Chocolate covered strawberries are the perfect romantic treat! Save buckets of money by making them yourself. Just don't be surprised by how quickly they go!
Last year on my Instagram Stories I shared how to make chocolate covered strawberries, and y'all went BONKERS over it! Is it just me or does nothing say Valentine's Day more than chocolate covered strawberries? They are not only a classic V-Day treat, that also one of Bubba's favorites of all time. But, let's be straight here, if you are buying them from a store you're basically dipping into your emergency fund to do so. They can be so dang expensive! $3+ for a tiny strawberry? I think not.
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
All you need are 2 ingredients and a few minutes to make your own for a FRACTION of the cost.
Here's how you do it…
TIPS FOR MAKING CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRIES
All you need to make your chocolate covered strawberries are a handful of ingredients that you can find at any grocery store and a little bit of time, which makes it the perfect project for anyone looking for some last minute ideas!
ALL ABOUT THE FRUIT
You'll need to clean and dry your berries before dipping them. Be sure to get them all the way dry so that the chocolate will coat the strawberry better! The colder the strawberry is, the better the chocolate will stick and harden. So don't be afraid to throw them back in the fridge after washing and drying the while you're getting the rest of your ingredients ready.
The same goes for any other type of fruit that you choose to use! Raspberries and bananas are also great options to use if you're running low on strawberries or have people in your house who aren't fans of them.
CHOCOLATE AND TOPPINGS
You can use pretty much any type of chocolate to make your chocolate covered strawberries! Dark chocolate, milk chocolate, white chocolate, whatever suits your fancy.
You can even dip them in dark chocolate and then drizzle white chocolate on top of them that make them extra fancy! Pop them on a white serving tray and you'll look extra fancy! There are also a few other toppings that will make them a little extra. Crushed nuts are always a plus for those nut-lovers out there! Sprinkles are fun to make them extra festive and the kids always get excited when they see the pretty sprinkles on them.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRIES
Are you ready for the most delicious things that you'll ever make?!
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Melting Chocolate
- Additional Toppings, optional
- Clean and dry your berries.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl for 60 seconds. Stir. Continue microwaving in 15 -20 second increments, stirring each time, until completely melted. Be careful not to let it burn.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Hold the leafy top of the strawberry or use a bamboo skewer to dip it in the chocolate and roll it to coat completely.
- Roll in, or sprinkle on, optional toppings before the chocolate hardens.
- Drizzle white chocolate on top for added pizzaz.
- Place on cookie sheet and chill the coated strawberries in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Store in the fridge until ready to eat.
Keep in mind that they'll only last in the fridge for a maximum of like 2 days before they start going mushy. But really, do they ever last that long?!
There you have it! A fabulous Valentine's Day (or any ‘ole day) treat that won't break your budget. Plus, since they are made with strawberries, let's just go ahead and call them healthy.
What is your favorite Valentine's Day treat? Let us know in the comments!
Have you checked out ShelfCooking.com yet? Our brand new site is dedicated to helping you cook delicious, nutritious and budget-friendly meals for your family without slaving away in the kitchen!
Basically every parent's dream, right? Join our Shelf Cooking Community today!
Looking for more great ideas?
- We have some great Valentine's Day party ideas that won't break the budget!
- Learn about the different love languages and ways to show love to your spouse in the way that they want to receive it!
- Come see that time that I threw together a Valentine's Day party in like 5 minutes!
Happy LOVE DAY!