Get those headphones ready, because we've curated the ultimate list of podcasts to go to for your next binge-listening session. Whether you're commuting, working out, or just unwinding, there's bound to be a new podcast series to dive into on this list of your recommendations!
Welcome back to this week's blog post in our Freebs Community Collective series. This weekly series is where we share life hacks, tips, advice, favorites and recommendations on a topic of your choice. Each Monday, we share the topic of the week over on Instagram (follow here!) for you to submit your answers! As always, we will share your responses as well as Jordan Page's and the entire Page Company team's responses. Come back every week to join the fun!
This week you wanted to know what everyone's favorite PODCASTS are! And wow, our community had the best list of new series that we can't wait to add to our playlist! We've compiled them and put them into categories: True Crime, Self Development, Parenthood & Lifestyle, Educational, and Just Entertaining!
JORDAN PAGE'S FAVORITE PODCASTS
- I'll start with my all-around favorite podcast. Every day I listen to Don't Miss This. It's a scripture-study podcast, and this year we are studying the new testament.
- For True Crime, I like Dateline NBC even though it is a little old school. Technically this is called a “Showcast” since it is the audio-versions of the Dateline NBC tv shows. There are hundreds of episodes, with compelling true-crime mysteries and in-depth investigations wit iconic voices of the Dateline hosts.
- Another true crime goodie is CounterClock. “In order to tell the story of a crime, you have to turn back time.”
- Kid Podcasts: Stories and The Past and the Curious are both family favorites!
- Lastly my whole family loves the Imagined Life/Whose Amazing Life series by Wondery. They basically walk you through the life of a real, famous person. But they tell the story as if you are the famous person and they don't tell you who the person is until the very end. They have a kids version and an adult version, and my kids love listening and trying to guess who the person is.
THE PAGE COMPANY TEAM'S FAVORITE PODCASTS
Our team loves sharing a new podcast finds with each other, and now we get to share them with you too! Here are some of our current favorites:
- The Chris Loves Julia podcast was my favorite for a long time – They stopped recording a while ago, but still fun to listen through the episodes. It's a hodgepodge of interior design advice, quirky life stories, and some insightful life lessons – just feels like your chatting with good friends 🙂
- Eat With Confidence – Two dietitians diving into how to have a healthy relationship with food. I like their data-based yet fun and conversational approach to talking about a sometimes touchy subject! They also stopped producing episodes, but there are over 200 to listen to.
- Murder with my Husband: A true crime podcast that ventures into the darkest crimes with a wife who loves it and a husband who hates it.
- Struggle Care Podcast: a show about learning how to accomplish care tasks—and being kind to yourself—when you have functional barriers.
- Dave and Deb on Z104: Utah's #1 Country Radio Station now has a podcast version of their live show.
- Lore: an award-winning, critically-acclaimed podcast about true life scary stories. Lore exposes the darker side of history, exploring the creatures, people, and places of our wildest nightmares.
- The Daily: This is how the news should sound. Twenty minutes a day, five days a week from The New York Times.
- The Papaya Podcast: a weekly show where your host, Sarah Nicole, dishes out some sweetness mixed in with some seeds of wisdom. Get ready to get inspired
- Asian Boss Girl: this show's mission is for everyday Asian women to feel heard, seen and connected.
- Oprah's Super Soul: delivers insight and inspiration from renowned thought leaders to awaken viewers to their best selves and discover a deeper connection to the world around them. Each week, enjoy mind-nourishing conversations between Oprah and top thinkers, authors and spiritual luminaries.
- The Goal Digger Podcast with Jenna Kutcher: The live-workshop style business podcast that is helping thousands redefine success and chase bold dreams. You can train with the experts on how to dig in, do the work, and tackle your biggest goals along the way.
- 3 in 30 for Moms with Rachel Nielson: Helping you feel more like yourself within your motherhood, because when you're managing the needs of your entire family, it's easy to get lost!
- The 1,000 Hours Outside Podcast: Every year this project aims to match their time in nature with the average amount of American kid screen time (which is currently 1200 hours per year). Have a goal. Track your time outside. Take back childhood.
- Faith Matters: aims to create a space in which an expansive, radiant approach to the restored gospel can be considered and discussed.
- Conversations with Dr. Jennifer (Finlayson-Fife): Dr. Jennifer is sought out by many podcasters for her expertise on relationships, sexuality, and spirituality.
