We've all been there. It's date night. You look at the clock and realize the sitter is coming in 15 minutes and you look like a walking mom-zombie! Eek! With these date night makeup tips, you’ll be looking glam in 15-minutes or less. Don’t you worry ‘bout a thing, hot mama!
Gals, let's face it. We all need some serious date night hacks in our life, right? Maybe you’re reading this with yesterday's half-done makeup still on, teeth not brushed, hair in a crazy top-knot, sweatpants on, milk-stains, the whole nine yards. We’re right there with ya, and this is a judgment-free-zone.
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Whether you’re looking to get glam for a big night out or a romantic at-home date night, you are going to love these hacks! With these date night makeup tips and hair ideas, you’ll look like a million bucks. Better yet? Your honey will never know you didn't spend all afternoon getting prepped for your hot date! Shhhh! It’s our little secret.
OUR FAVORITE DATE NIGHT MAKEUP TIPS
Ok, you’ve only got 15-minutes to spare, but you’ve got this! Here’s the game plan. Focus 10 minutes on makeup and five minutes on hair. Are you ready? We’ll start by prepping those brows and lashes. Let’s go! Set your timer:
BROWS AND LASHES
- Brow Brush – Taming your brows takes just a few seconds, but makes all the difference! Frame that face, girl.
- Eyelash Curler – If you don’t have an eyelash curler, you need one. Pick one up at the Dollar Tree, and then curl those lashes.
- Brow Filler/Pencil – Next up, back to those brows. Aren’t you SO glad we all plucked and waxed in middle school?! Ugh. Thanks, 90s. If those brows are looking a bit sparse, fill them in with a pencil. It’s not as scary as you think and it’s totally worth the effort.
Now that you’ve laid the groundwork for those gorgeous brows and lashes, let’s get to the fun stuff — eye makeup!
- Eyeliner – Don’t spend a lot on eyeliner! There are plenty of perfectly good, quality liners at your local drugstore. In our opinion, you don’t need to splurge. Keep it under $10. Line the top and bottom lids, and you’re done.
- False Lashes/Mascara – We LOVE some false lashes! If it’s a special occasion, pop on a pair. They are a billion times cheaper than eyelash extensions, and so dang easy to put on. If you’re short on time, grab your favorite lengthening mascara and make those eyes pop.
- Shadow – Go neutral, and then add a touch of shimmer to the corners of those lids. Va-va-voom!
Pro Tip: Use a primer on your lids! Not only will it help keep your shadow in place and prevent creasing, but using a good primer means you can go cheap on the eye shadow and still look Hollywood glam. Drugstore or Dollar Tree eyeshadow for the win!
- Primer/Pore Refiner – Speaking of primer, it’s not just for lids. Apply generously to your face and neck. We like to use a tinted primer or bb cream because it works double duty.
- Foundation – Next, comes the foundation. We like something lightweight, but if you use a good tinted primer, you may be able to skip this step altogether.
- Concealer – Between the late nights, early mornings, and long days, we can’t live without some concealer. If you’re going to splurge on one item, let it be concealer. Cover up those blemishes and dark circles and blend with a brush or sponge. If those dark circles are extra dark (because #momlife), then let the concealer sit or “bake” on your face for a few minutes. Then, move on to your hair, and come back and blend.
- Bronzer – We all look better with a healthy glow, right? Bring the beach home with a touch of bronzer!
- Blush – Now that you’re bronzed, add to the sun-kissed look with a touch of blush. This is another item that you don’t need to spend a ton of money on! The stuff at the drugstore works just as well as the designer brands.
- Setting Spray/Powder – Once your face is all done, spritz with a setting spray or set with a matte powder, and voila! You’re almost done.
Now let’s get that pucker ready for some smooches. Time to paint those lips!
- Liner – We know a lot of ladies are afraid of lip liner, but don’t be! In just a few seconds, with the help of a $1 pencil (yup!), you can elevate your look and make those lips look extra plump and kissable. Oooh, la la!
- Lipstick – Speaking of $1, we’re pretty big fans of $1 lipstick, too. Especially if you’re lining those lips, you don’t need to spend a fortune on lipstick. Our current favorite, though, is Reliable Lip Last from Shine Cosmetics. Use code JORDAN for 10% off.
- Gloss – This step is optional but so fun, easy, and glamorous. Glide on a bit of clear gloss to finish your look!
Look at you, hottie!! You’re already looking like a million bucks. Now, let’s get that hair ready.
5-MINUTE DATE NIGHT HAIR
There’s no wrong or right way to approach date night hair, but here are a few of our life-saving tips! Round up these products and get ready to wow your hubs!
There’s no wrong or right way to approach date night hair, but here are a few of our life-saving tips! Round up these products and get ready to wow your date!
- Curling Iron/Wand – There’s something so glamorous about loose curls! If you’re short on time, don’t panic. Once you get the hang of it, you can totally curl your hair in two minutes. Yep, two minutes. Focus on the ends to add volume. For tighter curls, use a smaller barrel. For looser waves (and a faster style) try a large barrel curling rod.
- Dry Shampoo – No time to wash and dry? We get it. Just spray some dry shampoo on your roots, work it in with your fingers, and then flip your hair upside down for an extra boost of volume.
- Hairspray – Finish that look with a generous amount of your favorite hairspray. Again, drugstore brands are a-ok.
Pro Tip: You can look date night glam any day of the week! Start your day off right with one of our favorite five-minute hairstyles.
SHARE YOUR FAVORITE DATE NIGHT MAKEUP TIPS
Boom! You’re done, and how EASY was that?! Strut your stuff, girl!
What are your tips for getting ready in record time? What are your favorite beauty products? Let us know below!
Looking for more date night tips and ideas?
- Find out why you should be having money date nights. We’ve got tips for navigating the awkward conversations without having a fight!
- Plan a fabulous night out on a budget with these date night deals.
- Wondering how much to pay the babysitter? We’ve got the 4-1-1 on budgeting for and paying babysitters.
Happy Date Night <3
You’re the cutest ever!! Love this video!!
Mel | http://www.thegossipdarling.com