Summer is great, but man… it can get so HOT! Beat the heat on those blazing days with the refreshing taste of homemade popsicles. Best Part? They are so. dang. cheap. to make!
Popsicles are the quintessential summer treat for kids. Remember those rainbow colored ice pops in the plastic tubes? You know, the super cheap ones where you drink the juice after you've eaten all the ice. Oh yeah… so many memories, right?
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Well, we're taking the summer treat game up a notch with these homemade popsicle recipes. Homemade popsicles will save you money, taste way better, AND are healthier than the store-bought kind. These are so refreshing, the whole family will be begging for one!
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE POPSICLES
Making homemade popsicles is SO EASY. Seriously, it is! All you need are the ingredients for your chosen popsicle recipe and a popsicle mold. If you don't have access to an actual popsicle mold, you can use Dixie cups or even an ice tray in a pinch.
All you have to do is add your popsicle mixture to your chosen mold, making sure to leave half an inch at the top for expansion. Put popsicle sticks in before they freeze and BAM, you have popsicles!
JUICE BASED HOMEMADE POPSICLES
Juice based popsicles are SO easy to make. You can literally just pour your favorite juice straight into the popsicle mold and call it a day! For those of you who love a recipe to follow, here are our favorite juice based popsicle varieties.
- Apple Juice and Berry Popsicles – Delicious with no added sugar!
- Orange Juice Popsicles – Toss in some diced up strawberries for an ah-ma-zing flavor combination.
- Pineapple Kiwi Pops – These even look refreshing.
- Watermelon Kiwi Popsicles – If these adorable homemade popsicles don't scream summer BBQ, we don't know what does!
- Kool-Aid Pops – Simply whip up some Kool-Aid and pour it in the molds!
- Sparkling Juice Popsicles – Yes, you CAN use your favorite sparkling juice to make homemade popsicles, too!
These juice based homemade popsicles make a perfect light afternoon snack on a hot summer day!
YOGURT BASED POPSICLES
Yogurt based popsicles are heartier than their juice based counterparts and come with the added benefit of healthy probiotics for the tummy. Not only that, but the protein from the yogurt will keep you and your little ones snack-satisfied!
- Parfait Popsicle – Try these for a fun breakfast!
- Blueberry Yogurt Swirl – This one only uses 3 ingredients.
- Greek Yogurt Pops – Just mix your choice of greek yogurt in a bowl of chopped up fruit and pour it in. Voila!
- Creamy Dreamy Fudgsicles – Calling all chocolate lovers! Oh. My. Yum.
- Leftover Smoothie Popsicles – A handy trick to get the most out of your breakfast smoothies!
- Fruit Puree Popsicles – Blend together any fruits in your kitchen that you need to use up and mix with a little yogurt for some creaminess. Don't be afraid to mix fruit flavors!
These yogurt based homemade popsicles are soooooo good and so much healthier than many other summer treats. It's a guilt-free indulgence!
OTHER GREAT HOMEMADE POPSICLES
Try these other homemade popsicles for an out of the box approach!
- Coconut Lime Popsicles – These will take you straight to the beach in Mexico!
- Honeydew Lime – This sweet melon flavor makes great homemade popsicle.
- Jell-O Popsicles – These are great for the littles because they aren't as drippy as regular homemade popsicles.
- Creamy Mango Popsicles – This recipe is super flexible. Swap out the mango for whatever fruit you have on hand. Shelf cooking at its finest!
- Fresh-Picked Peach Popsicles – Blend up some fresh picked peaches with unsweetened coconut milk for a truly delectable popsicle!
Beat the heat all summer long with these tasty homemade popsicle recipes. Super easy and dirt cheap to make, they'll be a go-to summer snack for the whole family. They are all so delicious, so try them ALL! What is your favorite way to make homemade popsicles? Tell us in the comments below!
Looking for other helpful posts?