- Life with Loverly: conversations with the content creator behind the fashion and lifestyle blog Loverly Grey; a southern mom with inspiration for everything from game day outfits to childhood traditions.
- Scamanda: the twisty true story of a woman who starts a blog detailing her cancer journey and becomes an inspiration. Until one day an investigative producer gets an anonymous tip to look at Amanda’s blog, uncovering a shocking secret that Amanda has been keeping.
- Moms on Call: Simple, sensible parenting resources to sleep, feed, laugh and love birth through toddlerhood.
FREEB COMMUNITY RECOMENDATIONS
Here are the podcasts that YOU sent us through Instagram! Thanks for sending in such amazing suggestions, this is such a great resource to use next time we need something new to listen to!
TRUE CRIME PODCASTS
- True Crime Society: In this casual and conversational podcast, the hosts breakdown timelines and go over the most popular (and sometimes ridiculous) theories of the current true crimes taking the internet by storm.
- Crime Junkie: a weekly true crime podcast about whatever crime the host has been obsessing over that week, in a way that sounds like you’re sitting around talking crime with your best friends.
- Stephenville: Best-selling author Bryan Burrough returns to his small-town Texas roots to explore a murder case that went cold for nearly two decades, armed with the newly discovered diary of the killer himself.
- Something Was Wrong: true-crime docuseries about the discovery, trauma, and recovery from shocking life events and abusive relationships.
- The Retrievals: Dozens of women seeking to become mothers came to a fertility clinic at Yale. A five-part narrative series explores the shocking events that occurred there.
- Moms and Mysteries: Melissa and Mandy have connected over their fascination with true crime, a subject they’ve each been interested in since childhood. Their hope is that by sharing both stories and resources with their audience, listeners will be better equipped if they find themselves in a dangerous situation.
- Wife of Crime: After having numerous debates and sometimes weird convos about true crime, this New York husband and wife duo decided to record it for your listening pleasure.
- Up and Vanished: Season 1 explored the 2005 disappearance of beauty queen and high school teacher Tara Grinstead from her home in Ocilla, Georgia. The cold case was the largest case file in the Georgia Bureau of Investigation’s history, with no arrests in 11 years.
- Your Own Backyard: A documentary podcast series investigating the 1996 disappearance of Cal Poly student, Kristin Smart.
- S Town: a reporter investigates the son of a wealthy family who’s allegedly been bragging that he got away with murder. But then someone else ends up dead, sparking a nasty feud, a hunt for hidden treasure, and an unearthing of the mysteries of one man’s life.
- Dr. Death: A story about a charming surgeon named Christopher Duntsch, 33 patients and a spineless system that failed to protect them.
- Going West: Each episode covers a different United States based case regarding disappearances, murders, and unsolved mysteries.
- True Crime with Kendall Rae: Kendall Rae is a true-crime content creator on YouTube who has used her platform to spread awareness for victims and their families.
- Killer Psyche: retired FBI agent Candice DeLong draws on her decades of experience to reveal WHY murderers and criminals committed their acts.
- Morbid: a true crime, creepy history and all things spooky podcast hosted by an autopsy technician and a hairstylist.
- National Parks After Dark: People from all over the world are visiting National Parks in record numbers, and for good reason! But with more and more people entering our parks, more and more of them – never leave.
- Sword and Scale: covers the underworld of criminal activity and the demented minds that perform the most despicable and unthinkable actions.
- Court Junkie: Using audio from trials, court documents, and interviews, we focus on the facts of one true crime case per episode
PARENTING & LIFESTYLE
- The Mom Hour: The Mom Hour has connected parents from all over the world to a message they’re desperate to hear: It’s all going to be OK.
- Couple Things: A podcast all about couples and the things they go through with American Olympic Gymnast Shawn Johnson and her husband Andrew.
- Get Your Marriage On: a Christian-based marriage podcast aimed at helping you increase your intimacy, connection and romance in your relationship.
- Wellness Mama: A weekly podcast series covering the health topics of real food, stress, sleep, fitness, toxins, natural living, and much more to give you actionable steps to improve your family’s health.
- Table Talk for Moms: this podcast aims to help you feel encouragement, joy, and to find community and sisterhood. Interviews with inspiring professionals and deep-dives into the exact things you’re struggling with.
- Birds on a Wire: a weekly podcast that equips moms with practical, biblical advice on everything from toddler discipline to teenage dating, and beyond!
