Oh hi, disaster of a kitchen. On Instagram I asked you Freebs what you'd like to see/hear from me. It's interesting how many of you have asked about how I keep my house “clean” lately. Thus, I'm going to make an effort to show you how I stay on top of the messes and keep my house clean. Though, disclaimer, “clean” is a bit of a loaded word because…
- 1) I am NOT a clean freak and I'm not naturally very good at cleaning,
- 2) There is no such thing as spotless with kids around
- 3) I like my house picked up and tidy and I try my best.
The other week we hosted a giant neighborhood party and had a DISASTROUS kitchen leftover as a result.
I only had 20 minutes to clean it, so I turned on my camera and thought I'd show you how I do it! It's not perfect and I didn't get to everything, but it gets the job done and allows me to then move on and focus on other things.
You may or may not know that I have committed to myself to do a video every Thursday on my YouTube channel. Be sure to subscribe and turn your YouTube notifications on so you don't miss any of my videos! I won't always post them here on the blog. That being, said, here's how I speed-clean my kitchen for anyone who cares!
Watch the video online or click and watch below:
There you have it! It's not rocket science, but I wanted to share the concept of speed-cleaning with you. It's not perfect, I didn't deep-clean anything, but by speed cleaning I'm starting my area with a clean slate. Everyone can find a quick 10, 15, or 20 minutes in their day, so look for those opportunities to do a fast and furious clean, and it will free up your time to do other things.
Since I know you're curious, here are some of the things shown in the video:
- My favorite electric broom – only $30 something and it's AMAZING!
- My “block party” bluetooth disco ball speaker
- I clean my surfaces with a mixture of 1 part vinegar 3 or 4 parts water in a spray bottle (I don't measure, I just eyeball).
- I usually clean my floors with (an old version of) this steamer
Now that I'm doing videos every Thursday, I need your help! What videos would you like to see? All of my posts and videos come back to saving you time and/or money, allowing you to do more with your life. What kind of videos/posts would YOU like to see? Let me know and I'll get to work!
Have a great weekend, Freebs –