a great price. I use the medium palette. This Too Faced palette is another good one!
ALL ABOUT THE LIPS
Almost done! By this point, it pretty much looks like I have no lips left. Thanks, creamy foundation!
Enter my absolute FAVORITE lip color on the planet, Reliable by Shine. If there's ever a shortage on this stuff, you might find me in the fetal position crying. Just give me Mini Cadbury Eggs, and maybe I'll survive.
- Line those babies up! I over-line ever so slightly because, why not?! Today I'm using a lip liner from NYX, but I also like this Shine lip liner and these Colourpop lip liners.
- I wear this lip last by Shine every. single. day. It's Reliable…always! Don't be tempted to use gloss with this one because it'll come right off. If you use it as is, it stays on FOREVER!
- After you're done with your lips, finish off your look with some setting spray. This will help your makeup stay put all day! I really like this Urban Decay setting spray.
MAKEUP TUTORIAL FOR FALSE LASHES
You can skip false lashes and add more mascara at the end, but it's just as fast for me to add falsies so I just go for it. Here's what you need to know about my lashes and process:
- My favorite false lashes are these by Kiss! It's $8-$9 for FIVE pair and you can wear each pair up to 10 times if you take care of them.
- Duo Dark Tone is the real secret. Put a layer across the whole lash line making sure you go tip to tip and let it dry for 30 seconds.
- Grab your clean tweezers and place them as close to your eyelashes as possible.
- You HAVE to wear eyeliner when you wear false lashes. Just trust me on this one!
- If you're using a new pair of false lashes, put a quick coat of mascara over the top to help them blend better and help them look more realistic.
Here's an OLLLLLD tutorial of me showing you step by step how to do lashes. I still do them the same way, so if you want to see a more in depth look, watch away! And if you wanna watch me do another old makeup routine, here ya go. 😉
How quickly can you do your makeup? Let me know in the comments! It seems like the more kids I have, the quicker and more efficient I get!
Don't miss out on these other great posts!
- Get ready for a night out with your main squeeze by looking your absolute best!
- Self care and makeup go hand in hand. If you're looking for a way to reward yourself on the cheap this is for YOU!
So, can you do an estimate on how much you spend on makeup a month?
There’s no way to predict that because it’s not consistent. But I can tell you that it always come out of my “other” budget. If you’re not sure what I’m talking about, then check that out HERE!
Can you please do a video (eventually) on how you do your block system with new babies? I’m a mom with 2 small kids (2y/o and 5 month old) and I’m wanting to use the productivity planner but I’m needing inspiration.
I’m hoping to do one once the babies come, so be on the lookout for it! You can text FCFTEXT to 833-520-0668 to make sure that you’re in the know when that and all of my other videos are released, if you’re not already subscribed. 😉 But 5 months is definitely old enough for you to get back to a schedule! Be flexible with your blocks to account for nursing, changing diapers, fussiness, etc. Schedule the things that you really need to get done during nap times. Then if baby is awake, either move a bassinet/playpen around with you while you’re doing things or wear them! Just know that you can’t do it all with 2 kids by yourself and give yourself the grace to know that it’s okay if you’re not able to get everything done. This phase won’t last forever, so enjoy it while you can! 🙂
What was the illuminating bronzer you used after the contour?
It’s the Becca bronzer linked here. It’s quite pricey on Amazon, so your best bet is to use Rakuten and earn money back by buying it at Ulta. Or you can find it at TJ Maxx.
How do u like the Tati Beauty palatte?
I love it! Super pigmented and high quality.
I love you Jordan!! I’m a huge fan of yours. Is there any way you can have a segment on how you organize and pay your bills monthly? Do you set everything automatically or do you go in to each bill and pay? I would love for you to touch on monthly bills paying tips.
Thanks and hope to hear on this if possible
Yadira- Miami Lakes, Fl
Thanks for the idea, I’ll add it to my list of videos I’d like to make! 🙂
Your make up always looks beautiful When you start out with what you say is a “naked eye” you have under lash eyeliner thin upper lash eyeliner and you already have a defined eyelid crease. Is that natural? Is it tattooed? Have you primed your eyes for the demo? Nothing wrong with any of that except that it’s not how most peoples eyes look without make up.
Haha no, my eye is actually completely naked just like everyone else’s! Maybe it’s just the lighting?
I would love to know what product you use to remove your lashes ….after watching you….I am going to be brave and try some falsies!!! I want to do extensions …but like you can not justify the expense!!! Love how real you are and I am praying for you and those little twins!💗
You don’t use any product, you just gently peel off the lashes with your fingers! Grab one end of the lashes and pull. And thank you for your kind words! XOXO
I was wondering, how do you wash your brushes, how often and how often do you replace them?
I’m the worst 🙈. I hardly ever wash my brushes! So don’t follow my example! But when I do, I just use baby shampoo. I only replace them if they are no longer working.
I spend about 5 minutes tops on my face. Maybe 3. Eye gel, serum with SPF, retinol eye cream, moisturizer, BB cream with SPF, cream blush, lip liner, a swipe of lipstick, and a swipe of eyeliner. No mascara or lashes. I keep a minimal number of products that I don’t use every day so I don’t waste time searching for what I need. I have embraced my face. I hate the feeling of makeup or looking like I am wearing it but I also don’t want to be asked if I am feeling ok every day so I wear at least the BB cream or concealer under my eyes to cut the redness, even when I exercise.
Wow, go you! Putting on makeup is all about making YOU feel good about yourself, not anybody else! I love that you say that you’ve embraced your face. Don’t worry about what anybody else says! Although it is annoying when someone asks if you’re feeling well because you’re not wearing makeup. As long as you’re happy with how you look, nothing else should matter! 🙂
I’m Canadian and wondering how I can get the Shine Products here? Is this only a company in Utah?
Thanks so much and thank you for sharing with us!
Oh, good question! You would probably need to ask them if they ship to Canada and how they would suggest doing that. They’re a great company, so hopefully they do!
What color is the maybelline you put on your eye to prime it?
I always use a neutral beige color to prime with!
Is there any other lipstick that is the same color but a drug store brand? I love the color but it’s out of the price range😭
I haven’t looked, but I’m sure there is!
Those earrings are DA BOMB! where did you get them? 🙂
I don’t remember… I’m sorry!
What does the Shine lipstick feel like? I’ve tried lipsense but with that one I have to use the gloss because my lips just feel soooo dry!
The Shine lipsticks don’t dry out my lips. They are matte, which means there isn’t any moisture, but once the color has worn off my lips aren’t dry or flaking or anything! But matte lip stuff is dry by nature! Hope that helps out 🙂
Love all your tips!!! I remember you mentioning an eye drop that makes your eyes brighter and whiter. Do you use that only for special occasions? What is the brand? Thanks for all your inspiration!!
They’re the Lumify drops and you can find them HERE!
I would love to get a makeup bag like yours but I can’t remember where you posted about it. Can you tell me which makeup bag you use?
It was a gift from Sly Beauty!
I love your make up tutorial video and like all the make up looks. What eyeshadow palettes do you have ? I have seen some tarte, urban decay, and too faced.
Hi! Typically just whatever TJ Maxx or Ross has for a good price.