- The Carpool: a dose of entertaining and lighthearted conversation, games, and auto-industry news while they navigate life as business partners, best friends, and sisters.
- Katie's Crib: covers all the joy, struggle, and hilarity of new motherhood; frank, intimate conversations with fellow moms about the ups and downs of being a new parent plus experts to help put things into perspective.
- The Dumb Dads Podcast: Comedians Kevin Laferriere and Evan Kyle Berger are just a couple of dads trying to have a little fun along the way.
- Now That We're A Family: aims to provide resources and opportunities to tie heart strings with a light-hearted approach to intentionally strengthening family bonds.
- Better Than Happy: Hosted by Judy Moore who provides life coaching with LDS values.
- We Can Do Hard Things: an open conversation about the hard parts of life, so we can all live a little bit lighter and braver, more free and less alone.
- The Mel Robbins Podcast: motivation and tactics you need plus deeply personal stories, relatable topics and tactical, research-backed advice to help you create a better life.
- The Rachel Hollis Podcast: it’s a bit of everything: celebrity interviews, personal development, spirituality, health, weenie dogs, you name it!
- The Lazy Genius: this is about being a genius about the things that matter and lazy about the things that don't. It is a way of living.
- Clutterbug: shares home organizing tips, tricks and advice to help you kick clutter to the curb for good.
- Here's Where It Gets Interesting: stories from America that didn't make it into the history books; the podcast shares insights about history, culture, and politics, and inspire us to grow into more thoughtful, well-informed citizens.
- followHim: a weekly podcast dedicated to helping individuals and families to come unto Christ with the Come Follow Me Curriculum.
- Live Free: this podcast will give you tangible business advice along with inspiring interviews to help you create a life and career that works for YOU and YOUR family.
- Stuff You Missed in History Class: the greatest and strangest stories from history that didn't make it into your classroom studies.
- Currently Reading: a podcast dedicated to the love of books and reading. Bookish friends discuss what’s on their nightstands, in their earbuds, and on their Kindles right now.
- Pantry Chat: Josh and Carolyn bring you practical knowledge on how to Grow, Cook, Preserve and Thrive on your homestead, whether you are in a city apartment or on 40 acres in the country.
- The Way I Heard It with Mike Rowe: from pop culture to politics, history to Hollywood, each mystery is a trueish tale about someone you know, filled with facts that you don’t. A person or event isn't revealed under the very end of the story.
- Stuff You Should Know: over 1,500 episodes about everything you ever wanted to know about champagne, the Stonewall Uprising, chaos theory, LSD, El Nino, Rosa Parks, and everything in between.
- Office Ladies: The Office co-stars and best friends, Jenna Fischer and Angela Kinsey, are doing the ultimate The Office re-watch podcast for you. Each week, Jenna and Angela will break down an episode of The Office and give exclusive behind-the-scene stories that only two people who were there, can tell you.
- Whine Down with Jana Kramer: an advice podcast that seeks to help you wind down and decompress at the end of a long day with a good friend.
- The Unplanned Podcast with Matt & Abby: Schedules? We don't know them…. Five-year plan? NOPE! Guests and interviews about real life weekly!
- The Holderness Family Podcast: we share the real-life ups and downs of living together, working together, raising kids together, in what we hope is a funny and entertaining way.
- Blurry Creatures: a Christian Paranormal show exploring Giants, Bigfoot, Megaliths, Aliens, Ufos, Dimensions, Missing 411 through a biblical lens.
- Roots and Refuge: a place that feels like home. A small farm with a big family, covering all things gardening, farming, family, DIY, and now opening a coffee shop.
- Coffee Convos: two reality stars come from totally different worlds, but have become close through their shared experiences as mothers, reality stars, and women. They share who they really are and talk about the issues they face every day.
- My Therapist Ghosted Me: invites listeners into candid and hilariously comedic conversations, as Vogue and Joanne dissect and explore the depths of each other’s unique and often unheard-of issues, as well as encouraging listeners to get in touch with their own questions and personal experiences.
- Diary of a CEO: an unfiltered journey into the remarkable stories and untold dimensions of the world’s most influential people, experts and thinkers.
There you have it! Whether you're seeking laughter, knowledge, inspiration, or just some good old-fashioned nostalgia, these podcasts are your ultimate binge-worthy companions. So, grab your earbuds, curl up in your favorite cozy corner, and get ready to dive into a world of captivating conversations. Happy binge-listening! 🎧✨