Hi. My name is Jordan, and I'm a phone addict. Hi Jordan. *Kind of joking, kind of not.*
This year I have been trying to find better balance with my phone. It's just so dang hard because it is my EVERYTHING! My journal, my brain, my doctor, my babysitter (not kidding here, watch the video to see how I use it as a nanny cam!). For this week's Live Q&A y'all asked to see inside our phones. Well, Freebs, YOU ASK, WE DELIVA! We are not only showing you our favorite apps that save time, money, and sanity, but also show you some of our favorite iPhone hacks, and a few other tricks that we keep up our sleeves. (And no, this post isn't sponsored!)
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
All the while, I'm working extra hard to continue to find balance between my phone and real life. So watch all the tips we share in the video below, then keep scrolling to see a few ways that I'm working to UNPLUG more and find balance with that dang, beautiful, handheld pile of treasure.
Before we get to the video, don't forget that I post new videos every Thursday on my YouTube channel so be sure to subscribe! Also, be sure to follow me on Instagram and Facebook because every Tuesday we sit down to answer your questions – L-I-V-E. It's always a party.
Alright already. Let's get to the goods!
Check out the video online or click and watch below:
Here are some products mentioned in the video:
- I swear by my Popsocket! I have tried the rings and the loppy cases, but the Popsocket is the way to go!
- Nano Mount (which I talked about in my Car Hacks post) is so useful in your car.
Our Favorite Apps:
- Calendar by Apple
- Evernote by Evernote
- Reminders by Apple
- Nest – Your home in your hand by Nest Labs
- Messenger by Facebook, Inc.
- Day One Journal by Bloom Built Inc
- Chatbooks | Photo Books by Chatbooks, Inc.: Use the code FUNCH145 and get your first book FREE!
- Sound Touch by SoundTouch
- Cafe Rio by Punchh Inc.
- McDonald's by McDonald's USA
- BURGER KING® App by Burger King Corporation
- Hometown Values by Utah Media Group
- Target by Target
- PicTapGo by Totally Rad! Inc.
- Audible audio books & podcasts by Audible, Inc.
- Amazon – Shopping made easy by AMZN Mobile LLC
- Google Drive by Google, Inc.
- Heads Up! by Warner Bros.
Additional favorites we failed to mention in the video…
- Flipp app – amazing grocery app!
- Ebates – I always shop through this app to get CASH BACK on purchases!
- Shazam – I use this almost daily. When I hear a song playing that I love, I push SHAZAM and it tells me the song, artist, and where I can find the song.
- BYUTV – I love BYUTV because all the programming is family-friendly. We usually stream the shows right from the app to watch on the go.
- Costco app – I use it when I shop at Costco. Shows you the deals, sales, and rebates right on your phone!
- Sing-Along app – If you are LDS, this is my favorite app to keep my kids occupied while playing primary songs. Works great if you work in the nursery on Sundays!
- Uber – the only way I do transportation any more when I'm traveling!
iPhone hacks you need in your life:
- Text Replacement – stop typing the same things every day! This saves your sanity.
- Timer – all you need is 5, 10, or 15 minutes to power through SO MUCH. See my speed cleaning posts and videos for proof and tips!
- Alarms – set an alarm for EVERYTHING! But don't set the alarm for when you need to BE somewhere, set it early. (I try to follow my “rule of 3's” [I'll post more about this later] and try to set an alarm for 30 minutes early, 3 days early, and 3 weeks early.
- Quickly see photos and attachments from a text chain – click the “i” button in the top right hand corner of text messages and you can see all the images shared in that conversation. You're welcome.
- See more of my favorite iPhone hacks in my iPhone hacks for moms post!
So there you have it! Hopefully those are a few tips to make your phone more productive in your life. What are your favorite apps? There were SO MANY I missed in the video, so be sure to share yours below!
Now if you don't mind, I need to go lose myself for hours in a rip-roaring game of Sudoku…