I recently did a post on my must-have baby essentials; the things I keep stocked in every room when we are in baby-mode. Many of you asked for more info on what my favorite baby products and gadgets are for baby Mory, so I figured…well…if you aren't sick of baby talk yet, neither am I! So today I'm sharing my ultimate mega-list of all those cool gadgets, products, and baby doo-dads that you've seen in the background of my Instagram pictures, vlogs, and even in the reflection of some of my live videos (you guys are clever!). So let's get on with it, here are…
MY FAVORITE BABY PRODUCTS AND GADGETS!
First up…my secrets to getting my baby to sleep well.
I must admit, I have been lucky with good sleepers. It took some trial and error (hey, I do have 5 kids after all, lots of practice).
- Top of my essentials list is my white noise machine, and a good routine. I use the machine for every one of my kids and we pack them with us everywhere we go when we travel.
- I'm also a big fan of muslin Swaddles when the babies are tiny. I was given several of these muslin swaddles from aden+anais. I love that they are lightweight and breathable, and BIG. I not only use them to swaddle baby at night, but I use them to help the baby sleep well in her carseat. I tuck it down across her lap, pinning her arms to her sides. Keeps her snug and happy in her car seat, she will sleep as long as I need her to when on the go! They are big so they double as awesome carseat covers, nursing covers, and stroller blankets too (also emergency changing pads… truth.). I get my use out of these blankets for sure.
- I will say though, now that Mory doesn't care to be swaddled when sleeping, I've shifted to a Halo SleepSack and love it. I know it keeps her warm all night, without worrying about her getting tangled up in blankets.
- I was also given this muslin poppy sheet from Little Unicorn and it is the most beautiful sheet in the history of ever! Not sure how durable it is yet, but it sure passes with flying colors in the cute department.
Now, one of my favorite baby items EVER…
- The DreamPod from KidCo. I got it during an Amazon flash sale for around $60 (regularly $130-ish). I LOVE THIS THING. It's a tiny travel bassinet that's perfect for traveling (who wants to lug a giant pack-n-play around when your baby is a newborn??), and I like to scoot it around my main floor and use it to keep Mory safe (and near me) during the day.
We put felt pads on the feet so it can slide all around our main floor without scratching up the wood. I took part of a broken play mat and stuck it inside the bed so Mory has something to play with and look at. I love that she's off the floor and out of harm's way! I have a crib wedge (similar to this one) in the bed as well, to keep her at a slight angle in case she spits up.
* * * *
My favorite products for traveling aren't just for baby, but for the whole family traveling WITH the baby!
- Firstly, the Bubblebum Booster saves me. We couldn't fit 3 carseats in a row in our car and weren't sure what to do. My SIL told me about the BubbleBum and it's GENIUS! It's an inflatable booster seat. The fact that it's inflatable allows it to squeeze between carseats, while still passing all the safety ratings. It's perfect for travel too because it deflates and folds up into a suitcase. I have two, so I can use them for carpool.
- As for the ultimate travel must-have, the award goes to my swagger wagon. Many of you have asked what we drive. Cross my heart, I love my Toyota Sienna minivan more than words can say. I am a definite minivan convert!
We had a Toyota to trade in (thanks to the inexpensive lease we took over from someone who wanted out of theirs, as explained in THIS POST) and thought we wanted an SUV. But NOTHING could fit us, our car seats, and even Poor Chubby Ollie but our van. We ended up getting it brand new (for the first time ever!) because, believe it or not, it ended up SAVING us money! We got 0% interest for 5 years, so we will be able to pay off the van without paying a dime of interest. We couldn't find a used (quality) one, not even from the East Coast, that would've saved us as much.
- Another must-have is my iPad Travel Case. We don't have a DVD player in our van (which I actually regret, believe it or not.) You've seen this case highlighted a lot in my daily Vlogs. I like it because it slides on the back of my headrest in the car, so the kids can all see a movie when I need a moment to nurse the baby in the front seat, or even to save my LIFE when I've got lots of kids at the busy post office.
And it sure doesn't hurt when it provides cute photo-ops like this one…
Now for my most favorite baby gadget of all time…my green pod thingie!
SO MANY OF YOU have asked me about this, I can't keep track any more. Here's the story…
- It's called a Phil & Teds Cocoon. It's technically an attachment to my Phil & Ted's jogging stroller (similar to this one). Since I don't jog (Me? Jog? No thanks…).
I've had it for YEARS and I use it more like a modern Moses Basket! I use it EVERYWHERE I GO. No joke. At church, at friend's houses, I even use it at blogging events. Basically anywhere I don't want to lug a huge carseat around. She stays protected, sleeps great, and I can even change her diaper in there so she's not lying on the gross floor. It's GREAT.
