Welcome back to What To Wear Wednesday! Today I'm doing things a little differently, so here are some quick things to note about this fashion breakdown:
- I'm going to do TWO outfits today, because they are both by my friends at Shabby Apple While the outfits were given to me to wear for my TLC filming, no, Shabby Apple is not sponsoring this post. I simply happened to wear both these outfits very recently, I like the outfits, got lots of compliments and “where did you get that!” questions, so I thought I'd share.
- I'm sorry to say, but these outfits are not exactly frugal. I wish they were, but they're not. So I'm hoping you will take the inspiration from them and find more frugal versions elsewhere. But, keep in mind that they do have sales and clearance at S.A. so maybe you'll get lucky!
- I'm sorry that my last few fashion posts have all been Sunday outfits. I promise I'll post a bunch of casual and semi-casual ones soon. Would you be interested in kid and/or husband fashion too? Let me know!
All that being said… take what you will from this post, and enjoy!
- This skirt is a ROCK STAR. I wore it for 48 hours straight. From sun up to sun down, two days in a row. (I had to wear the same outfit both days for the TLC filming, for editing purposes.) I walked for miles in that skirt, sat a lot, and even chased chickens in this skirt (long story). It was sturdy, slow to wrinkle, comfortable, and made me feel cute even when I was sweating and – literally – running around. The zipper could be better quality, but the fabric is HEAVY DUTY.
- I like that it's classy, but not stuffy.
- I also like that the skirt is flattering for the most part, because it is high-waisted and hugs in the narrowest part of the torso.
- Top: Shabby Apple. Comes in red, tan, and white I believe.
- Skirt: Shabby Apple. Don't you love it with yellow?!?!
- Shoes: Dillards clearance ($15)
- Necklace: Charlotte Russe. Remember, you don't have to pay a lot for jewelry! Look at this cute pearl necklace for only $6!
- It's modest. It covers my sleeves and goes to my knees, so I don't have to worry about anything hanging out where it shouldn't be…especially when chasing/tackling my wild kids. Modest is hottest, right ladies??
- It's fun. Who doesn't love polka dots??
- It's retro. I am not typically much of a retro girl, so I thought it would be fun to try something new.
- I chose shoes with a pop of color since the dress itself is pretty basic color-wise.
- It's figure-flattering but not skin-tight.
- Dress: Shabby Apple
- Shoes: Bass Shoes clearance (regularly $59, on sale for $18), bought on my trip to Oregon this week.
Horrible pic, but I topped the look off with an easy sock bun. You simple cut the toe out of a sock (I recommend a dark or brown sock) and roll it into a donut, put your hair in a pony tail, feed your ponytail through the “sock donut”, then roll it down.
So there you go! See my other outfits HERE.
Check out my closet to see lots of my other clothes, check out how I shop sales, and the top 7 sales you should never miss, and see how I do my makeup here. See how I work shopping into my regular budget as well.