It’s no secret that I love Swig (a cute soda and cookie shop in Utah and Arizona that I hope will dominate the world someday with their deliciousness). My weakness is their (diet) Raspberry Dream, my favorite drink of all time. Picture this: diet Doctor Pepper…coconut cream…raspberry puree…oh. my. heavens. Basically dessert in a cup.
*wipes drool from mouth*
Good news! I know Swig isn’t everywhere, so I came up with my own version of the Diet Raspberry Dream so those of you who are out of town can use the recipe to tide you over until you get in contact with the REAL DEAL someday (soon, hopefully)!
It took a little trial and error, but luckily because of a Bachelorette Finale party I hosted recently, I had lots of guinea pigs and it was a hit. Enough with the chatter, let’s get on to the drink!
SWIG COPYCAT RASPBERRY DREAM RECIPE!
Here’s what you need:
(Pssst – get the printable recipe HERE!)
- Dr. Pepper, or Diet Dr. Pepper (1 full can, or amount needed to fill your cup, from a 2-Liter)
- 2-3T Coconut Cream, depending on your taste (I got mine at Walmart in the drink/soda section)
- 1-2T Torani Raspberry Syrup, depending on your taste (I got mine at a local grocery store, but World Market carries a ton of syrups if you have one close!)
- Crushed frozen raspberries to taste (I like lots, like 3-4T!)
- I made mine in a mason jar, which made it easy to combine everything (and pretty to look at, too!). Just make sure you’re careful when mixing, and don’t shake too hard… or you will have a ceiling covered in Dr. Pepper.
- Fill your cup with desired amount of ice.
- Add coconut cream and syrup. Shake gently, or stir.
- Add raspberries last, then shake or stir again. ENJOY!
Again, get the printable recipe HERE!
I found these cute straws in the Walmart party section for cheap! They made for a cute addition, and a great way to stir it up while you’re sipping!
Using frozen raspberries is key, and when they break up it makes the perfect tidbit to suck through a straw.
Ahhh, the finished product! Look how the sun is shining through the window, it doesn’t get more heavenly than that 😉
Well folks, that’s how I do it!
Again, there is just nothing like the real deal from Swig, but the homemade version is pretty darn good if I do say so myself. The cookies though?? I still have yet to find a recipe that even comes close.
So, enjoy this recipe if you aren’t lucky enough to have a Swig in your city… though I would seriously consider moving if I were you…