Did you make a delicious turkey dinner and now you've got a whole mess of leftover turkey that you're not sure what to do with? These leftover turkey recipes are the perfect way to repurpose that turkey to perfection!
Freebs! Our Thanksgiving turkey dinner is sooooo good! We always make enough that there are a lot of leftovers and we're not sad about it. However, we don't just want to be eating plain ‘ole turkey for the next 5 years, either!
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
If you're wanting to find some new ways to use up your leftover turkey, try out some of these recipes! We're talking soups, casseroles, sandwiches and even enchiladas… We cover it all. You won't want to waste a single piece of your delicious leftover turkey and you won't be sad about these recipes that we found, either!
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVER TURKEY
Before we get to the recipes, let's go over the safe and proper way to store your leftover turkey so that it doesn't go bad. Make sure that you store your turkey in an airtight container and get it in the refrigerator or freezer quickly! You don't want it to sit out for very long on Turkey Day or else it'll go bad and you'll have to kiss it goodbye as you throw it in the trash.
Portion your leftover turkey into the proper serving sizes for your family. Refrigerate what you'll eat in the next 4-6 days. If you don't plan on eating it that quickly, put it in a freezer bag (to prevent freezer burn) and freeze it until you're ready to use it in a recipe. It should last up to 6 months in the freezer! Now that you know how to properly store your turkey, let's get on to some recipes that you need to try…
LEFTOVER TURKEY SOUP RECIPES
If you're a soup lover then you're going to go crazy over these recipes! Just try not to lick the bowl when you're finished eating them. 😉
- Creamy Turkey and Rice Soup – This is definitely one of our favorite leftover turkey recipes that we make after Thanksgiving. It's so easy to make and so incredibly good. Grab your slow cooker and get to it!
- Turkey Noodle Soup – Averie Cooks takes a classic recipe and switches it up a bit to use leftover turkey instead of chicken. It's amazingly good and it freezes well! It's also a great way to use up any leftover veggies that you may have.
- Orzo, Spinach and Turkey Soup – If you're looking for a little bit healthier soup, try out this yummy recipe from Diethood.
- Turkey and Potato Soup – Turkey, potatoes, carrots, onion, celery, mushrooms… Are you intrigued yet? This hearty soup from Food.com is sure to be a family favorite.
- Turkey Soup With Lime and Chile – If you want a Mexican take on your leftover turkey, then try out this recipe from the NY Times! It's a lighter soup that's got a flavorful kick to it that you just can't resist.
LEFTOVER TURKEY CASSEROLE RECIPES
If casseroles are your jam, then this section is going to speak to you! These leftover turkey recipes are so easy, the hardest part for you will be choosing which one you want to try first.
- Cheddar Turkey Casserole – Can you really go wrong when you hear that a casserole has cheese in the title? Taste of Home has us covered on this delicious leftover turkey recipe.
- Easy Broccoli Rice Casserole with Turkey – This recipe from Spend With Pennies is not only perfect for using your leftover turkey, but it's great for using up any other leftovers that you may have! You can easily use leftover rice and whatever cheeses and veggies that are in your fridge and need to be eaten. Shelf cooking for the win!
- Leftover Turkey Casserole – The name really says it all! This recipe from Dinner Then Dessert uses a lot of leftovers that you may have from Thanksgiving. We're talking turkey, green beans, carrots, and cornbread (get our easy cornbread recipe HERE).
- Turkey Tetrazzini – Is anybody else's mouth watering just reading the ingredients for this recipe from Taste of Home? Pasta, turkey, mushrooms, three different types of cheese… Yes, please!
- Turkey and Mashed Potatoes Casserole – If you've got turkey AND mashed potatoes leftover, then you will definitely want to try out this recipe from Olivia's Cuisine.
- Turkey Cornbread Casserole – This recipe from Show Me The Yummy sounds yummy! The cornbread bakes on top of the turkey and veggies, making a nice warm blanket of love.
LEFTOVER TURKEY SANDWICH RECIPES
Okay, before you say anything, just wait and see what ideas we have for you! Yes, plain ‘ole sandwiches can be boring. But try out these ideas and you'll think about eating a plain leftover turkey sandwich again!
- Leftover Thanksgiving Panini – The Pioneer Woman does it again with this crazy delicious leftover turkey (and other Thanksgiving food) recipe! Take all of your leftovers (such as turkey, cranberry sauce, dressing and gravy), put 'em between some bread and stick in in a panini press. It may just be your favorite sandwich, yet!
- Turkey Sliders – This is one way that we can get on board with eating the leftover turkey in a sandwich since it's pure delicious. Can you really ever go wrong with Hawaiian rolls? Chelsea's Messy Apron has got it going on with this one!
- Turkey Bacon Avocado Grilled Cheese – Um, yes please!!! Have we completely lost you now, are you already heating up the griddle to make these for the whole family? We really can't blame you if you are. 😉 Delish knew what they were doing when they created this recipe!
- Leftover Turkey Sandwich – Use your leftover rolls, turkey, stuffing and cranberry to make this great recipe from Kraft Heinz.
OTHER LEFTOVER TURKEY RECIPES
Now that we've gotten through the soups, casseroles and sandwiches, here are the last of the leftover turkey recipes that you definitely don't want to miss!
- Turkey Chili – Food Network has got our backs when it comes to giving us what we want! Turkey chili is such a different way to reuse your leftover turkey that you probably haven't thought about yet.
- Leftover Turkey Noodles – Will Cook For Smiles has a great recipe for you using your leftover turkey and veggies, along with some noodles in a great sauce. It'll have you wanting to make a turkey just so you can make this meal from the leftovers!
- Leftover Turkey and Stuffing Enchiladas – Here's another outside-of-the-box way to eat your Thanksgiving leftovers from Ready Set Eat. You won't be disappointed that you did!
- Turkey Pot Pie – If you love chicken pot pie, then you'll love this recipe from Allrecipes! Take all of your normal chicken pot pie ingredients and substitute in the leftover turkey. Easy as pie! (Turkey pot pie, that is.)
- Turkey Jambalaya – If you love spicy, then this leftover turkey recipe is for you! You can either add your turkey in with the sausage like Spicy Southern Kitchen does or you can completely substitute it if you have enough.
Are you totally excited to try out all of these leftover turkey recipes, now? Hopefully you won't be stressing about what to do with all of your leftovers after reading this! Let us know what your favorite recipe is in the comments!
Looking for more ideas for your leftovers?