Everyone has a go-to meal; one that they can make in a flash, they usually have the ingredients on-hand, it’s quick, easy, cheap, and tastes good. What’s yours?
It’s seriously the easiest thing ever, and tastes delish. I made it the other day and I thought I’d share with you how I make it! There is really no recipe involved, so I’ll show you how to throw whatever you have into a pot to make it taste great!
P.S…the best part is that this can be made on the stove, or made in the crockpot. Both methods are below.
Here’s the stove-top version:
- Ground beef
- (I stock up on this when it’s on sale, cook most of it up, and freeze it in [roughly] 1lb bags. That way it’s already cooked and ready to simply throw in, no cooking needed!
- (I buy the huge bags from Costco and leave them in my fridge. They last for-e-ver!)
- (I also stock up on this when it’s on sale, fresh or canned. With fresh I just cook it, cut it off the cob, and freeze it in ziplock bags. See here. I use canned this time but fresh tastes great too.)
- (I use kidney and black usually. I love buying these by the case during case lot sales so I always have lots of them on-hand.)
- Taco Seasoning
- (This is clutch in Taco Soup. I buy the big containers from Costco, but you could also buy the little envelopes when they are on sale.)
- Cilantro (optional)
- (I don’t always have this on-hand, but when I do I like to throw some in the soup. I also chop some to go on top of the soup when it’s served.)
- Your favorite taco toppings
- (Sour cream, cheese, crushed tortilla chips, cilantro, red onion, green onion, peppers, lime, etc.)