Here's the sad part…they don't actually make and sell these anymore. You can find a few on Amazon still, but otherwise, you're outta luck. The good news? Bubba and I are in the process of manufacturing our own version of the modern moses basket! True story! It may take a little while to come to market, but don't you worry, we are working to bring you an updated twist on a serious must-have. So STAY TUNED!!
* * * *
- This may seem funny but one of my mom faves is a cute trucker hat! I just have too many days where I need to throw my hair in a ponytail or braid, and call it good. This #MomLife hat I got from Zulily and I LOVE IT. Cents of Style wants to help you rock more put-together ponytail looks, and is offering an exclusive discount, just for us! You can head here and pick your favorite trucker hat for $10.95 and free shipping with code: FUNHATS at checkout!
- It's no secret that I LOVE my Lily Jade diaper bag! It holds all the essentials and then some, and I never feel like I'm carrying around a bag made for a baby. It's chic, classic, and I take it everywhere! If you want to read more about my bag, check out my What's in my Diaper Bag, and What's in my Hospital Bag posts to get the full scoop.
- It's not fancy, but I prefer my manual breast pump to a fancy electric pump. The electric one just wasn't producing results! My darn body just doesn't like it. The hand pump is nice because I can feed on one side and pump on the other, and I can also pack it with me easily.
- In terms of nursing covers – shameless plug – but my Bomb Shelter Baby Nursing Cover is a definite essential for me! It's a full 360-degree cover with sleeves, so you can stay covered while still being able to use your hands. Good news…new designs coming soon so I'm clearancing out the remaining covers! BombShelterBaby.com
- I've become a huge fan of the Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer. I've been battling dark circles under my eyes and I'm super impressed with the coverage!
- Many of you have been asking about the camera I've been using for my vlogs. It's a Canon G7X, and it's UH-MAY-ZING! I hadn't bought a new camera in almost 7 years, since I bought my first DSLR…and I'll take the G7X all day long compared to a DSLR. It's a small hand-held and the quality is legitimately professional. So much easier to grab and go than my DSLR that was just to bulky to carry around! I love love love love love it.
* * * *
- The Baby Cubby is a local store that generously gave me a bunch of products to try. They recommended the 4Moms RockaRoo swing for Mory. I like that it's small and easy to pack around, and I love that it plugs in! My other one ran on batteries and it was obnoxious! One thing to note about The Baby Cubby is they will price-match Amazon prices so if you find it cheaper on Amazon, just let them know!
- The Baby Cubby also gave me an Ubbi Diaper Pail. I was skeptical because of the price but it is – hands down – one of the best baby items ever. I don't know how, but it DOESN'T STINK! It's a miracle worker!
- Anyone else worry about how well baby is breathing through the night during those first few months? Have you heard of the Owlet? It is a sock that slips over baby's foot to monitor their oxygen and heart rate while sleeping from your smart phone! It gives this anxious mom peace of mind, I can tell you that!
- The illusive disappearing pacifier… does anyone else suffer from this phenomenon? Lucky for me, I was introduced to Leather for Littles, and her braided pacifier clips are gorgeous, and functional! I keep one clipped on Mory throughout the day so I know her binky is just an arm's reach away.
- The ErgoBaby 360 was another amazing recommendation from The Baby Cubby, and I use it constantly. I wear Mory out in the backyard to pull weeds while the big kids play, or just around the house to do our daily chores. It's also nice to bring along in case #JordansBabyPodThing is too bulky for whatever adventure we are going on. I purchased the Newborn Insert too, and it makes sure Mory is safe, comfy, and snuggly during her ride. Once she is big enough, we will pull the insert out, and voila! Big girl carrier!
- The crockpot is my saving grace… I love being able to throw a bunch of stuff in the crockpot in the morning, and have a yummy meal waiting for us come dinnertime! I use my “Favorite 81 Slow Cooker Recipes” e-book all. the. time! It's worth its weight in gold, folks!
* * * *
Well, Freebs, those are my favorites! How do they stack up with your must-have products for baby? If you need advice on what products may be best for you, and your family's needs, you MUST check out The Baby Cubby! They helped me get the scoop on products I had always wondered about, and some I'd never even heard of! I was so impressed; they truly are pros of the baby world!
If you are local to Utah, go browse their store in Lindon. You can touch, feel, and learn about all the products you've wondered about! If you aren't local, their website is full of all the amazing products they carry, and information about each and every one! They also have a chat function on their site that allows you to ask questions their experts questions about the products you want to order.
The Baby Cubby is unique in that they want your experience to be more than just shopping; they want you to leave inspired, educated, encouraged, and supported. AMAZING, right?! It is NOT your average store, ladies. These people care about you, what you spend your money on, and how safe your baby will be using the products they carry. They have a team that scours Amazon each and every day to make that Baby Cubby's pricing is on-par, and that you are always getting the best deal possible!
What baby products are your favorite? What would you add to my list? Share with me in the comments below!
This post was generously brought to you by The Baby Cubby but was 100% my idea, my words, and my opinions of course.