Here's a little inspiration to make a Meal Prep Day and get ahead on breakfast for the next week, or more! I'm showing you my family's favorite make-ahead breakfast recipes with some great tips and secrets along the way.
In today's YouTube video, follow along in the kitchen while I prep some tried-and-true recipes that my kids can reheat for breakfast all week long!
A little time spent prepping on the weekend can save a TON of time throughout the week! The breakfast prep also allows my kids to be more autonomous on school mornings, and easily reheat their favorite breakfast items without mom having to serve as a make-to-order chef for eight kids, all week long! It seriously saves our busy school mornings! If you haven't tried out make-ahead breakfasts, watch this video for some inspiration and then check out the links section below for some of my favorite recipes.
My Make-Ahead Breakfast Ideas & Recipes:
- Shelf Cooking 101: My OG cookbook! But in truth, it’s so much more than a cookbook! Shelf Cooking™ 101 includes nearly 300 pages of everything you’d ever need to conquer the kitchen, plus things never before seen in a cookbook.
- Homemade Pancake Mix Recipe: Whip up the mix and have it ready at your fingertips for those mornings when you're really craving pancakes!
- The Easiest Muffin Cups You'll Ever Make: Looking for a fun way to provide a little extra pick-me-up in the mornings? These egg muffin cups are perfect for breakfast and they're freezer-friendly, too! Whip up a batch and eat 'em while they're hot.
- Freezer Breakfast Egg Sandwich: Make your own homemade Egg McMuffin right at home – in bulk! These are amazing to make ahead and pull out for a hot breakfast on-the-go!
- Crunchy French Toast Sticks – Make-Ahead Recipe: These crunchy French toast sticks are sure to be a new family favorite. Enjoy them over the weekend or freeze them for busy mornings when you don't have time to cook this delicious breakfast!
- Freezer Breakfast Burrito + Tips: A breakfast burrito is a delicious and filling way to start off your family's morning. Try them out fresh or frozen to make those busy mornings easier!
- 19 Easy Smoothie Recipes (The Make-Ahead Breakfast of Champions): Throw some smoothie packs together when you have fruit or veggies that are getting soft and simply dump them into the blender when you're ready.
- Mini German Pancake Recipe: Breakfast just got a lot more fun with these quick and easy-to-make mini German pancakes! Throw them together in the blender and they'll be ready in 10 minutes.
- Freezer-Friendly Peach Muffin Recipe: Use fresh or canned peaches with this easy and delicious muffin recipe. These are so good and simple to whip up, you'll want to make them all year round!
- Homemade Baked Donut Recipe (Freezer-Friendly): It's SUPER easy to make homemade baked donuts, and they taste just as good as the expensive ones you'd buy at a bakery. Oh, and they're freezer-friendly, too!
Quick Links to Other Mentions in the Video:
- Clean Simple Eats Protein: My FAVORITE protein to use in protein waffles or smoothies. Use code JORDAN for 10% off.
- Raising Capable Kids: My philosophy on why helping kids learn independence with chores and tasks!
- My favorite salt EVER. It was gifted to me by a friend and I've bought like 5 packs since. It's all I use now. (Code “JORDAN” for 10% off. Makes for a great gift!)
- My Kitchen Remodel Tour: If you're looking for any info on the features in our kitchen and pantry, check out this post with a video tour!
- Cute kitchen towels (affiliate code “JORDAN” for 10% off)
- Lunch & Snack System: Here’s how we do snacks, lunches and meals so that I am not spending my entire day as a short order chef for my house full of snackers!
That should be enough to get you started! Always remember to check out our sister blog ShelfCooking.com for weekly posts with recipes, grocery tips, kitchen organization hacks, money-saving advice and more!
See you back here with my new YouTube video next Thursday! Let me know what your favorite make-ahead breakfasts are in the comment below!