You know the best thing about getting together with a group of people? Party games! Yep…that's right! Fun party games are a great way to get people feeling comfortable and having fun. The Bowl Game is about to become your new favorite group game!
Do you want an unforgettable party? You need some fun party games up your sleeve – or at least ONE killer party game. I'm about to share with you the BEST party game ever!
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
If you follow me on Instagram (um…you should, it's a great time over there…) then you've probably seen several IG Stories from parties I have thrown. We're talking people are laughing so hard, tears are often shed. That, my friends, is the result of my infamous Bowl Game: THE BEST, funniest, most amazing adult party game you will ever play.
And I don't say that lightly.
Ready to see what it's all about?
WHY IS IT THE BEST OF THE PARTY GAMES?
The Bowl Game is a party game like no other. It's an ice-breaker/get-to-know-you/guessing game that will have you laugh-crying. Guaranteed or your money back! (wink) Whether you know everyone in the group incredibly well (like family), or whether you hardly know the group at all (like at work, or neighborhood), it does. not. matter.
We have played this game at every party we have thrown for years now, and we have never had a fail on it yet! It's always a hit.
You want to give yourself at least a good hour to play it because once the stories start flowing, they just don't stop! So we typically choose this as our one and only game…and it's usually all you need.
Alright, time to get to the best of the best party games that we are absolutely obsessed with.
THE BOWL GAME
The objective: You don't want anybody to guess which strips of paper are yours. Meanwhile, you want to correctly guess which strips of paper belong to everyone else. The player with the most points at the end of the game wins!
BOWL GAME SUPPLIES
HOW TO PLAY THE BOWL GAME
- Everyone takes two strips of paper and writes an unknown/unique, but TRUE, fact about themselves on each strip of paper (2 facts total). Don't put your name on the strip, and don't tell anyone what you wrote!
- When all strips are filled out, fold them up and put them in the bowl (hence the name 😉 ).
- Pick someone to start the game. They take a strip of paper out of the bowl and read it aloud for everyone. Whoever it belongs to, stays quiet until the end of the round! Put on your poker face and don't admit that it's yours!
- The person to the right of the reader guesses who they think the strip of paper belongs to, simply by calling out their name or pointing. Then the person next to them does the same, continuing around the circle until everyone guesses. The reader guesses last (since they have an advantage and can see the handwriting on the paper.)
- After everyone has guessed, the owner of the strip of paper stands up and admits it was them. And of course, you'll need to explain yourself. 🙂
- Figure the scoring for that round: Anyone who guessed correctly gets 1 point. Or, if the correct person wasn't guessed at all, that person gets 5 points! This is why you want to write something crazy that will throw the group off! You don't want people to guess it's you!
- Pass the bowl to the right, and the next person pulls out a new strip of paper and continues the same way.
- Once all rounds have been completed, tally up the scores. Whoever has the most points wins!
PARTY GAME TIPS
If you've never played before, here are some tips to make the game a little more fun right off the bat!
- When coming up with something to write about yourself, get creative! Dig deep! You want to come up with something that even your SPOUSE doesn't know about you! (Think back to kindergarten…college days…weird dating stories…embarrassing moments…)
- Okay, this might be a no-brainer… but if the paper is yours, obviously don't admit it, and don't guess yourself! Throw the group off by guessing that it's someone else. If you are a spouse and know for a fact that it's your spouse's strip, consider being a team player and casting your vote to someone else to throw off the scent. That's what nice spouses do. 😉
- And last, but not least… You can keep score on a board where everyone can see, on paper, or have people keep track of their own score. Want to take the game to a whole new level? Give everyone a small paper cup and keep score with candy. One piece of candy equals one point.
You can always have a grand prize for the winner, but the laughs and stories really are the grand prize.
*Note, you can really play this at any party, but we have found it to work best at adult/couple parties.
So there you have it…
THE BEST OF THE PARTY GAMES, EVER!
This is quite possibly the best adult party game in the universe. Try it and let me know what you think! And be sure to share YOUR favorite party games below.
Don't forget about my Secret Sauce online budgeting program, Budget Boot Camp! Super fun video program that makes money easy to understand. All you need is a screen and you're set!
And don't forget, if you don't save at LEAST what you paid for the program, I'll refund every dime. You've got nothing to lose! Use the code FCFBLOG to get an extra 10% off, because I love you 😉
Looking for more party tips? We've got you covered!
- Check out these cheap party food ideas, cause you know every good party needs some delicious food!
- Want some more genius ideas to really up your game? We're talking the game of life, here, folks! You gotta try out my block schedule system for a more productive life!
- Try out our cheap and fun party ideas to throw with friends!