You use your phone for everything, so why not make sure you know all the latest and greatest iPhone hacks?! Be more productive in your day with these great tips! Plus, we're sharing our favorite apps that you definitely don't want to miss out on!
Hi. My name is Jordan, and I'm a phone addict. Hi Jordan. *Kind of joking, kind of not.*
This year I have been trying to find better balance with my phone. It's just so dang hard because it is my EVERYTHING! My journal, my brain, my doctor, and so much more… In doing so, I've figured out a few ways that our phones can actually help us to be more productive, I'm not even kidding!
You're about to get the inside scoop on our favorite apps that save time, money, and sanity, plus some of our favorite iPhone hacks, and a few other tricks that we keep up our sleeves. (And no, this post isn't sponsored!)
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
All the while, I'm working extra hard to continue to find balance between my phone and real life. So watch all the tips we share in the video below, then keep scrolling to see a few ways that I'm working to UNPLUG more and find balance with that dang, beautiful, handheld pile of treasure.
Don't forget that I post new videos every week on my YouTube channel, so be sure to subscribe! Also, be sure to follow me on Instagram and Facebook because we've always got a party going on over there!
Alright already. Let's get to the goods!
Check out the video online HERE or click and watch all about my favorite iPhone hacks and tips below:
Pretty nifty, right?! I've summarized my favorite iPhone hacks, apps and tips that will help you be more productive in your life!
IPHONE HACKS TO HELP WITH PRODUCTIVITY
What? Yes, you read that right. Your phone can actually help you be productive throughout your day! Use these hacks and watch your life change before your eyes.
- Text Replacement – Stop typing the same things every day! This will save your sanity and you'll find that you will have more time to yourself.
- Use a Timer – All you need is 5, 10, or 15 minutes to power through SO MUCH. Set a timer on your phone and focus on doing that one thing while the timer is running until it goes off. This works great for tidying rooms, cleaning the house, and more!
- Set Alarms – Set an alarm for EVERYTHING! Waking up, picking up kids from school, starting dinner prep, even going to bed! But don't set the alarm for when you need to BE somewhere, set it early. I try to set an alarm for 30 minutes early, 3 days early, and 3 weeks early (for those things that I really need to remember, like a doctor's appointment or something like that).
- Keep a Digital Calendar – As you've probably seen when we plan our year in advance, we are all about keeping a digital calendar! It's so easy for each of us to keep up with what the other has going on and you don't have to worry about not knowing what's going on if you lose a paper planner. You can either use Google Calendars or the Calendar app by Apple.
- Set Reminders – This is similar to setting an alarm, but did you know you can use the Reminders app by Apple to remind you of something when you're at a certain location? Remind yourself to return the books to the library when you get in your car, or to let your parents know you got home after a long trip.
Oh man, those have literally turned my world upside down, in a good way! Start doing those and never look back.
OTHER IPHONE HACKS YOU DON'T WANNA MISS
If your phone is in your hand, you might as well make the best of it and use it to the best of its ability. Here are a few other hacks that you might not know about…
- Easily Access Photos and Attachments from a Text – Tired of scrolling through your texts to find a picture or attachment that was sent to you a few days ago? Quickly see photos and attachments from a text chain by clicking the picture at the top of the text and hitting the info button. Scroll down and you can see all the images shared in that conversation. You're welcome. 😉
- Cover a Cracked Screen – If you have a cracked screen but you're not quite ready to replace your phone, cover it with packing tape! It will keep the cracks together and tide you over until you can replace it. The screen will still be sensitive to touch and it has worked well for me when I've had to do this in the past!
- Guided Access – It never fails when you give a kid your phone, they're going to delete something or get into things that you don't want them on. Start using Guided Access and never worry about that again! It's definitely one of the best parenting-related iPhone hacks out there! Go to Settings, Accessibility, then Guided Access to find it and turn it on.
- Send Secret Messages – If you like to send your sweetie lovey dovey messages but you're afraid of your kids seeing them on the iPad or Mac (or someone having their phone hooked up during a meeting and an unexpected message popping up on the screen!), start sending secret messages over Facebook Messenger. They're encrypted from device to device, so you can only access it from your phone.
Pretty good, right?!
THE BEST APPS FOR IPHONE
Okay, on to our favorite apps that we use on the daily on our phones!
