This loaded baked potato soup recipe is sure to be a family favorite during the cold weather! It's super easy and super delicious.
The other day on Instagram stories I showed a FAVORITE soup at our house. This Loaded Baked Potato Soup recipe is not only incredibly quick and easy to toss together, but it's an extremely affordable meal as well! (Hashtag, WIN-WIN.) It's the perfect shelf cooking recipe since it uses things you most likely have on-hand, and is also a great way to use up leftover baked potatoes! Plus, creamy soup is the ultimate comfort food so this soup is basically as functional as a Swiss Army Knife.
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
I promised to share the recipe with you, and I only have a few minutes before Baby McEwan needs me, so I'm going to cut the fluff, and cut to the chase!
Here's how you make it…
BAKED POTATO SOUP INGREDIENTS
- 6 cups potatoes, diced (can use leftover baked potatoes. Can keep peels on or off.)
- 1 small onion, diced
- Chicken bouillon seasoning (I prefer “Better Than Bouillon” base)
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup flour
- 6 cups milk
- 2 cans corn
- Seasonings to taste (Salt, pepper, onion powder, ranch seasoning)
- 1 cup sour cream
- Real bacon bits to taste (or bacon, browned and crumbled)
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Parsley or chives for garnish
- In a small pot, add diced potatoes and onions. Add water until potatoes are just covered. Stir in bouillon. Bring to a boil, boil until potatoes are tender. (If using baked potatoes, boil the onions first for a few minutes to get them soft, then add the baked potatoes just for 1-2 minutes to get them warm and softened.)
- Meanwhile, in a large stock pot, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour until smooth and thick. Gradually stir in milk 1 cup at a time, whisking constantly until thickened. Stir in potato & onion mixture, and the corn. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer. Add salt, pepper, and additional seasonings to taste. I like to add a little onion powder and about 2T ranch seasoning.
- Stir in sour cream and bacon (I added about ⅓ C, just add however much you’d like), top each bowl with cheddar cheese and pinch of parsley or chives for a pretty garnish. Serve with rolls or crusty bread, and enjoy!
LOADED BAKED POTATO SOUP RECIPE
This recipe is so delicious, you'll be drooling at the mouth by the time that it's done cooking!
Loaded Baked Potato Soup Recipe
- 6 Cups Potatoes, Diced
- 1 Onion, Diced
- 1 Tbsp Chicken Bouillon Seasoning
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 6 Cups Milk
- 2 Cans Corn, Drained
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/3 Cup Bacon Bits
- Salt, To Taste
- Pepper, To Taste
- Onion Powder, To Taste
- 2 Tbsp Ranch Dressing Seasoning
- 1/2 Cup Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- In a small pot, add diced potatoes and onions. Add water until potatoes are just covered. Stir in bouillon.
- Bring to a boil. Boil until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large stock pot, melt butter over medium heat.
- Whisk in flour until smooth and thick.
- Gradually stir in milk 1 cup at a time, whisking constantly until thickened.
- Stir in the drained potato & onion mixture and the corn.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer.
- Add salt, pepper, and additional seasonings to taste.
- Stir in sour cream and bacon.
- Serve in bowls and top with cheddar cheese and parsley or chives for garnish.
See! Easy peasy, right? Give this a try and let me know if your family loves it as much as mine! Just don't stress out so much about the recipe. It really is fail-proof. Just add ingredients until it tastes good and POOF. There you go!
…now if you don't mind, gotta get back to snuggling this peanut <3
Have you checked out ShelfCooking.com yet? Our brand new site is dedicated to helping you cook delicious, nutritious and budget-friendly meals for your family without slaving away in the kitchen!
Basically every parent's dream, right? Join our Shelf Cooking Community today!