We’ve got some easy appetizers coming your way today! They’re not only delicious, but they’re also quick and easy to throw together last minute. These are perfect for the holidays when you need a little snack before the big meal.
Are you in charge of finger foods on the big day this holiday season? Do you have a clue what you’re going to make? If your answer is no, then we feel ya and have been there, done that! There’s nothing worse than not knowing what you want to make for all of your family and friends to snack on during the holidays.
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
You could spend lots of time scouring the internet and stressing over it… Or you can sit back and relax while you read over our ideas! We’ve got 21 easy appetizers that are so delicious, the only trouble you’ll have is figuring out which ones you want to make. So go ahead and practice what you’re going to make and send them to us so that we can let you know how they taste. 😉
EASY BAKED APPETIZERS
Do you love to bake? These easy appetizers all need to be baked in some way or another, so your heart will be happy! None of them are too time-intensive and should all be able to be whipped up pretty quickly.
- Cranberry Brie Bites – This delicious and easy recipe from The Country Cook allows you to shelf cook with what you have. They’re quick, so good, and have a delicious little tang to them thanks to the cranberries!
- Zucchini Muffins – Make a bite-sized version of this recipe from Simply Recipes using a mini muffin tin. Just make sure that you adjust the time accordingly!
- Sweet Potato Bites – These are one of the classic easy holiday appetizers. Try out Basil and Bubbly’s recipe and see how quickly they get gobbled up!
- Artichoke, Tomato and Spinach Flatbread – Doesn’t that sound so delicious?! This recipe is from Little Broken and goes together in a snap. You can switch it up to use what you have on hand and get a little shelf cooking in while you’re at it! 😉
- Pigs in a Blanket – Can you really ever go wrong having pigs in a blanket as an appetizer? Dress the classic recipe up with some cheese to make it that much better!
- Mac and Cheese Bites – You can easily make your own mac and cheese and bake it in mini muffin tins. Or if you’d like to fancy them up a bit, try this recipe from Taste of Home!
Is your mouth watering yet? We’re just getting started!
EASY DIPS AND SPREADS
You really can’t ever go wrong with serving a dip or spread as an appetizer! These will all make your tastebuds happy and can be whipped up in two shakes.
- Cranberry Salsa – This cream cheese cracker dip is the absolute best! Don’t mind us, we’re just tootin’ our own horns for how good our recipe is. 😉
- Queso – While this may not scream Thanksgiving, it does scream delicious and crowd-pleaser! It’s so easy to make and you can add ground sausage or hamburger meat to give it a little extra somethin’-somethin’.
- Spinach Artichoke Dip – Seriously, does it get any more delicious than this? Try your hand at making a recipe from Allrecipes that everybody will be going crazy over! Serve it with your favorite crackers or crusty bread.
- Bacon Ranch Cheddar Cheese Ball – Doesn’t that name just make your mouth water?! Make this easy appetizer recipe from The Cozy Cook and serve it with crackers, veggies, or pita bread.
Are you sold yet? 😉
EASY APPETIZERS TO THROW TOGETHER
Ummmm yes, please! These easy appetizers are the simplest of the simple. But just because they’re simple doesn’t mean that they’re not still delicious!
- Veggie Tray – Cut up your favorite veggies, put them on a platter, and watch them go. Whip up a homemade veggie dip and they’ll be gone that much quicker!
- Spiced Nuts – Nuts are so good and are a great and easy appetizer because they’ll hold you until your big meal without overly filling you up. Try out this spiced nuts recipe from Food Network and see just how delicious nuts can be!
- Fruit and Dip – If your family loves a sweet fruit dip, then this is sure to be a new favorite! Make up a fruit tray and whip up this easy fruit dip to go along with it.
- Pickle and Cheese Tray – Grab your favorite pickles and cheese and put them on a platter. They’re such an easy appetizer and you’ll be happy with how quickly you can put them together.
- Skewers – If you don’t have a platter but still want to make an easy appetizer, then grab some wooden skewers and stick whatever you’ve got on them. You could do different diced fruits, veggies and cheese, or even diced meats. Whatever floats your boat!
- Homemade Chex Mix – Nobody is going to complain about you opening up a bag of Chex Mix, pouring it into a bowl and calling it a day. However, if you want to actually make your own, it’s really easy! Once again, AllRecipes has got your back and a deliciously easy recipe for you.
Now don’t those all sound so simple and so good?!
EASY MEAT APPETIZERS
If meat is yo thang, then you’re going to love all of these ideas!
- Sausage Balls – Have you ever tried making these with biscuit mix? They’re sooo good! You can’t go wrong with this recipe from Dinner Then Dessert.
- Little Sausages in BBQ Sauce – These are so easy to make and can feed a lot of people! Grab however many little sausages that you need and throw them in a lined crockpot. Add your favorite BBQ sauce (hint, Sweet Baby Rays is the BOMB) and cook on low for 2-3 hours until you’re ready to eat. They’re as simple as that!
- Crockpot BBQ Meatballs – These meatballs from iHeartNaptime are a crowd pleaser, plus they can be made in the crockpot and only require 3 ingredients and 5 minutes to prep! How is that for easy!?
- Rolled Deli Meat – Take your favorite lunch meats, roll them up, and put them out for everybody to chow down on. It’s an easy last-minute appetizer that nobody will complain about.
- Ham and Swiss Sliders – Do you love Hawaiian rolls? They’re so tasty! Take them up a notch by making this simple sliders recipe.
Oh hey, you might want to wipe the drool off of your face right now! 😉 Now that you’re set on ideas, the hardest part for you will be choosing which of these easy Thanksgiving appetizers that you’re going to try first. Good luck with that!
Do you have any easy appetizers that you serve during the holidays? Let us know in the comments!
Looking for more holiday food ideas?