- Evernote – This is my favorite way to keep my grocery list and Christmas gift lists!
- Security System – We now have Vivint, but the key takeaway from the video is to have whatever security system on your phone so you can easily access your cameras to look at.
- Day One Journal – A fun and easy way to journal if you don't like to carry a physical journal around with you. You can upload pictures and even print books from it!
- Chatbooks – Such an easy way to create memory books! Just pull your posts from Instagram, easy peasy!
- Sound Touch – My favorite kid app that is totally worth the money!
- PicTapGo – The best photo editing app!
- Audible Audiobooks & Podcasts – I'm definitely a fan of holding a physical book in my hand to read, but sometimes that just isn't possible. Audible is a great way to still get my books in while driving or cleaning around the house. Use that link to get one free audiobook, 2 free Audible originals & a 30 day free trial!
- Google Drive – This is a convenient way to keep up with any Google Documents or Sheets.
- Heads Up! – Our favorite game!
- Shazam – I use this almost daily. When I hear a song playing that I love, I push SHAZAM and it tells me the song, artist, and where I can find the song.
- BYUTV – I love BYUTV because all the programming is family-friendly. We usually stream the shows right from the app to watch on the go.
- Sing Along Hymns – If you are LDS, this is my favorite app to keep my kids occupied while playing primary songs. Works great if you work in the nursery on Sundays!
- Uber – The only way I do transportation anymore when I'm traveling! (Use that link to get $2 off each of your first 3 Uber rides when you sign up!)
FOOD AND STORE APPS
- Cafe Rio – If you've ever visited Cafe Rio, then I don't have to explain myself for this one. 😉
- McDonald's – They actually have great daily deals in the app!
- Burger King – So do they!
- Hometown Values – This is great for local Utahns to find good deals around town.
- Target – Don't even think about going into Target without using this!
- Amazon – Ummm, you all should know that I love Amazon so much, I've made my own store on there!
- Rakuten – I always shop through this app to get CASH BACK on purchases! Use that link to get $10 off the first $25 spent.
- Flipp – Amazing grocery app!
- Costco – I use it when I shop at Costco. Shows you the deals, sales, and rebates right on your phone!
- Other Money Saving Apps – I use a lot more money saving apps, so be sure to check those out!
You'll be surprised at how much money you'll save by using those apps!
Alright, here are a few products that I can't live without when it comes to my phone. Start using these and you'll never go back!
- A Good Case – Between me and my 10,000 kids, my phone is dropped a lot. Having a good case and screen protector on it is a sure fire way to keep it safe and free from cracks when the inevitable fall happens!
- A Way to Hold the Phone – A Loopy Case (Use code FUN10 for 10% off) or PopSocket is the way to go! Loopys are great for hanging on the outside of your hand when they're full and you don't have any pockets to put your phone in. PopSockets are great if you watch a lot of videos on your phone because you can prop it on it's side. (I would highly recommend gluing the PopSocket to your phone case if you go that route, I've heard of them falling off before.) Choose what's more important to you and go for it!
- Sound Amplifier – Sometimes we like our music to be loud! We'll play it through our large speaker in the kitchen or a small travel speaker. Did you know that you can also use a large bowl or cup to amplify the sound from your speakers? Or even put your phone in the corner of a counter and that'll do the same trick, no speaker needed!
- Nato Mount – We love these so much because they allow you to be totally hands-free in your car. (Which is why they made it in my car must-haves list!)
- Smartphone Sanitizer and Charger – Have you ever thought about how gross your phone can get? That's why we use this 2-in-1 sanitizer and charger to keep our phones clean!
Really, we can't live without these!
PRODUCTIVITY BOOT CAMP
For those who could use even more tips and help with your productivity, then it's time for you to check out Productivity Boot Camp! It's just about the most fun online video program that you'll ever come across!
Doesn't that sound like so much fun?! Use the code FCFBLOG for 10% off because I love ya! 😉
So there you have it! Hopefully those are a few tips to make your phone more productive in your life. What are your favorite apps? There were SO MANY I missed in the video, so be sure to share yours below!
Don't miss out on these posts!
- We've compiled a list of the best budgeting and money management apps to make your life easier.
- Use these 12 apps to earn money on the side!
- Wanna see how a day in the life of a productivity expert goes?
Now if you don't mind, I need to go lose myself for hours in a rip-roaring game of Sudoku…