Howdy Freebs! As you've probably guessed by now, I'm a big fan of quick and easy recipes, especially those using ingredients you likely already have on-hand. Today's is no exception! All you need is about 5 minutes to make the batter, and 15 minutes to bake and BOOM. Cornbread from scratch, that even I can do.
5-Minute Cornbread (from scratch!)
This quick and easy side goes with so many dishes! I promise you won't be disappointed.
Get your printable recipe HERE
- 1C flour
- 3/4C cornmeal
- 2-3T sugar
- 2 1/2t Baking powder
- 3/4t salt
- 1T butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1C milk
- 1/4C oil or melted butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl stir together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside,
- Add the 1T butter to a 9” baking pan. Place in oven for a few minutes until it melts, then swirl the pan around so the melted butter coats the bottom of the pan.
- Meanwhile, combine eggs, milk and oil in a small bowl.
- Add egg mixture all at once to the flour mixture. Stir until just moistened.
- Pour batter into baking pan, bake for 15 mins or until wooden toothpick comes out clean.
- Cut into wedges, serve warm with honey.
Ready for my terrible, dark, ugly cell phone pictures? Enjoy!
Hey, it's about the cornbread and not the pics, alright??
Again, get your printable recipe HERE
This is a perfect shelf cooking recipe! So get out that old box of corn meal, and have yourself a grand ol' time.
Happy eating 🙂