Indulge in the sweetness of this season with these delicious summer treats for the whole family. Quick, easy and cheap, these are sure to hit the spot on a hot summer day!
Sweet, sweet, summertime—a time for family, fun and ample sunshine. Whether you're looking for and ice cold treat to beat the heat or a classic summertime pie, we have compiled a list of the BEST summer treats around. From homemade popsicles to funnel cakes, you'll be hoping summer never has to end!
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Most of these desserts are so simple to make, you can enlist your entire family to help. Go ahead… make it a fun summer family tradition!
While we do have one section of baked summer treats full of delicious ideas for your next backyard BBQ, most of these summer treats require no oven at all. Because, really… nobody wants to turn that thing on when it's blazing hot outside! Now, let's get on with the these summer treats!
COLD SUMMER TREATS
These ice-cold summer treats will keep you cool and refreshed no matter what the thermometer climbs up to! No oven required means you can make a sweet snack without turning your house into a summertime furnace.
- Homemade Ice Cream – So easy and so delicious!
- Homemade Popsicles – Don't forget the popsicle molds!
- Banana Ice Cream – It's actually a healthy treat!
- Strawberry Cream Pie – An easy no-bake recipe.
- Homemade Snow Cones – It only takes 4 ingredients!
- Strawberries and Whipped Cream – Chill the berries before you cut them up and top with a big ole dollop of whipped cream!
- Frozen Lemonade – The perfect way to cool off on a hot day.
- Ice Cream Sandwiches – Ice cream and cookies, does life get any better?
- Chocolate Chip Cookie and Ice Cream Cupcakes – Yum, yum and YUM. It's a cookie, it's ice cream, it's a cupcake… it's SUPER DESSERT!
- Strawberry Lemonade Fro-Yo – Get your healthy on!
- Blueberry Fro-Yo Bites – These are a quick and easy summer treat that has an extra little kick of delicious antioxidants.
- Copycat Dole Pineapple Whip – Bring Disney home! Sooooo good. And so much cheaper than what you can buy there!
- Grilled Pineapple Sundaes – Because… why not?
- Frozen Watermelon – Use a melon baller, pop them in the freezer, and have some healthy and delicious treats that'll keep you cool on a hot day.
These summer treats are a blast to make and they are CHEAP! So get the family together and get to to it.
We couldn't make a list of summertime treats without the classics! But seriously… is it even summer if there isn't cherry pie around!?
- Easter Candy Cookies – Still have some leftover Easter candy laying in the back of your pantry? Use it up with this yummy recipe!
- Angel Food Cake with Strawberries – Make your own or buy one for cheap at the store!
- Banana Cream Pie – Bananas are pretty much always cheap and this is always a winner!
- Chocolate Bundt Cake – In the mood for something a little heavier? Chocolate is NEVER out of season.
- Fruit Pizza Cookies – It has fruit on it, so it's healthy, mkay? 😉
- Mason Jar Pies – How adorable are these? Nothing beats a classic summertime cherry pie in a mason jar!.
- Peach Cobbler – With fresh-picked peaches, of course!
- Lemon Meringue Pie – Is it really summer without the meringue?
- Strawberry Cheesecake – A classic summer treat!
- Lemon Bars – These are always so refreshing, it's really hard to not like them.
- Funnel Cake – Bring the fun of the fair home. And save about $100 per funnel cake, too. 😉
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie – What a classic!
While these summer treats may require the oven to be on… they are totally worth it!
EXTRA-SPECIAL SUMMER TREATS
These summer treats are so unique, they deserve a category all their own!
- Cake Batter Fudge – This one is super quick and simple. The sprinkles make it feel extra festive for a fun summer day.
- Campfire S'mores – Need we say more? You can also make them in the microwave if you don't have a fire.
- Grilled Peaches – Add a side of ice cream for an extra treat.
- Summer Fruit Salad – Make it as simple as dicing up a bunch of fruit and tossing in a large bowl. Or kick it up a notch and make our favorite fruit salad with cool whip.
- S'mores Icebox Cake – OH. MY. YUM.
- Chocolate Covered Fruit Kabobs – Just stick your favorite fruit on a skewer and drizzle with melted bakers chocolate for a healthy (er) summer treat!
- Caramel Apple S'mores – Just replace the graham cracker with apple slices and add a little caramel.
- Rice Crispy Treats – Get creative and throw in some extras—chocolate chips, m&ms, sprinkles, anything you can think of!
- No Bake Berry Lasagna – Oh man, this is a good one! And healthyish. 😉
- Key Lime Pie – Sooo refreshing. Just pretend you're in the tropics while devouring it.
- Snickers Apple Salad – This is one of the most fun and easiest summer treats you can make!
- Puppy Chow – Cheap, easy and we bet you can't eat just one!
- Patriotic Oreo Pops – Perfect for the 4th of July!
Make this season even more special by adding in a little extra sweetness. Easy, fun, delicious and cheap to make—these summer treats are the BOMB! What's your favorite summertime go-to treat? Tell us in the comments below!
Looking for other helpful posts?