Ok, who doesn't love brownies?? Bubba's favorite dessert in the world is brownies, so today I'm sharing the world's best brownie recipe with you for two reasons. ONE: they are just downright delicious. TWO: They can save you money!! True story.
Many of you have asked for my tips and tricks for entertaining. I did a few mini videos HERE and HERE, but thought I'd continue to give additional tips over the next few weeks! One of my money-saving party tips is to make your own food, rather than buying pre-made food! We have had several BBQ's at our house over the last few weeks, and I feel like I'm seeing more and more store-bought desserts. One family even bought 3 pies, at almost $7 each! Super generous of them, but a complete unnecessary cost.
If you make your side dish, dessert, or salad rather than buying it pre-made from the store, you will be able to attend or host parties far more often, because it won't weigh so heavily on your wallet!
For that reason I've asked Nicole from Sprinkles and Blooms to share one of her most popular, delicious, and fool-proof recipes with us so next time you host or attend a party, you can bring a fabulously easy (and fabulous tasting!) dessert using ingredients you have lying around your house. So let's get to it, take it away, Nicole!
My name is Nicole and I blog over at Sprinkles and Blooms where I share my love for creating. I love a good DIY project, (even if they don’t always go exactly as planned 😉 ) baking, reading, and landscaping. Today I’m sharing my favorite brownie recipe. If you love chewy, fudgy brownies this is the recipe for you! It’s a definite crowd pleaser and the perfect dessert to make when you’re having people over!
I have 6 different brownie recipes in my recipe box but this one is by far the best. My mom found it years ago in the Taste of Home magazine. Does anyone else remember that magazine? Maybe it still exists? I don’t know, but I haven’t seen it for years.
It’s a super easy recipe, with few ingredients, and the perfect frosting. However, even if you’re not a frosting fan, they’re also amazing without it! So let's get to the recipe:
World's Best Brownies (with Whipped Cream Frosting!)
PRINTABLE RECIPE FOUND HERE
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- ¾ cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 cup nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine cocoa and butter in a pot and melt it on the stove.
- While the cocoa and butter are melting together, put the sugar and eggs in a bowl and mix.
- When cocoa and butter are done melting, pour it into the bowl with the sugar and eggs. Mix it all together really well.
- Add flour and nuts (if using), and mix well.
- Pour the batter into a 9×13 pan and bake for 30-40 minutes. Remember, don't over bake them!
- ¼ cup water
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Melt butter, cocoa, and water together. Stir till smooth and then let cool until room temperature
- While the above mixture is cooling, whip your whipping cream. Add about 4 tablespoons of powdered sugar to the whipped cream and whip it until it is stiff.
- When the cocoa mixture is cooled to room temperature fold the whipped cream into it.
- Frost your brownies and enjoy! (Keep leftovers refrigerated)
AGAIN, PRINTABLE RECIPE FOUND HERE
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do! Remember the key to these brownies is to not overcook them, so watch them closely! If you give this recipe a try, leave a comment below and let me know what you think! Thanks for reading and have a great day. 🙂
* * * *
Thanks again, Nicole! Be sure to visit Nicole over at Sprinkles and Blooms, and let us know if you try this recipe and love it! Hope you all have a fantastic week. Now, if you don't mind…I need to go make me some brownies.
Have you checked out ShelfCooking.com yet? Our brand new site is dedicated to helping you cook delicious, nutritious and budget-friendly meals for your family without slaving away in the kitchen! Basically every parent's dream, right? Join our Shelf Cooking Community today!