Sometimes we all need a little pick-me-up. Peanut butter fudge is the perfect answer to your needs! It's easy to make and is a great way to treat the ones you love. It also makes a great gift for friends or family who are sweets connoisseurs!
We all know someone who is a total peanut butter lover. Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Apple slices and peanut butter. Peanut butter energy bites. What do you make for someone who's a peanut butter freak and can't get enough?
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Peanut butter fudge, of course! It's so easy to make and so much cheaper than what you buy in the specialty stores. Woot woot! The best part is that you probably have most of the ingredients already (thank you, #shelfcooking), so you don't have to go out and buy all new ingredients to make it. Whether you're making it for a birthday gift, Christmas present, or just because, you can't go wrong!
HOW TO MAKE PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE
You will love how easy this recipe is to make! Your favorite peanut butter plus marshmallow creme makes for the smoothest peanut butter fudge out there. The “hardest” part is making sure your mixture reaches the proper temperature.
Oh my goodness, how will I even begin to know that it's at the right temperature?! Enter your new favorite kitchen tool, the digital candy thermometer. Use it when you're making your fudge and you'll never end up with sad fudge that wouldn't set up again.
Stick it right in the middle of your pan and allow it to boil until your thermometer reaches 234°F. This temperature will allow your peanut butter fudge to reach the perfect liquid-to-sugar ratio where it will set up beautifully and taste amazing.
Pro Tip: Don't let the tip of the thermometer touch the bottom or sides of the pan, or it'll throw the reading off and you'll end up with a sad mess that won't ever set up properly.
HOW TO STORE YOUR NEW FAVORITE TREAT
This easy peanut butter fudge will keep best if it's stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week. You can also freeze it for a few months, so it's an easy way to prep some Christmas treats ahead of time! Allow it to fully cool, then cut it into bite-sized pieces and wrap in cling wrap. Store it in an airtight container in the freezer.
When you're ready, pull the fudge out and thaw in the fridge for a few hours. Voila! Homemade peanut butter fudge that tastes just as good as the day you made it.
EASY PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE RECIPE
Alright, now that you're a pro at it, let's make some peanut butter fudge already! We've adapted this recipe from Jif and you really can't go wrong with it.
Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe
- 3 cups sugar
- ½ cup butter
- ⅔ cup (5 oz.) evaporated milk
- 1 ⅔ cups peanut butter
- 1-7 oz jar marshmallow creme
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Line a 9×9 pan with foil, leaving the ends of the foil extended over the sides (so you can easily pick it up out of the tray once it sets). Spray foil with cooking spray. There's nothing sadder than your fudge sticking to the foil!
- Bring sugar, butter and milk to a full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat and simmer until a candy thermometer reaches 234°F, stirring constantly. Keep the candy thermometer in the middle of the pan and don't allow the tip to touch the bottom or sides of the pan for a proper reading. This usually takes around 5 minutes!
- Remove from heat and mix in peanut butter.
- Add marshmallow creme and vanilla. Beat until well blended.
- Pour into the prepared pan and allow to cool. You can leave it on your counter or stick it in the fridge to help speed it along!
- Remove foil from the pan, remove the fudge from the foil (unless you want bits of foil in your fudge!), and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Enjoy! Good luck not eating it all in one sitting.
Congratulations, you are now a pro at making this easy peanut butter fudge recipe! You'll be the crowd favorite when you show up with this delicious treat at your next party or event.
What's your favorite fudge to make? Let us know in the comments!
Have you checked out ShelfCooking.com yet? Our brand new site is dedicated to helping you cook delicious, homemade, down-home-cooked meals for your family without spending too much time in the kitchen!
Basically every parent's dream, right? Join our Shelf Cooking Community today!
Looking for more great ideas?
- Want to make this easy recipe with your kids? Have a kids cooking class in the comfort of your own home and teach them how!
- If you love sweets then you've got to try out our favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe with a twist!
- We have over 30 great gift ideas for your friends to let you show them just how much you care.